Author Topic: Favorite kind of cake?  (Read 11132 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: Favorite kind of cake?
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 02:11:26 pm »
I voted for basic chocolate, but, I don't think there is anything on that list I wouldn't like - it just depends on my mood.  I do like buttercream frosting on cake, too.  I love lemon in any form so lemon cake is another favorite and I like the sound of the 7 Up cake - I've heard of it, but never had it. 

You can never go wrong with an ice cream cake!  I've made them a couple times myself. 

Orange Creamsicle cakes are really good too! Mom used to make those for my birthday when I was little.

And Hostess used to make orange flavored cupcakes! Remember those? They were very good too. :D

Oh, I love creamsicles, David!  I'll have to look up an orange creamsicle cake recipe.  I remember seeing those orange Hostess cupcakes, too, but never tried one. 

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 02:25:24 pm »
I voted for red velvet cake, but I like most cakes.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 02:36:16 pm »
I voted for basic chocolate, but, I don't think there is anything on that list I wouldn't like - it just depends on my mood.  I do like buttercream frosting on cake, too.  I love lemon in any form so lemon cake is another favorite and I like the sound of the 7 Up cake - I've heard of it, but never had it. 

You can never go wrong with an ice cream cake!  I've made them a couple times myself. 

Oh, I love creamsicles, David!  I'll have to look up an orange creamsicle cake recipe.  I remember seeing those orange Hostess cupcakes, too, but never tried one. 

Marie

I like all of those cakes up there too Marie! I'd be hard pressed to find ANYTHING up there I didn't love. :)

You never tried the orange Hostess cupcakes Marie? They were really good. I always asked for those and Mom would frequently pack one in my lunch box. I liked them better than the chocolate ones. As far as the orange creamsicle cakes, when Mom made them she always made the cake part orange and then it was topped with orange icing. It was a pale orange icing because I suppose she mixed cream or something in there with it. She sometimes baked them during Christmas too and she made a lot of orange flavored Christmas cookies too with orange icing! And some of the Christmas cookies were pink! And also green! :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2008, 07:51:16 pm »
Dulce de leche.

But I would have equally chosen Tres Leches cake had it been one of the options.  It's YUMMY, melt in your mouth cake!

A Tres leches cake, or Pastel de Tres leches (Spanish, "Three milk cake"), is a sponge cake,—in some recipes, a butter cake—soaked in three kinds of milk: evaporated milk, condensed milk, and either whole milk or cream.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2008, 09:05:33 pm »
Dulce de leche.

But I would have equally chosen Tres Leches cake had it been one of the options.  It's YUMMY, melt in your mouth cake!

A Tres leches cake, or Pastel de Tres leches (Spanish, "Three milk cake"), is a sponge cake,—in some recipes, a butter cake—soaked in three kinds of milk: evaporated milk, condensed milk, and either whole milk or cream.

Ohhhh that sounds soooo good

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2008, 09:30:12 pm »
I went with pie because I will usually get pie over cake with the possible exception of cheesecakes...but what's the big idea of only being able to pick one???!!!

;D ::) 8)
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2008, 09:33:18 pm »
Pie!  Key Lime Pie!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2008, 10:53:08 pm »
what's the big idea of only being able to pick one???!!!

;D ::) 8)

;D I thought it would present a bit of a challenge.  Similar to a question like, "If you were stuck on a desert island and could only have ONE kind of cake, what would it be?"
 :)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2008, 11:19:14 pm »
Pie!  Key Lime Pie!

Yeah, Key Lime is good! I just made some the other day. :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2008, 12:05:01 am »
Yeah, Key Lime is good! I just made some the other day. :)

David, Key Lime is my favorite pie.