Author Topic: Imaginarium actors Johnny, Jude, and Colin, giving to Matilda  (Read 3734 times)

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Imaginarium actors Johnny, Jude, and Colin, giving to Matilda
« on: August 19, 2008, 02:29:27 pm »
PerezHilton.com

Touching Tribute
Filed under: Heath Ledger > Colin Farrell > Jude Law

This brought a tear to our eye and softened our callous heart!

According to the UK's The Sun, the three Hollywood stars who completed Heath Ledger's final film role have donated their pay to his two-year-old daughter, Matilda.

Johnny Depp, Jude Law and Colin Farrell were worried for Matilda’s future as Heath left an old will which did not include the little one.

Heath's dad, Kim Ledger, is in control of Heath's estate. Family members have said they're concerned that daddy will mismanage the actor's money.

The three played versions of Heath's character, Tim, in fantasy epic The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus.

Film director Terry Gilliam said, “They didn’t take money — it goes to Heath’s daughter. That’s extraordinary! And wonderful . . . and when you’re part of that, you think, ‘Ah, this is maybe why I went into the movies in the beginning. I thought it would be full of wonderful people. And we’ve got a movie full of wonderful people who did extraordinary things to help.”

Johnny Depp is a father of two, Jude Law has four and Colin Farrel has a son.

We love it. Dads looking out for one another!

[Image via Buzz Foto.]

Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: Imaginarium actors Johnny, Jude, and Colin, giving to Matilda
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 05:35:09 pm »
so nice!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline optom3

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 09:05:32 am »
For a field which can so often be full of arrogant and self important people,it makes such a refreshing change to read of simple acts of generosity. I like to think that it was because Heath wa so down to earth and although immensely talented, still the same ordinary bloke, he was when he left Australia.
I remember one interview after Knights tale, when he said, he had not changed it was the people around him.
Looking back to the relatively inconspicuous life he led in New York, I tend to think that was true.
I still miss him and that photo where Matilda is hanging on to one of his legs is so difficult to see.It is obvious form what the actors who worked with him said that he just simply adored her.
I hope Michelle has kept all the articles so that when she is older, she knows how terribly much she was loved.

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 01:34:17 pm »
One of the newspaper reports I read referred to Johnny Depp, Jude Law, and Colin Farrell as Matilda's "white knights."  :)

Offline optom3

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 06:03:27 pm »
One of the newspaper reports I read referred to Johnny Depp, Jude Law, and Colin Farrell as Matilda's "white knights."  :)

They are all also pretty easy on the eye.In fact I used to think Heath was a bit like Depp,taking on unusual roles, and shying away from publicity.