Author Topic: Re: Baptist Leader Suggests Treating Babies to Prevent Homosexuality  (Read 2050 times)

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Dr. Jack Drescher, a New York City psychiatrist critical of those who consider homosexuality a disorder, commended Mohler's openness to the prospect that it is biologically based.

"This represents a major shift," Drescher said. "This is a man who actually has an open mind, who is struggling to reconcile his religious beliefs with facts that contradict it."

The worse part of it all, IMO, is the above quote. Open minded? I wonder what drug  Dr. Drescher was on when he made that comment? He's as bad as Mohler.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Baptist Leader Suggests Treating Babies to Prevent Homosexuality
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 10:09:41 pm »
Dr. Jack Drescher, a New York City psychiatrist critical of those who consider homosexuality a disorder, commended Mohler's openness to the prospect that it is biologically based.

"This represents a major shift," Drescher said. "This is a man who actually has an open mind, who is struggling to reconcile his religious beliefs with facts that contradict it."

WTF?  He commends the guy?  A guy who, findiing something in human nature normal and natural and not hurtful in anyway that goes contrary to his religious beliefs, promptly tries to chain it, strangle it or forbid it outright and in this case - prevent a natural occurence from even happening.  He's not reconciling anything.  He's trying to make the world fit into his narrow little religious world.  He's trying to practice religious eugenics.   >:( >:( >:( 

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 08:38:43 pm »
Maybe Dr Dresler mother's could have had a special discount on the current pet rat food so he would not have been as bad as he is to-day?

The idiot is idiot, malicicious, anti-human!!

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2008, 11:15:48 am »
Obviously, he is sick just like the present Pope and others who do not accept gays!
I pray and hope that they will accept all as they are: babies born and those which will on Earth![/color]

I am a gay man and accept others of all faiths and non-religious, and all orientations,
since I beleive in God and Humanity,
as kindness is beauty for all humans!

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline RossInIllinois

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 08:31:19 pm »
LOL!  yea once he finishes his treatments for making such foolish statements. poor Man.