Author Topic: BBM changed my sons' prejudice !!!!  (Read 5429 times)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: BBM changed my sons' prejudice !!!!
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2008, 05:15:28 pm »
It would be a lot better if the schools here, would include gay love in their sex education lessons.There is a really good book available in England.If I can find it I will post the title.
The most important thing is to educate teens.So the homophobia starts to lessen, but also so that some one who thinks they may be gay, does not have to end up having a breakdown, before they dare come out.
Teen years are bad enough without feeling you are some sort of freak, who may well end up having the sh1t beaten out of them.

Offline Gabreya

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2008, 11:08:15 pm »
Yeah, optom. Believe me, I know. I always felt like a bit of a freak as a teen girl, especially since I was little.

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2008, 12:05:56 am »
Yeah, optom. Believe me, I know. I always felt like a bit of a freak as a teen girl, especially since I was little.

That is so sad.I am still pretty small at 5ft 2ins, but because I was quite pretty. I got the boys so my teen years from that aspect were O.K.

What I hate so much is what gay people have to go through, why is their love any less valid than hetero. I so wish people would either be nice to each other or shut the f--k up. I know it's a bit airy fairy, but how difficult can it be.