Author Topic: Sarah Palin- John McCain's Pick For VP - Is Homophobic  (Read 35501 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Sarah Palin- John McCain's Pick For VP - Is Homophobic
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2008, 02:37:41 am »
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ok then I will be looking forward to seeing them!

now I gotta go to bed or tomorrow I will be WORTHLESS...

good night kids!

Good night Jess! Sleep tight sweetie! :-*

And don't let that mean old hurricane Gustav torment you too much, you hear me?
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2008, 02:46:24 am »

Pssstttt.....David, tell injest that I'm almost 50, and that tiny print will KILL my eyes!  lolol...

I have pics of them all.  I'll have to figure out how to do such here.   ;D

Edit to add:  Also WHERE to do it, on this humongous site!   ???

Here's a good thread to post animal pictures...

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,11451.260.html

Or you can post them in my photography thread! :D

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,16098.740.html

If you have any trouble uploading your animal pics, just let me or any moderator know!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2008, 09:55:20 am »
Heya David,

I just discovered this thread.  And, I sympathize with your worry about Palin.  Most of what she stands for (as far as I know so far) really scares me too.

I think Pallin (sp?) is a great choice!  She's so unknown, inexperienced, anti-everything, even to the point of forcing women to go through pregnancies of incest and rape, so anti-science, et cetera, she's going to turn off many, many people.  Just because she's a woman doesn't mean all of us women will vote for this "beauty queen"!  ACK.

And, Viper, I really agree with this too.  As a Hillary supporter, I'm really offended by the McCain campaign's seeming idea that women will blindly turn to another woman candidate simply because she's female.  The fact that Hillary and Sarah hold such opposite opinions on nearly everything is just so worrisome.  And, I bet that Hillary is appalled that her name/ efforts in her own campaign could be twisted and used by the McCain campaign... but for diametrically opposite ideological concerns for which Hillary stands for.
:(

The nomination of Palin, I'm sure is firing up a lot of Democrats to become more adamant in their support of Obama.  That's what happened to me.  Ever since the end of the primary, I've been certain that I'd vote for Obama.  But, I was very passive in my support and not super enthusiastic about the election.  Now, I'm at a stage of concern where I'm seriously considering doing something to volunteer for the Obama campaign.  Palin scares me that much.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline viper

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2008, 10:01:21 pm »
Heya David,

I just discovered this thread.  And, I sympathize with your worry about Palin.  Most of what she stands for (as far as I know so far) really scares me too.

And, Viper, I really agree with this too.  As a Hillary supporter, I'm really offended by the McCain campaign's seeming idea that women will blindly turn to another woman candidate simply because she's female.  The fact that Hillary and Sarah hold such opposite opinions on nearly everything is just so worrisome.  And, I bet that Hillary is appalled that her name/ efforts in her own campaign could be twisted and used by the McCain campaign... but for diametrically opposite ideological concerns for which Hillary stands for.
:(

The nomination of Palin, I'm sure is firing up a lot of Democrats to become more adamant in their support of Obama.  That's what happened to me.  Ever since the end of the primary, I've been certain that I'd vote for Obama.  But, I was very passive in my support and not super enthusiastic about the election.  Now, I'm at a stage of concern where I'm seriously considering doing something to volunteer for the Obama campaign.  Palin scares me that much.

Good, get involved.

If for nothing else but the supreme court appointees, we can't afford the likes of McCain/Palin. 
Personally, I'd like to see this country move FORWARDS, not backwards, especially where personal rights are concerned.

jmo...

Vi

injest

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2008, 10:14:26 pm »

Good, get involved.

If for nothing else but the supreme court appointees, we can't afford the likes of McCain/Palin. 
Personally, I'd like to see this country move FORWARDS, not backwards, especially where personal rights are concerned.

jmo...

Vi

you DO realize that Congress has to approve Supreme Court justices? and McCain has a reputation for being more than willing to work with the Democrats. I am not worried about the Supreme Court.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2008, 10:31:17 pm »

Good, get involved.

jmo...

Vi

:)

I've started looking into it (trying to navigate the sea of Obama websites and to find out how things are organized here in Pittsburgh... being in PA we sure do get a lot of attention from both campaigns).  I think it would be fun to work for the Obama campaign somehow a little bit too.  I've never done anything like join a campaign officially before.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2008, 12:27:51 am »
you DO realize that Congress has to approve Supreme Court justices? and McCain has a reputation for being more than willing to work with the Democrats. I am not worried about the Supreme Court.

Yes, we realize it Jess. But we also remember the Court justices appointed during President Bush's reign. It seems often times Congress is willing to side with the choice of the President rather than going through the whole rigamaroll of not approving him or her and then quarreling with the president about it. I think they figure it's just easier to go ahead and put them on through. They'd probably lose in the long run anyhow. :-\

It doesn't always turn out that way, but it seems to happen often enough.

injest

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2008, 12:30:14 am »
they are saying this next Congress will be so Democrat that they will be filibuster proof. That is a good sign for getting legislation passed!

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2008, 01:41:20 pm »
To paraphrase a line from one of my favorite movies....

"Because queers don't matter. Queer's don't love. And those that do DESERVE WHAT THEY GET!!"

That's the exact quote David, from Torch Song Trilogy.  That play/movie changed my life....
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....

Offline viper

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2008, 11:43:35 pm »

I'm glad you aren't worried .

I am.

Call me a crazy leftist (although I'm not really, in fact, quite conservative in some ways), but I've seen such things in elections the last decade I'd have sworn could never happen here, including fraud in our presidential elections, including a judgement from the supreme court, out of their jurisdiction
I'm a cynic I guess. 
I don't need more justices on the supreme court who erode our constitution, personal/civil liberties and rights. 

jmo.

;)