Author Topic: Heath's Grave  (Read 11464 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Heath's Grave
« on: August 03, 2008, 09:49:16 pm »
Checking www.findagrave.com today I happened upon a photo that has been posted of "The family plot" where the ashes of Sir Frank Ledger and kin have been scattered over the years. The caption read this is where Heath's ashes were spread as well and a marker will eventually appear for him as well.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=pis&GRid=24102296&PIgrid=24102296&PIcrid=1967491&PIpi=9749371&

« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 10:18:30 pm by Elle »
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath's Grave
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 10:56:31 pm »
Checking www.findagrave.com today I happened upon a photo that has been posted of "The family plot" where the ashes of Sir Frank Ledger and kin have been scattered over the years. The caption read this is where Heath's ashes were spread as well and a marker will eventually appear for him as well.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=pis&GRid=24102296&PIgrid=24102296&PIcrid=1967491&PIpi=9749371&

Thanks for posting this Truman.  It's surprising to me that only the death dates are on the markers, not the birth dates.  Why do you think that is?

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 11:02:31 pm »
I think the post on that Find-A-Grave website is kind of strange.  It reads:  "Heath Ledger's family plot. Heath's ashes were scatter here as well as his family with markers. Heath's headstone marker will be set here."

Not written in a way that really make sense.  And wouldn't someone's ashes be buried  in a place like that, not scattered?

Don't mean to be all critical or anything, just saying . . .  ???

Offline Gabreya

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 11:53:01 pm »
Thanks for sharing.

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 07:35:23 pm »
I think the post on that Find-A-Grave website is kind of strange.  It reads:  "Heath Ledger's family plot. Heath's ashes were scatter here as well as his family with markers. Heath's headstone marker will be set here."

Not written in a way that really make sense.  And wouldn't someone's ashes be buried  in a place like that, not scattered?

Don't mean to be all critical or anything, just saying . . .  ???

They could well be buried, I would say that unless the person was there they are probably assuming they were scattered, or maybe they picked it up from Lureen by watching BBM a hundred times  ;D

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 07:36:26 pm »

Why do you think that is?

"I don't ever give it any thought"  ;)

(Wanna Dance?)

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 08:39:07 pm »

Thanks for posting this Truman.  It's surprising to me that only the death dates are on the markers, not the birth dates.  Why do you think that is?

Maybe its an Aussie thing.....Most plaques that I have seen here (that I can remember) have the date of death, then underneath, have the deceased age......

And I think they have probably been "scattered".....the usual thing if they are not scattered is for the urn or the ashes to be placed in a wall, and not buried in the ground.

Something else, the plot looks like it could do with some cleaning up. Doesnt look very tidy at all.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 10:17:32 pm »
Heath's grandmother Esma died a year before Matilda was born.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 11:57:47 pm »

It's a good question... it looks like the marker for Esma Ledger shows her birth year... 1928.  Maybe it simply comes down to personal wish or stipulation.  For the others they give their age... so maybe they just expect the visitor to subtract.

As to the question about the ashes being scattered vs. buried... most of my recent ancestors on my Dad's side (my Grandma, Grandpa and Step-Grandma) were all cremated and had their ashes scattered.  I don't think there's a marker anywhere for any of them.

But, just as what happened with Jack in BBM, sometimes ashes are divided so you can do more than one thing... i.e. bury half in Childress with a stone and send the other half up to Lightning Flat in the hopes they'll be scattered.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline RebelWithASmile

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love was the word that left my lips
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2008, 10:51:40 am »
i hate cremation. It disturbs me

but thanks for the picture
"He was very afraid of being hurt. He was afraid of opening up in case it was turned around and used against him."

Heaven holds a sense of wonder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0VVoScBd4k