Author Topic: Now It's Too Darned Hot...  (Read 13366 times)

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
Re: Now It's Too Darned Hot...
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2006, 06:53:40 pm »
I'll be more than happy to  send you some of this hot Indiana weather if you want some.   ;)

Well actually YES please  :). I'd have a good excuse too for not doing so much housework because, well, it is too darned hot for housework now, isn't it?  :D Do you get such hot weather in Indiana all year round?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 10:33:43 am by isabelle »
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2006, 08:35:18 pm »
Well actually YES please  :). I'd have a good excuse too for not doing so much housework because, well, it is too darn hot for housework now, isn't it?  :D Do you get such hot weather in Indiana all year round?

Only six months out of the year. During the other 6 months we are buried up to our necks in snow and ice.  :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2006, 10:25:45 pm »
HOLY CRAP, IT'S HOT!

I came over to this board to start a thread and there's already one goin. I don't have an air conditioner, and in my little NYC apt it's like, 95 degrees, with the window fan on full blast. I just cracked open an ice cold beer I'd been saving for this kind of circumstance, so at least I got that goin for me.

You just can't do too much when it's like this. I'm supposed to be studying for a test I have this week, but I dunno....might have to scrap that plan. Here's a pic to help cool us all down...

ahhh, a little snow bathing sounds good right now.
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2006, 01:28:46 am »
HOLY CRAP, IT'S HOT!

Wow! I can't even imagine how good that would feel right now!

That really makes me pine for winter.... and I HATE winter.   :)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2006, 03:22:27 am »
HOLY CRAP, IT'S HOT!

I came over to this board to start a thread and there's already one goin. I don't have an air conditioner, and in my little NYC apt it's like, 95 degrees, with the window fan on full blast. I just cracked open an ice cold beer I'd been saving for this kind of circumstance, so at least I got that goin for me.

Jenny, you don't have air conditioning? Oh my God. You poor thing!  :'(

Oh Lord! You should go over to Bestbuy or Target and at least pick up a window unit. How do you sleep at night in this heat? I remember in college during my first year,  I had a window air conditioner in my apartment. It stopped working during a late summer heat wave, and I slept in the bathtub until the maintenance got it working again. I can't sleep at night if I am hot. I feel so bad for you Jenny. They say the heat will be breaking later this week after some storms roll through (at least this is what they are telling us here in Indianapolis).

God. You poor baby!  :(

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2006, 09:54:52 am »
I can't sleep at night if I am hot. I feel so bad for you Jenny. They say the heat will be breaking later this week after some storms roll through (at least this is what they are telling us here in Indianapolis).

David, you're so sweet. Judging from when you wrote this, it looks like you can't sleep at night even when you aren't hot!  ;D

I actually can sleep relatively well for some reason in the heat, but I just can't get a lot done at home. If it keeps going like this, I may get a window unit, but I've lived through a few NC summers without any AC. You get used to it. Sticking your head in the freezer for a few cold breaths of air also feels great. And, I work in an air conditioned building all day, so that really helps. If it were an all day thing, I'd go crazy. Thanks for your concern though! :D

Jenny
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2006, 03:46:18 pm »
For all of you who thought it was too darn hot in the past - this morning, the temperature outside was in the 80's before the sun came up

It's reaching high 90's (36C) this afternoon, and with the humidity factor - they're saying 116F (46C) and this is Toronto, for %$@^* Sake!

Time for another cold shower, I guess
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2006, 03:54:08 pm »
I've been taking cold showers and just looking blankly at my towel, which I no longer use.  I just shake off and streak to the fan and get blow-dried.

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2006, 04:02:23 pm »
No much better here in Hartford.  Or should I call it HOTford!

Today it peaked at 99* F.    Tomorrow they are saying expect 101* F.

I went out at 2pm to wash the PT and had to keep wetting down the driveway because it was too hot on my feet!  LOL.   And by the time I was done wiping the car off, which I had to do quickly as the heat was drying it faster, I had to go in and take another cold shower.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2006, 04:08:26 pm »
This is one of those freakish summer days in South Florida in which it is actually five-ten degrees cooler than all the hottest places in the country.  We've had some lovely east winds over the last few days that have kept our usually ferocious heat down to a dull roar.  Right now, weather.com says our temp is 89F, wind is ENE at 14 mph, and humidity is a very dry (for us) 59%.  I think we've been in a "high pressure ridge" which is about to change.  And when it does, let the instantaneous sweating upon stepping outdoors begin.  Again.

David, I washed the 4-Runner on Sunday.  And even though I kept misting my face and hair with the cold water from the hose and went in and took a cold shower afterwards, my face was still tomato red from the heat for about the next hour.   :P
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 04:10:41 pm by ednbarby »
No more beans!