Author Topic: Kate, Kate, Kate!  (Read 14061 times)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Kate, Kate, Kate!
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2009, 11:22:28 pm »
Congrats to Kate and to all of Steeler Nation tonight!   :D :D :D

[Here in Pittsburgh from inside my apartment, I can hear crowds cheering out in the street and people honking their horns!]

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2010, 04:23:02 pm »
Wow, look at all the missing photos on this thread!  Sad!  Something mysterious happened a while back so that most of my old divshare codes no longer work correctly on BetterMost... so many of the pics I posted have vanished.  And, it looks like a lot of red Xs in other folks' posts too.

I'm going to be away most of the weekend, but I'm definitely going to make it a project to come back and fix the images from my old posts on this thread.

This thread definitely needs to be revitalized... especially with all the attention now focused on Rooney Mara.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2010, 07:05:37 am »
Rooney Mara?

Ah did a google.. I didn't know her sister was an also an actress who seems to have suddenly got a huge part in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2010, 10:09:07 pm »
I just finished watching the 2010 version of "Nightmare on Elm Street".  I am a huge movie buff, especially scary ones, and this one actually did justice as a remake (NOT a sequel) to the original that I first saw in college in 1984.

Rooney had the lead actress role.  She was very believable and authentic in her terror.  Some of these remakes can be quite hokey and stupid and ridiculous.  But on this one, I literally screamed out loud around 10 times.  You see things through the eyes of Rooney's character, and DAY-UM, that girl brought it home.

Was like watching Kate, except the brunette version, and one that was infinitely wiser about the world.  But not sinister in the slightest bit.

Undeniably Kate's sis -- what a talented twosome.  Can't wait to the Dragon Tattoo.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2011, 04:22:19 pm »
 We went to see the James Franco movie, 127 hours.  By the way it was superb, beyond all my expectations.  I love him, not only for his obvious attributes of, looks
and having a smile that is the only one that I think can rival Jake's.   But I think he
is truly our most brilliant and talented man in the country.  Not just this country, but
probably the whole world.  I get the idea, that the only reason he is in movies, is
so he has the money to go to school.  He just graduated Harvard, with his third
Doctorate.  He is A graduate of not only Harvard but Columbia, and a couple of other prestigious schools, which escape me just now.
   But after all that it brings me to the Brokeback connection, which I thought would be an interesting tidbit for those of you who follow Kate Mara.  She had a small part in the movie as well.  Along with Amber Tamblyn.  They played the two girls that he ran into on his outward hike.  It was before the entrapment happened. 
   For those of you who are up for those kind of movies.  It doesn't bother me.  My hubby had to take a powder and go to another one in the Cinaplex, because he was
a bit queezed out thinking of what was to come.  He is a cissy when it comes to blood, etc.  Truth be told however, it was not so gruesome really.  It showed very little of the actual act of removing the arm.  I was more about how he made the decision, and how he passed the time making that decision.  I have seen that real
man, on a television show, and I was in such admiration for his ability to do that kind of thing to save his life.  It is truly amazing.  I admire him so very immensely and,
the movie helped me even more to see the amount of sorrow he went through and the determination he had, in order to make that decision.  He had to actually grieve for the loss of his hand and arm that he lost.  The fact that he had to get back to civilization after having taken his arm off, was almost as difficult as the act itself.  If you are up to those kinds of things, I totally recommend it.  100%  And for those that have not seen The Kings Speech, that also is on my top two list.  The Black Swan being one of the top three as well....There have been a multitude of great movies this year.  Most of them, having been chosen would not be a bad choice.

Beautiful mind