Author Topic: TOTW 23/08: Jack, his mother and The Shirts  (Read 23495 times)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: TOTW 23/08: Jack, his mother and The Shirts
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2009, 10:23:34 pm »
Amanda- I totally missed the blue and tan jackets hanging up in Aguirre's trailer. Thanks for the pic. No matter how many times I have watched the movie, it still amazes me when new things are discovered.

Thanks Deb.  Yep, sure enough there are always amazing new revelations it seems. :)  There are lots of interesting moments of Ennis and Jack rustling in closets and coat racks prominently included in various scenes.  I mean, even when Jack is introduced to Alma after the reunion kiss, Ennis and Jack are standing in front of a big coat rack.   And, that coat rack in Aguirre's office when Jack comes back looking for another job always caught my eye for the specific use of the blue and tan (so evocative of Jack and Ennis). I think there's probably a lot to analyze in some of the different coat rack/ closet details.

Anyway... I have another question about his particular shot of Ma Twist and Ennis... what is that object hanging on the wall behind Ma Twist near the door???  Does anyone know?  I've always wondered about that.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie