Author Topic: Facial Expressions  (Read 2278 times)

Offline Gabreya

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Facial Expressions
« on: August 17, 2008, 03:31:16 am »
Okay, I'm gonna spit it out.

There's something I want to address about in the First Tent/Sex Scene. Is it my imagination did the facial expressions on both guys' face said a lot about what was going on with them during that situation? I know that it was dark but I could still SEE their faces and could make out how they were. Sorry, it's just that I can read people's expressions on their faces sometimes. But, for these guys, it seems like there was a lot of longing in their eyes.

What do you guys think?

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Re: Facial Expressions
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 06:21:19 pm »
Not sure exactly what you mean here, whether you mean as actors playing the part, or the actual characters living the part.

But I would assume that as actors making a scene like that, would have caused a lot of anxiety, cautiousness, urgency, and fear of the unknown

Just as the characters, Jack and Ennis too, were feeling the same anxiety, cautiousness, urgency and fear of the unknown.......
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 06:54:10 pm »
I think what we see is an exceptionally well acted scene. We the audience are taken by surprise as much as Ennis and then Jack.

It was for me one of the most realistic depictions of the sort of pure lust that overtakes every sense and is accompanied by overwhelming urgency.
Once unleashed there can be no going back, the conclusion is ineveitable.I can still remember my heart racing faster when I saw it for the 1st time.
I do not think of it in terms of Heath and Jake, it is Ennis and Jack and the unleashing of a sexual attraction which has been simmering for some time.

Offline Gabreya

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 11:53:48 pm »
I'm sorry that my question is a bit confusing and kinda odd. It's just what I'm saying is that the faces, even when it's dark and blue in the tent, were almost saying what their minds were probably saying. For example, Jack's face seemed a bit desperate and longing when he first made the move on Ennis. And Ennis face was at first like shocked and surprised that he didn't know what to do at first because up until that point, he had never done anything like that before in his life. I read facial expressions very well, that's all.
Then, when he took off his coat, from where I was looking at, he seemed to go from hopingly desperate to complete lust that there was nothing that was gonna stop him from being with Ennis. And it's like you guys say, that scene was one of the most important scenes out of the movie. It showed the first time Ennis and Jack had ever got together in a very sexual, intimate way.

The scene was very well acted, yes. Heath and Jake both did a very convincing job and very BRAVE, too.

Again, sorry for the misunderstanding you guys.

(NOTE:I may be here on some days but others I probably won't because of stupid school but still. Bare with me.)