Author Topic: Movies you've been watching  (Read 11538 times)

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Movies you've been watching
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2008, 04:46:34 am »
Yesterday I finally did it. I saw The Dark Knight. Maybe I should be posting this somewhere else but here I am. My daughter, 19 years, refused to see it with me. She thinks Batman movies is a load of crap..... :o My son, 14 on Saturday, is one year to young to watch it here in Sweden. So I went alone. It is not my favourite kind of movie but since I like to learn new things I thought I might discover a new, funny and exiting genre in movies.... :laugh: ;D

WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP!

Heath was OK, he seemed to have a lot of fun, Morgan Freeman as always excellent and also Michael Caine. But the rest...and the story....I actually fell asleep twice, never happaned before on an action film..... :(

I know I'm an old woman - 54 - but I didn't know I was that old.

Save your money, skip it if you haven't seen it already.

Next movie will be Mamma Mia. Not my genre either but maybe I discover a new, funny and exiting genre......I am a true optimist  ::) :laugh:

Berit
Ennis.....always Ennis.....

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2008, 04:54:50 am »
Yesterday I finally did it. I saw The Dark Knight. Maybe I should be posting this somewhere else but here I am. My daughter, 19 years, refused to see it with me. She thinks Batman movies is a load of crap..... :o My son, 14 on Saturday, is one year to young to watch it here in Sweden. So I went alone. It is not my favourite kind of movie but since I like to learn new things I thought I might discover a new, funny and exiting genre in movies.... :laugh: ;D

WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP!

Heath was OK, he seemed to have a lot of fun, Morgan Freeman as always excellent and also Michael Caine. But the rest...and the story....I actually fell asleep twice, never happaned before on an action film..... :(

I know I'm an old woman - 54 - but I didn't know I was that old.

Save your money, skip it if you haven't seen it already.

Next movie will be Mamma Mia. Not my genre either but maybe I discover a new, funny and exiting genre......I am a true optimist  ::) :laugh:

Berit

Berit! You're not old. Stop saying that!

I didn't really care for the Dark Knight either. I was like.... mmmyyaah... What ever. :-\

It was okay, but nothing to break out the champagne over. But I've never been a real Batman fan to begin with, so perhaps I'm not the best judge for this movie. :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2008, 06:01:22 am »
You know David, I have teenagers in the house....need I say more.....moms are ALWAYS old for a teenager....

I don't think that my son would like it and I know my hubby woudn't.

Mamma Mia might be better.... :laugh:

Berit
Ennis.....always Ennis.....

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2008, 10:39:58 am »
A typical "so bad it's good" movie on the "Sci-fi" channel movie called "Locusts - The 8th Plague".

A science lab has created a group of locusts that don't eat crops.  They are now carnivorous, and have been trained to eat other bugs that eat crops, eliminating the need for dangerous pesticides.

Of course, they escape from the lab, and start to eat livestock, and people. 

One memorable scene, an amusement park is attacked by the swarm, while people are strapped into rides, unable to escape.

Who thinks these things up?

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline RebelWithASmile

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love was the word that left my lips
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2008, 08:23:49 pm »
sci-fi movies are totally bad, but i've might of seen that one...and i think i liked it.

So i have to say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and The Color Purple are two of the most perfect movies ever made. Love Whoopi, love Jack, love both of these movies.

I watched a ton of movies, of course

Shine - one of the best performances of all time, Geoffrey Rush is just awesome
My Left Foot - one of my favorite movies! Another amazing performance in a very inspirational movie
Monster's Ball - such a lovely story. Very sad, but also pleasent, because the two leads seem like each other's guardian angel
The Red Shoes - i really liked this one, but i have to watch it again. I wasn't focused the whole time, and i think i missed some big parts
In Bruges - such a good movie! Possibly the best of 2008, that i've seen. Colin Farrell is awesome in this one-it is both sad and hilarious.
Mamma Mia - this one was just so entertaining and fun! Meryl was just so alive in this one.
Diary of the Dead - not bad at all, it had a good 'message'
Easy Rider - this one was true blue. Infuriating at the end but still pretty laid back
The King - another great Gael Garcia Bernal movie. Totally amusing
The Crime of Pedro Amaro - Gael once more. This was complex, tragic, and intriguing.
A Home at the end of the World - this one is strange, but i really like it-its sad, touching and i love friendship movies

i think there may be more

i think i'm missing some...
"He was very afraid of being hurt. He was afraid of opening up in case it was turned around and used against him."

Heaven holds a sense of wonder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0VVoScBd4k

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2008, 08:31:26 pm »
The only one of the bunch that I have seen is Mamma Mia, I loved it! Good to see you Pheonix!

Have you every seen Being There?

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BsiHydrT6U[/youtube]

"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."