Author Topic: What is your Favorite Cheese?  (Read 19185 times)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: What is your Favorite Cheese?
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2008, 09:05:50 pm »
I can't think of a cheese I don't like but my favourite is  really creamy blue stilton,not the crumbly stuff.I like to be able to spread it on fresh crusty bread or crackers.
Actually there is one cheese even I can't stomach and that is a pericularly pungent one called,stinking bishop, and it really does stink.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2008, 10:09:27 pm »
I can't think of a cheese I don't like but my favourite is  really creamy blue stilton,not the crumbly stuff.I like to be able to spread it on fresh crusty bread or crackers.
Actually there is one cheese even I can't stomach and that is a pericularly pungent one called,stinking bishop, and it really does stink.

:laugh: :laugh:

I remember you telling us about Stinking Bishop once before Fiona! That sounds very much like limburger, which I think is "off the  charts" stinky. WHEEW!!  :P

I don't know how people eat things like that. But I'm probably not a very good judge, because I really don't like cheese all that much.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline optom3

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2008, 12:21:41 am »
:laugh: :laugh:

I remember you telling us about Stinking Bishop once before Fiona! That sounds very much like limburger, which I think is "off the  charts" stinky. WHEEW!!  :P

I don't know how people eat things like that. But I'm probably not a very good judge, because I really don't like cheese all that much.

I thought I remembered mentioning it before.We were served it at a dinner party once, and myself and husband thought it was a joke.When the lid came of the container the smell was so bad it made our eyes run.We left the table utterly convinced as I say that it was an after dinner party joke.
To our chagrin, it wasn't and despite trying to laugh it off we offended our hosts!

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2008, 06:02:59 am »
I haven't chosen any because I really love cheese and want them all.  ;D One thing I remember from my first visit to the US is that you colored your cheese orange!! :o ::) :P The pale yellow that I was used to from Europe was hard to find.....

In Denmark they make wonderful cheese, and Italy, and Germany and don't forget France and even we in Sweden know how to make cheese......the Swiss and UK....well, many countries make tasty cheese..... :laugh:

Try it even if it smells, the taste can be worth it!

Berit
Ennis.....always Ennis.....

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2008, 06:06:42 am »
I thought I remembered mentioning it before.We were served it at a dinner party once, and myself and husband thought it was a joke.When the lid came of the container the smell was so bad it made our eyes run.We left the table utterly convinced as I say that it was an after dinner party joke.
To our chagrin, it wasn't and despite trying to laugh it off we offended our hosts!

OUCH!!

:laugh:  :laugh:
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2008, 06:06:55 am »
I forgot the Dutch!! Don't ever forget the Dutch when it comes to cheese! Gouda, and of course Edam..... ;D

Berit
Ennis.....always Ennis.....

injest

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2008, 10:31:09 am »
ok I added Velveeta (and Cheez Whiz  :laugh: :laugh: ) and you can now make up to five choices!

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2008, 11:23:43 am »
Not really. It's a lot tastier, in fact. I think the richness of the taste has to do with the fact that this is a farm cheese, and the taste is influence by the food the cows are given.

It's not a strong taste, but really rich and nutty. The taste also varies during the season. It's delicious.

I Googled nectaire cheese again and found at least one Internet source where you can buy it, at http://idealcheese.com/search.aspx?find=nectaire 

A lot of the wines produced in my state (Missouri) are made from regional varietals like Seyval, Vidal and Norton (a/k/a Cynthiana) grapes and now I'm curious to see what kind of local wine I could pair with that kind of cheese.  A tough research project, but someone's gotta do it.

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2008, 11:38:21 am »
I love cheese, all kinds, but not the real smelly ones.

When I was on a diet, one time, the only cheese I was allowed to eat was Gouda, which I like.

Do you have creamed cheese over there, it comes in a jar and is a creamy cheese spread. Thats nice on toast and crumpets, and when heated in the microwave can substitute for a white cheese sauce for cauliflower or brocolli.

And I did have  a lovely cheese one time, which was part of a platter, it had walnuts in it and was delicious.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2008, 10:55:58 am »

Have you tasted it htough Fiona - mmmmmm - so nice! Also smelly (more so than stinking bishop but more yummier) is Epoisses - you need to keep it outta the fridge and in the warmth so its soft - mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I assume sharp cheddar is mature cheddar as we brits would call it so i voted for that along with feta swiss brie and mozzarella

I also love hulumni which is another greek cheese - its great on vegetable kebabs as it doesnt melt (its a rubbery texture)
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/