Author Topic: Say Hi and Introduce Yourself  (Read 57833 times)

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
Re: --->>Say Hi and Introduce Yourself/Tremblay Directory
« Reply #140 on: July 07, 2006, 06:23:44 pm »
Wow, we've had so many new members lately! Welcome everyone, I'm sure you'll love it here as much as the rest of us do.  ;D

Courtney

Offline nic

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • No man is an island
Re: --->>Say Hi and Introduce Yourself - NOW WITH TREMBLAY DIRECTORY
« Reply #141 on: July 07, 2006, 06:51:17 pm »
Hello I’m new, I’m Karen, I’m from London and I have never joined anything like this before but then again I’ve never seen anything like BBM before.
Hi,

I like what you said in your post! A lot of folks that were so so affected by BBM had never joined anything like this before, me included.  Certainly BBM's impact was unprecedented. 

cheers nic (also from the UK but can't make it to the meet  :'()
Old Brokeback got us good and it sure ain't over

Offline tamarack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #142 on: July 09, 2006, 07:41:18 am »
Hi, Everybody - I'm Lauren and I'm from Maine. I posted last night on the main discussion thread and then realized this morning that I should have come here. I'm another one who has discovered forums because of Brokeback Mountain.

Offline Amber

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Whiskey anyone?
« Reply #143 on: July 09, 2006, 03:53:56 pm »
Hi there, I'm Amber.  I'm a sadly umemployed 26-year-old law school graduate who's married and the proud "mother" of two cats (Peyton and Petunia).  I'm currently from Spokane, Washington but spent most of my life in Grand Rapids, Michigan.  I've been floating around BetterMost for awhile and finally decided to stop into this board.  Glad I did.  :)
"... and Ennis, not big on endearments, said what he said to his horses and daughters, little darlin." ~Proulx

"Life is not a succession of urgents nows; it is a listless trickle of why-should-I's."  Johnny Depp as the Second Earl of Rochester.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #144 on: July 09, 2006, 05:11:23 pm »
I've been floating around BetterMost for awhile and finally decided to stop into this board.  Glad I did.  :)

We're glad you did too! :D

Welcome!
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #145 on: July 11, 2006, 01:06:22 pm »
Hi everybody,

My name is Geri.  I'm 38, mother of two daughters and a tabby cat named Ricky. I am a nurse by profession. Also I have enjoyed dejaying for the past ten years . I have lived in upstate New York since my parents immagrated us over from Ireland 36 years ago.

I came here from IMDb Boards a few months ago. Thanks to Rolands invite. I have been very active playing the games here,(and have met alot of wonderful and imaginative Brokies in doing so) but have come to relize that I have not ventured out too far to meet the rest of you!  I have been reading all of your posts and you all seem like such a great bunch of people so I would like to say "Hello" to you all!

Oh and one question ... who is Chez Tremblay?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 01:16:19 pm by Arad-3 »
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #146 on: July 11, 2006, 01:14:29 pm »
Oh and one question anyways... who is Chez Trembay?

Chez Tremblay, or CT as it is often referred to, is a community of people who all share one common interest: Brokeback Mountain!  Started back in January, 2006, CT was an attempt to flee the troll-ridden ruins of the Original Brokeback Mountain Board on Internet Movie Database (IMDb).  A few members, along with our founding father Brandon (EnnisDelMar), ventured off into the beyond and started the 'Pierre Tremblay' board in a hidden area of IMDb.  Unfortunately, we were invaded by trolls in mid March and decided to make a major move here to BetterMost.net.  Since then, CT has evolved into an ever popular and continuously growing community of friends who come together to discuss everything from the film to themselves.

vkm91941

« Reply #147 on: July 11, 2006, 01:15:20 pm »
Hi Geri!  My partner in crime on the Lines Visualised thread I am very happy you are here with us.  Pierre Tremblay was the second assistant director on BBM.  Read Chris's post on the Welcome center for a full description of how we came to be.  After David ( the Stud Duck) contacted him throught the Director's Guild, Pierre and his wife Nicole use to post with us on his board at IMDb answering questions about the production.

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #148 on: July 11, 2006, 01:26:51 pm »
Hey Vic and Chris,

Ok that makes sense. I always wondered why he had a community to himself. And it was the only one you had to be logged on to enter. Now I know. Thank you!

Vic..lets not let BBM lines visulized die out!  It's one of the best!
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

vkm91941

« Reply #149 on: July 11, 2006, 01:29:33 pm »
Hey Vic and Chris,

Ok that makes sense. I always wondered why he had a community to himself. And it was the only one you had to be logged on to enter. Now I know. Thank you!

Vic..lets not let BBM lines visulized die out!  It's one of the best!

LOL, I agree I try to post a few everyday.  I just love that thread!....Found some really cute dog and cat shots last night that worked really well.