Author Topic: An Intro for the Tremblay Folks...  (Read 5577 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
An Intro for the Tremblay Folks...
« on: March 30, 2006, 05:37:09 pm »
Just a quick outline of BetterMost for those who are new to the site.

There are four main sections of the site:

1) The home page, which is made up of read-only articles, some links, and other features.  I try and do updates there regularly, but have been a bit behind this past week or so.  That is the entry point for most people to the site: http://www.bettermost.net

2) The Brokeback Mountain Radio section, which is a streaming radio service with music from and inspired by Brokeback Mountain.  It is hosted on live365 but linked here on the upper right hand corner of your screen.  Playlist updates normally occur every week or so - the music does evolve over time.

3) The Brokeback Mountain discussion section which is made up of Movie Resources, an open forum, and now this forum.  It's for and about the film itself.

4) The Beyond Brokeback Mountain discussion section which has a forum for people contemplating life changes because of the film, as well as dealing with the emotional impact of it and how to get beyond it, a forum specifically for gay people coping with issues affecting them, a personal diary/blog forum which each user can use to start his/her own thread to talk about anything on their mind that day, and a forum strictly for women.

New forums are started based on someone offering an idea to start one.  That's basically all it takes.  This site will evolve based on what users want far more than what I want.  The site was started by me, in part, for my own therapy and coping with the film and how it has provoked me into making changes and doing something new in my own life.  The only important rule is simply no personal attacks.  We are all part of a family that shares one thing in common - we were all affected by this film.  Now it's time for all of us to support one another, get to know each other, and help finish the story in each of our own lives.

Ideas, suggestions, input and participation are always welcomed!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 05:39:58 pm by Phillip »
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
Re: An Intro for the Tremblay Folks...
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 05:50:35 pm »
I broke this forum out from under the Open discussions forum just to make it stand out a little more easily for people.  I think it looks a little better now.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 05:53:07 pm »
Phillip,
It was very easy to navigate to the Tremblay section. Thank you
The Knights of Tremblar shall ride again!   ;)
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 06:05:27 pm »
G*d Phil - Thank you again.  Thanks for the changes and the intro and everything else.  We owe ya big!
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 06:51:45 pm »
Thanks, Philip, you really are a wonderful person! Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline littledarlin

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • darlin=andrew, guitar=mandy
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 07:50:34 pm »
Phil, thank you so much for doing this for us!  I think I speak for many of us when I say YOU'RE MY HERO!

If there's anything we can do in return, whether it's donations or help or clicking ads, anything, just let us know! 

I've been on here for about 20 seconds and I already love it more than IMDB.   ;D
We can hug on November, caress and nice oak.

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 03:09:52 am »
Sorry to dig up these old threads, but I just got here! I just want to add my thanks Phil, this is so great! I love it here!  :D

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 03:14:45 am »
Dig away Court - we've posted an astonishing amount in just over 12 hours, so folks are missing lots of what's going up.
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2006, 03:52:41 am »
I want to emphasize my thanks again, Phil! This place is friggin' awesome!!! :-*

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2006, 03:56:44 am »
Phillip, thank you for carving out a space for us. your forum is great. I'm inspired to venture out and meet people in the other sections too.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.