Author Topic: What is it September part II  (Read 54890 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: What is it September part II
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2008, 01:01:52 am »

David, I didn't say they're replacable, I said they're dispensable.

I just wanted to keep you folks from killing your eyes in the attempt to read the lettering on it :laugh:, or to focus on them with your guesses.

Of course this doesn't mean that dog toy is wrong .....
But then it could be wrong ....
You'll just have to wait ;D

Oh yeah, you did say that didn't you? My bad. :laugh:

So they are dispensable? Dispensable meaning you can take them off and throw them away in a trash barrel? Hmmm. Why would someone want to do that? :-\

Are they not supposed to be there to begin with? Perhaps they are something which should be removed once the item is purchased? Like those plastic holders they sometimes put around CDs at the music store. The cashier is SUPPOSED to remove them, but sometimes she doesn't and you have to do it yourself with a pair of scissors once you get home, almost breaking your hand in the process. Or melt it off with a lighter. >:(

Is that what you mean by dispensable Chrissi? Because why would somebody want or need to remove them and throw them out if they are supposed to be there to begin with and they serve some useful purpose?

They are white, round and plastic. They look like they can slide around on the chain. But they are dispensable. I don't understand. You know what that thing looks like? It looks like a jump rope, but it wasn't listed on the poll. That's the first thing I thought of when I saw the picture. And those plastic dispensable things would be the handles or holders.

I don't know. Now I'm really confused! >:(

The plot thickens. :laugh:

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2008, 01:04:46 am »
well it has a nut on one end and a little "hook" on the other end? or maybe it is a loop...

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2008, 01:08:34 am »
I said falcon leash.

A FALCON LEASH?? I didn't even see that option up there! >:(

I guess I read it too fast. But what would the screw be used for? Maybe they put a harness of some sort on the bird and use the screw to attach it. ???

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2008, 01:37:01 am »
Oh yeah, you did say that didn't you? My bad. :laugh:

So they are dispensable? Dispensable meaning you can take them off and throw them away in a trash barrel? Hmmm. Why would someone want to do that? :-\

Are they not supposed to be there to begin with? Perhaps they are something which should be removed once the item is purchased? Like those plastic holders they sometimes put around CDs at the music store. The cashier is SUPPOSED to remove them, but sometimes she doesn't and you have to do it yourself with a pair of scissors once you get home, almost breaking your hand in the process. Or melt it off with a lighter. >:(

Is that what you mean by dispensable Chrissi? Because why would somebody want or need to remove them and throw them out if they are supposed to be there to begin with and they serve some useful purpose?

They are white, round and plastic. They look like they can slide around on the chain. But they are dispensable. I don't understand. You know what that thing looks like? It looks like a jump rope, but it wasn't listed on the poll. That's the first thing I thought of when I saw the picture. And those plastic dispensable things would be the handles or holders.

I don't know. Now I'm really confused! >:(

The plot thickens. :laugh:

Dispensable is what my dictionary said. Maybe abdicable would have been a better word choice.
I mean that you don't need them for the thingie to fulfill its purpose.

All I wanted to say is: do not concentrate on them, they are not important in order to find out what this thingie is.

injest

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2008, 01:52:39 am »
A FALCON LEASH?? I didn't even see that option up there! >:(

I guess I read it too fast. But what would the screw be used for? Maybe they put a harness of some sort on the bird and use the screw to attach it. ???

I thought maybe it was to screw the leash onto a perch.....maybe...

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2008, 01:57:00 am »

Dispensable is what my dictionary said. Maybe abdicable would have been a better word choice.
I mean that you don't need them for the thingie to fulfill its purpose.

All I wanted to say is: do not concentrate on them, they are not important in order to find out what this thingie is.

They are not important in order to find out what it is, Chrissi said! She's dropping more hints ya'll! ;)

Let's think about it. So we really shouldn't be paying any attention at all to those white plastic deals, should we?

So David wonders why they are there to begin with! ???

I think Jess' choice of a falcon leash might be the correct answer. Those white plastic things are there to be used as grips, but it isn't necessary to use them unless you want to.

But that could work with any of those choices up there couldn't it? All of them would require grips (well sort of) in order to use them, including the dog toy holder! So I may be correct after all! :D

{{{CHRISSI}}}

You posted a real stumper for us this time! I swear. :laugh:

injest

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2008, 02:01:13 am »
I was THINKING about the hair thing but.....

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2008, 02:14:26 am »
They are not important in order to find out what it is, Chrissi said! She's dropping more hints ya'll! ;)

:-X :-X :-X

{{{CHRISSI}}}

Aww, thanks.

You posted a real stumper for us this time! I swear. :laugh:

And I LOVE it! ;D :)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2008, 02:20:07 am »
I thought maybe it was to screw the leash onto a perch.....maybe...

I was THINKING about the hair thing but.....

Did I already say how much I enjoy this? ;D

injest

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2008, 07:34:18 am »

Did I already say how much I enjoy this? ;D

I think she is enjoying this a little TOO much!  >:( >:(

I bet it is the one that seems the least likely one... >:(

I may change my answer to 'lunch box holder'  :(