Author Topic: The Last Time You Watched Brokeback Mountain?  (Read 16147 times)

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: The Last Time You Watched Brokeback Mountain?
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2008, 02:13:55 pm »
Yesterday, at Fiona's home in Sarasota, where I'm visiting.  We had a mid-afternoon slumber party on her 10-year-old daughter's bed, vodka and juice and tissues in hand.  Hugs and tears and more hugs.  A 42-year-old woman from Missouri and a 49-year-old woman from England, sitting on a wee bed with Hello Kitty sheets and duvet on it.  And I'm not sure either of us had ever been happier watching a movie with another someone.

Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2008, 02:52:13 pm »
Awww, that sounds like such fun!  :)

Specially the Hello kitty sheets  :laugh:

Had any of you seen the movie in company of other brokies?
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2008, 07:50:32 pm »
Yesterday, at Fiona's home in Sarasota, where I'm visiting.  We had a mid-afternoon slumber party on her 10-year-old daughter's bed, vodka and juice and tissues in hand.  Hugs and tears and more hugs.  A 42-year-old woman from Missouri and a 49-year-old woman from England, sitting on a wee bed with Hello Kitty sheets and duvet on it.  And I'm not sure either of us had ever been happier watching a movie with another someone.

Now that would be the absolute best way I could imagine watching BBM.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2008, 08:41:56 am »
I last watched it with the friend who first introduced it to me.  He had seen a sneak preview in November 2005, prior to the release.  His advice was not to read the story first.  So, I was a complete BBM virgin, not knowing what would happen.  Thanks, friend.

Now when I watch it, I have an added layer:  I've been to so many of those places in Alberta!  I can hardly suppress the desire to say, "I was there, and there, and there, and that place looks just like that, that place is changed, etc." 

I always cry at the Lake Scene, but what struck me recently was a very strong, involuntary reaction to seeing Jack's beating.  Now I find that the hardest thing, I think because I know  Jack; I just can't watch a friend being beaten.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2008, 01:13:41 pm »
Great insights, fabienne and katie! I'm just stumbling upon them now!

What beautiful memories, mandy and paul. More, please!

I have probably watched the movie most times by myself. I have also watched it with a big group of Brokies several times. The most memorable was February 9 of this year, as we gathered at a downtown Denver church to pay our respects to the departed Heath Ledger and Jackie Pasquarella. I will also remember mid-September 2007 at the Castro Theater forever and ever.

Then, there are the viewings with just one other Brokie. I've just had two of those, with Amanda, and with EDelMar. Coincidentally, both of those viewings were in Ten Sleep, Wyoming, just south of Brokenback Mountain. And both times were on my computer!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2008, 02:29:03 pm »
Today!

Or scenes from it anyway. I watched their last fight over and over again. Paused...watched it again...paused...zoomed...paused....

Often I just get this urge to see one particular scene and then watch it over and over

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2008, 05:15:24 am »
I watched it dozens of times from Dec 2005 to maybe Dec 2006 or so.  The last time I watched it was June 2008 with Lynne and atz75, in my bedroom.  Near that time I also watched it in a movie theater with Mr. Meno, Lynne and sfericsf.  Before that, it was May 2007 in Estes Park, Colorado, in a living room with (I know I'll miss some wonderful people, please excuse me) LauraGigs, Toycoon, seriouscrayons, Lynne, and atz75.

Update:  Talk about repeating myself - I basically posted this exact info on Oct 16 of this year, in this thread.  Sheesh.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2008, 04:02:30 pm »
Hmmmm......

I think the last time was Los Angelas in August.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • There ain't never enough time...
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2008, 05:48:31 pm »
My last time was the EuroBrokie gathering in August...though most embarrassingly I fell asleep during it! *blush*

I'll probably watch it again over the Christmas holidays when there's not much else going on.

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2008, 06:18:35 pm »
How about Jake's birthday on Friday, everyone? Wouldn't that be a good time to watch the movie again?!

"chewing gum and duct tape"