Author Topic: Importance of the Jimbo Scene  (Read 48203 times)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Importance of the Jimbo Scene
« Reply #90 on: October 14, 2008, 02:01:24 pm »
Merci atz !

I just read your post, which somehow illustrates, to me, the reasons, why that bartendar was suggesting or telling Jack to become a         paedophile            !

Of course, that is like a secret code ? !

Au revoir,
hugs!

My post above was simply about the differences between calf-roping and bull riding, which Mandy asked about. 

I don't believe my observations feed into any such discussion about the bartender or "secret codes" etc.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #91 on: October 14, 2008, 03:48:40 pm »
Putting on my moderator hat on for a moment:

Discussions back and forth about pedophilia are not on topic on this thread. If anyone wants to discuss the Jimbo scene in regard to pedolphilia, please open another thread for it.

Thank you kindly!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #92 on: October 14, 2008, 03:54:04 pm »
*Taking off the mod hat and back to the topic at hand*

I am pretty well in agreement with that. I always thought the bar tender was having a sly dig at Jack. Presumably knowing all the time he did not have the money, to do as suggested.It seems doubly cruel to me, as he is at the same time insinuating that Jack is both poor and a poor rodeo rider too.

Yup. I just remembered the bartender's nod and look after Jack says his sentence about not being able to affort a roping horse. As if he wanted to say "sure enough" in a really sarcastic tone.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #93 on: October 14, 2008, 04:03:35 pm »
Now that you point it out, friends, it seems to me that the bartender, the farmers, Jimbo, L.D. and the calf ropers all look at Jack with a mixture of scorn and envy. The most sympathetic person, the other bartender, is only that way because Jack asks about Lureen, which is what a young man in a bar is supposed to do. He's following the script at that point, which is reinforced by the Texans.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Artiste

« Reply #94 on: October 14, 2008, 04:15:00 pm »
"Penthesilea":

So what if the subject of Pedophilia I repeat on the thread Jimbo Scene, is that since it may be that that the bartender talks about asking that jack becomes one !

Those who are offended should tell me so. Otherwise, they are hypocrites!

When I see many subjects repeated who offend me, I do not go and report it always; either I skip that, or try to understand their point of you.

So who are those which reported? Give me their names of each! That is the ONLY honest way!

Where is my freedom and freedom of others??  The Bettermost site is in the USA, so why are you letting anti-freedom dominate you and the site?

Awaiting you replies,

au revoir,
hugs!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #95 on: October 14, 2008, 04:23:59 pm »
Friend Artiste, You brought up the question of whether the bartender might be suggesting to Jack that he pursue children rather than Jimbo, and several people responded that they did not think that was what the scene implied. Now, we would like to go on to discussing other possible meanings of that scene. If you want to discuss pedophilia more, please start a new topic. You are welcome to continue discussing other aspects of the Jimbo scene, but we do not want to discuss pedophilia here any longer. Thank you.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #96 on: October 14, 2008, 04:30:41 pm »
Friend Artiste, You brought up the question of whether the bartender might be suggesting to Jack that he pursue children rather than Jimbo, and several people responded that they did not think that was what the scene implied. Now, we would like to go on to discussing other possible meanings of that scene. If you want to discuss pedophilia more, please start a new topic. You are welcome to continue discussing other aspects of the Jimbo scene, but we do not want to discuss pedophilia here any longer. Thank you.

What Front-Ranger said.

This thread is also not the place to discuss my decision. You are free to disagree with it and to discuss my decision - but not on this thread. Please take it either to PMs or open a thread in a fitting forum (I suggest your blog area).

Offline Artiste

« Reply #97 on: October 14, 2008, 04:33:44 pm »
Then take off what I find offensive too!

Will you?

Offline Artiste

« Reply #98 on: October 14, 2008, 04:35:12 pm »
Did you ever think about it Lucise?

To me, it is a valid subject can that be entertained, looked at, at least a bit!

Do you have trouble with it?

Au revoir...

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #99 on: October 14, 2008, 04:43:22 pm »
To me, it is a valid subject can that be entertained, looked at, at least a bit!

Do you have trouble with it?

I don't have trouble with it. You are free to discuss it - here on BetterMost, but not on this thread.

I hope this is the last post about this topic. Otherwise I might consider closing the thread for a few hours.