Author Topic: Favorite FanFictions so far.  (Read 32234 times)

Offline wayne1932

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Re: Favorite FanFictions so far.
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2008, 11:30:57 am »
My all time favorite is "Somebody New" by Jenna.   Unfortunately C&D orders have made it unavailable.  This is closely followed by anything written by cynical21.   SN is AU, the sweet life.  CYN writes pure canon, hard to read (emotional factors) but so REAL and true to life. 
If it aint broke DON"T fix it.   If ya can't fix it, ya gotta stand it. If ya can't stand it...........

retropian

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2008, 09:17:21 pm »
My all time favorite is "Somebody New" by Jenna.   Unfortunately C&D orders have made it unavailable.  This is closely followed by anything written by cynical21.   SN is AU, the sweet life.  CYN writes pure canon, hard to read (emotional factors) but so REAL and true to life. 

Do you have links to these? Is cynical21 on livejournal?

Thanks. Ian

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 09:49:02 am »

One of my favourites too. I have read that story many, many times.

My list of favorite stories are

Brokeback Redemption by Vicopet
Somebody New by Jenna
The Wolf and the Thunderbird by Debutantee 9
Zero at the Bone by MadLori

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2008, 10:21:25 am »
Bookends

This story is only a fragment, about 4 chapters, but is worth reading.  It's a double-universe story, part canon and part AU, with Ennis and Jack in the AU helping raise Jack's granddaughter.  In the canon part, the granddaughter meets Ennis many years after the end of the canon story: Ennis has been living up in Lightning Flat, taking care of Jack's mother until her death. 

It's worth reading for a thoroughly delightful description of Jack's young granddaughter (who calls Ennis and Jack "Grumpy" and "Buddy") if nothing else.

http://kittykimono.livejournal.com

retropian

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2008, 07:20:50 pm »
Bookends

This story is only a fragment, about 4 chapters, but is worth reading.  It's a double-universe story, part canon and part AU, with Ennis and Jack in the AU helping raise Jack's granddaughter.  In the canon part, the granddaughter meets Ennis many years after the end of the canon story: Ennis has been living up in Lightning Flat, taking care of Jack's mother until her death. 

It's worth reading for a thoroughly delightful description of Jack's young granddaughter (who calls Ennis and Jack "Grumpy" and "Buddy") if nothing else.

http://kittykimono.livejournal.com

Thank you. I will check it out. I've got a lot of reading to do!

retropian

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2008, 01:48:38 am »
Ok. I finished "Somebody New" by Jenna. Just loved it! When Ennis knocks on Jacks door, wow.

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2008, 05:52:50 pm »
Is "Somebody New" in canon?  Is there a link to it?

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2008, 07:20:18 pm »
Is "Somebody New" in canon?  Is there a link to it?

The author of Somebody New, Jenna, made the decision to take her entire story down and lock her LJ....back in 2006 (or maybe early 2007) as I recall. I do not believe it is available right now.

I don't think it was canon. I think it was a Jack and Ennis get together eventually story, although they had their ups and downs getting there.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2008, 01:50:17 am »
But Ian just said he read it . . . ?

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2008, 08:54:23 am »
But Ian just said he read it . . . ?

People have copies that they are sharing privately (I don't). I am assuming that is where Ian got his? It is not available publicly. The rumor was (although I don't believe Jenna ever came out and confirmed this) is that she received a cease & desist letter from Annie Proulx's publishers. Since other fanfic authors also received C&D letters, the rumor is probably true.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!