Author Topic: A new Brokieism game  (Read 20947 times)

Offline Gabreya

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: A new Brokieism game
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2008, 11:40:34 pm »
Oh. Well, all right.

Uh, the other answer maybe,'Hey, I think it's time you git up and walk. Aren't you tired from sitting down for some time? Your ass must be tired as well.'

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2008, 11:47:28 pm »
I'll try. Even though I'm not all that at guessing games.

I think this is more along the lines of that game some of us played as kids... I forget what it was called.  Where you buy a book (there was a series of books) that has a series of one page stories in it with certain words taken out of key sentences and left with blanks.  You were supposed to fill in the blanks (they usually indicated whether it was meant to be a verb, noun, adjective, etc.).  It was meant to be funny, silly and creative.  Does anyone else remember this game?  It's driving me nuts that I can't think of what it was called at the moment.

In this case, the idea is to fill in the blanks with Brokieisms

A group of co-workers is hanging out in the coffee room, talking about soup .  Their boss rushes in and reminds them that the board meeting started 5 minutes ago and she says, "Let's get, 'less you want to sit around tying knots all day".

Good one Paul!

Here's my shot at this one:

A group of co-workers is hanging out in the coffee room,drinking (coffee) and talking and all.  Their boss rushes in and reminds them that the board meeting started 5 minutes ago and she says, "I suggest you get yourselves in here pronto!"

LOL, I edited out the "scrawny asses" part since this is a professional setting and all.  ;D

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2008, 12:06:47 am »
I think this is more along the lines of that game some of us played as kids... I forget what it was called.  Where you buy a book (there was a series of books) that has a series of one page stories in it with certain words taken out of key sentences and left with blanks.  You were supposed to fill in the blanks (they usually indicated whether it was meant to be a verb, noun, adjective, etc.).  It was meant to be funny, silly and creative.  Does anyone else remember this game?  It's driving me nuts that I can't think of what it was called at the moment.

Madlibs?
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2008, 07:50:35 am »
Madlibs!  Yes!  That would be a good format.

And good scenario, Amanda.  Okay, I'll try making a short madlibs:

The town of ___ is every tourist's dream.  There, you can see ___, ___, and even, on rare occasions, ___.  When you get hungry, be sure to head over to ___, where you'll be able to eat the best ___ you've ever had.  To complete the trip, don't forget to pick up ___ to take home with you as a memento.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2008, 11:16:11 am »

I took artistic license and didn't fill in real Brokieisms, but other Brokie related words :).

The town of Cowley is every tourist's dream.  There, you can see the place where Aguirre's trailer had been, Ennis's alley, and even, on rare occasions,the back of Ang Lee's director's chair.  When you get hungry, be sure to head over to the meat shop, where you'll be able to eat the best beef jerky you've ever had.  To complete the trip, don't forget to pick up some pebbles from beside the railroad track to take home with you as a memento.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2008, 01:01:00 pm »
Madlibs?

Yes!!!  Thank you!  Madlibs is what I meant! I was completely blanking on the name of that game. 8)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2008, 02:31:29 pm »
Okay, here's how I would answer it:

A group of co-workers is hanging out in the coffee room, sitting around tying knots all day.  Their boss rushes in and reminds them that the board meeting started 5 minutes ago and she says, Git your scrawny asses in there!

New scenario, although I'm sure there are many other good answers for this one.

Two friends arrange to meet each other at a local watering-hole after work but one of them is an hour late showing up. What do they say to each other when they finally meet up?

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2008, 04:27:21 pm »

Two friends arrange to meet each other at a local watering-hole after work but one of them is an hour late showing up. What do they say to each other when they finally meet up?

Was gettin' tired of missin' your dumb ass!  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2008, 04:57:37 pm »
"You're late."

Meryl, I love your answer.

Offline Gabreya

• Brokeback Got Me Good