Author Topic: Google Doodles  (Read 245328 times)

Offline mouk

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
Re: Google Doodles
« Reply #490 on: June 17, 2012, 09:36:22 am »
D'accord avec toi Roland, they could have done better for Fathers' Day. Here is the one for the Greek elections today:

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #491 on: June 17, 2012, 01:55:24 pm »
I think it's cute.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eib4MANVaZk[/youtube]

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #492 on: June 17, 2012, 02:12:16 pm »
At first I wasn't impressed, I only had the static image.  Today the video has started working for me, and now I think it's cute.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #493 on: June 17, 2012, 06:30:11 pm »
   I agree, it is not striking at all. 
   It looks almost like an afterthought done by an underling.  One who really didn't want to do it, because they were told to make something, at lunch the day before it had to go to press. It appears, that person didn't have much of a real relationship with their father either.  I do agree with Chuck however.  It is better when you see the entire video. 
   A fathersday Google should leave the "warm fuzzies."

Beautiful mind

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #494 on: June 22, 2012, 10:44:23 pm »

Alan Turing's 100th birthday

A functioning Turing machine, a representation of a computing device, is the latest Google doodle, which celebrates the birth of Alan Turing on 23 June, 1912.

A Turing machine is a device that manipulates symbols on a strip of tape according to a table of rules and was developed by the scientist in 1936.

Turing, the father of computing and artificial intelligence, is best known for his contribution to cracking the German Enigma secret codes with the creation of early computers such as the bombe.

The cracking of the code allowed the Allies to track German military and naval units and destroy them.

Before the war started, Turing had already made an impact on the theory that would pave the way for the construction of the first computers. In 1938 he received his PhD from Princeton in the US.

After the war, Turing worked at the National Physical Laboratory and the University of Manchester.

In 1942, Turing was found guilty of homosexuality. He agreed to be chemically castrated which entailed being given female hormones. Two years later he killed himself at the age of 41.

In 2009, the British prime minister, Gordon Brown, officially apologised for Turing's treatment, although he was not given a posthumous pardon.
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #495 on: June 22, 2012, 10:58:31 pm »

Alan Turing's 100th birthday

A functioning Turing machine, a representation of a computing device, is the latest Google doodle, which celebrates the birth of Alan Turing on 23 June, 1912.

A Turing machine is a device that manipulates symbols on a strip of tape according to a table of rules and was developed by the scientist in 1936.

Turing, the father of computing and artificial intelligence, is best known for his contribution to cracking the German Enigma secret codes with the creation of early computers such as the bombe.

The cracking of the code allowed the Allies to track German military and naval units and destroy them.

Before the war started, Turing had already made an impact on the theory that would pave the way for the construction of the first computers. In 1938 he received his PhD from Princeton in the US.

After the war, Turing worked at the National Physical Laboratory and the University of Manchester.

In 1942, Turing was found guilty of homosexuality. He agreed to be chemically castrated which entailed being given female hormones. Two years later he killed himself at the age of 41.

In 2009, the British prime minister, Gordon Brown, officially apologised for Turing's treatment, although he was not given a posthumous pardon.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=84pbZSt_a9k[/youtube]
Published on Jun 22, 2012 by tagSeoBlog

Alan Turing was born 100 years ago. Google celebrates "the father of computer science and artificial intelligence" with an interactive "intelligence test doodle". It's a kind of "Turing machine".

I have to think some minutes before I checked how it works. Here are the results of the 6 tasks. When you did it correct one more Google logo char is filled with color.

Very nice doodle - but it takes some time :-)

Please give it a * Thumb UP * if you like.

More about the tragic live of Alan Turing: http://www.turing.org.uk/turing/
More about the Turing-Doodle: http://www.tagseoblog.de/binaeres-raetsel-doodle-fur-alan-turing-inkl-loesungen (german)

Music: "Cut Trance" by Kevin MacLeod

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #496 on: June 23, 2012, 05:54:16 pm »
Okay, that test is completely beyond my ken.  ???

I'm reading a book right now that takes place in 2312, and they're still using the Turing test to figure out if someone who looks human is really an android.  :)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #497 on: June 24, 2012, 09:13:42 am »
Okay, that test is completely beyond my ken.  ???

It's beyond me, too. I managed to get till the last letter in Google, without knowing what I'm doing. I kept clicking on the buttons like a monkey, with no idea why, and it led me to the "e".

I'm reading a book right now that takes place in 2312, and they're still using the Turing test to figure out if someone who looks human is really an android.  :)

At least now I know I'm human. :laugh:

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #498 on: June 24, 2012, 05:58:54 pm »

Well I don't have the foggiest notion of what I did.  i got the whole thing to come up.  But for the life of me, I don't know why.?????  Maybe it is just to see if you can follow instructions?

Beautiful mind

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #499 on: July 01, 2012, 01:58:13 am »

Canada Day 2012

The crown is particularly offensive to the french quarter of the country, but we're no longer relevant in this 'Conservatives' controlled world.

Quite possibly the worst google doodle ever.

(and yes, the French Google has the same doodle today)  >:(
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer