Author Topic: 2006 Pierre Tremblay interview (in its entirety)  (Read 46061 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: Pierre Tremblay interview (in its entirety)
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2006, 02:28:16 am »
Ooooo, this brings back happy old memories about the deep significance of the number 3.... remember that great old topic?

Believe it or not, that thread still is there on the BBM Board: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0388795/board/flat/40229458
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 01:59:20 pm by Meryl »
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2006, 01:59:25 pm »
I took the liberty of compiling the complete question and answer session that we had with Pierre Tremblay. This includes all of the follow-up questions and answers, as well.

I still need to send him a "thank you" letter on behalf of the board, but had little response to the thread that I made several days ago. So I need some ideas about that. If you have any... please let me know... because we really, really, really need to send him something. It was so nice of him to do this for us.

Anyways, here is the complete text, for your reading pleasure --

somehow, i am only now finding this, fascinating read nonetheless - thank you!
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline tamarack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2007, 07:07:46 am »
I just wanted to say thanks again for doing this interview in the first place and to those of you who helped me find the proper channels to follow to get permission from Pierre to use the interview on FindingBrokeback.com. It is now up there along with those of Tom Benz, the production manager; Alfie Creighton, who was in charge of the vehicles; and Darryl Solly, the location manager.

You did a really wonderful job with this and I really loved the way you not only asked for ideas for questions from everyone but then voted on which ones would be used. You came up with an incredible interview doing it that way.

Lauren

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2007, 11:52:23 am »
Thanks, Lauren, for letting us know it's up over at findingbrokeback.com.  There's now a Tremblay trinity: imdb, BetterMost and findingbrokeback.  8)

Big thanks go to TheStudDuck! who organized the interview and corresponded with the Tremblays when we were posting on the Pierre Tremblay message board.  David, you contributed a big chunk of Tremblayan history.  A solemn YEEHAW to you!  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2007, 05:06:13 pm »
The interview was featured on The Daily Sheet on the Dave Cullen board today.  :D

Offline tamarack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2007, 10:26:15 pm »
This comment from a viewer of the interview on FB was forwarded to me a little while ago. I wanted to share it with you. You really should go to FB and see your interview. There have been some photos added and it looks great!

"That was a really good interview, both the questions and the answers.  Keep up the good work!"

(Just in case you're wondering, this is part of the response from FB: "Thanks for the kind words.  We enjoyed it too, but can accept no credit whatsoever for it.")

« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 10:39:15 pm by tamarack »

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2007, 11:44:07 pm »
Lauren, I did read the interview over at FB today and thought it looked very spiffy the way they printed it up, and the pictures added quite a bit of interest.  Nicely done!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2007, 01:54:55 pm »
Pierre Tremblay is listed on IMDb on a new movie:

Resurrecting the Champ
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0416185/

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2007, 10:28:18 pm »
It's funny you mention that, Elle.  I just went and saw that movie today (not knowing a thing about Pierre being involved, as I haven't been checking in on IMDb lately).  And there, in the very beginning of the credits, was his name.  I went "Woohoo, Pierre!"  The people around me looked at me strangely.  Oh, well.

Good movie, by the way.  Not great - flawed - but good.  Ultimately I think it's about how journalism has come to mean telling the people what (it's thought) they want to hear, instead of telling them the truth.  Good stuff.  And definitely the first movie I've truly enjoyed Josh Hartnett in.  I finally saw the light in his eyes - many times.

No more beans!

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2008, 04:06:14 pm »
Not sure if this is the right place to post this.
But I saw this pic and wanted to share it!
Matilda is so sweet if those aren't Heaths eyes...

"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"