Author Topic: Say Hi and Introduce Yourself  (Read 57700 times)

Offline mlewisusc

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: --->>Say Hi and Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2006, 03:58:06 am »
Did I post in the "introduce yourself" thread?  I can't remember . . .

Mark, (less than) 40 (barely).  "Will I get my four years back?"

Lawyer (ugh!  See - I have no friends - that's why I love that you all love me!)

Single, not looking . . .

Live behind the Orange Curtain - and BTW, "The OC" is filmed in LA!  It don't look like that here and folks don't act like that here!  (Actually, it's worse!).  I do love it here (grew up & came back after LA) but I loved it more before the New Rich showed up, when the Old Rich went back to Pasadena for a large chunk of the year.

Did I mention I went to USC?  Do I need to?  So, for "most disappointing" event of 2006 so far, it's almost a perfect tie between the blasted Rose Bowl game and the bloody Oscar telecast.

Proud participant in the Aero screening in Santa Monica with friends Surf501, Starboardlight, Henrypie, Ellenemo, Ndatmo1, and Bannerhill.  Definitely would try to make a BBM convention.

I love you all.  The thinkers who knock me on my heels are JeffWrangler and Delalluvia. 

Losing time to spend on the boards but so very very happy (and thankful) to have a place like the forum here.  Thank you so much again Philip!

"Good enough place" - Ennis del Mar

Offline FuzzyChanny

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "Youth is wasted on the young..."
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2006, 08:17:02 am »
Hey Juan, there are a number of geminis in this group -- when's your birthday?

(I'm June 17)
Geminis with cats rock  :angel:

Ruffalo

Agreed! ;D

Well you can gather from that I too am a Gemini with cats - 5 to be exact (my darling of which is lying in my arms right - makes typing difficult).

Less important information:

Chantelle
Female
Johannesburg, South Africa
Student in waiting
Single

I really love this place as I don't have many crazy Brokie friends outside of here.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 01:41:06 pm by FuzzyChanny »
I've learnt that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in!

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2006, 10:42:11 pm »
For the lurkers and newbies, you can check out information about us on here and add your own! :)
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2006, 11:26:56 pm »
This is a Part II to the full and cluttered Can We Get New People to Say Hi? thread...

Please all new members feel free to introduce yourselves using this thread!  Make yourselves at home - you are invited to post willingly and review our Chez Tremblay News & Welcome Center for the forum guidelines and other information regarding Chez Tremblay and BetterMost.net!

Sincerely,
CT Moderators
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 12:56:33 pm by cHrIs_sLaYeRs »

Offline b_hynds

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2006, 01:11:37 am »
Well this might be a reintroduction for some. My name is Brendan, I'm 26 and I live in Vancouver B.C.  I started posting on the BBM IMDb message board back in December and posted on the Tremblay board in Febuary. I've been crazy busy taking condenced summer classes here at the University of British Columbia. I took a little break from BBM and the message boards for a bit because I moved and started summer classes. I just found out about the screening in SF and I'm getting back on a gryhound for Jack and Ennis again(I went to the Aero in Santa Monica in Feb). Anyway just thought I'd say hi to everyone!
"I did once"

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2006, 01:15:44 am »
Welcome Brendan! Look forward to seeing you in SF next weekend!

O0

Heathen

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2006, 01:16:54 am »
Well this might be a reintroduction for some. My name is Brendan, I'm 26 and I live in Vancouver B.C.  I started posting on the BBM IMDb message board back in December and posted on the Tremblay board in Febuary. I've been crazy busy taking condenced summer classes here at the University of British Columbia. I took a little break from BBM and the message boards for a bit because I moved and started summer classes. I just found out about the screening in SF and I'm getting back on a gryhound for Jack and Ennis again(I went to the Aero in Santa Monica in Feb). Anyway just thought I'd say hi to everyone!

Welcome Brendan to Chez Tremblay and BetterMost!  Look forward to seeing more of you!

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2006, 03:11:48 am »
(I went to the Aero in Santa Monica in Feb).

Brendan, I remember you.  I was bummed when I found out you had been at the Aero and never found us.  We will find you in SF!!  Clarissa

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2006, 02:22:13 pm »
"Say hi,"
Jenny and Alma Jtr.: "Hi."

Guess nobody thinks he's "new."
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2006, 05:23:00 pm »
Hi Brendan! I remember you and your profile on IMDb....it's been a while now, but I rememeber thinking we had some non-BBM literary and music tastes in common (I'm thinking it was U2 and Catcher in the Rye?? We'll have to tawk.) Anyway, welcome back to the fray!

I've always put off posting on all the various introductions and getting to know you threads, from the original Pierre Tremblay board to here, so I'll try to make up for that now:

My name is Jenny and I'm a 35-year-old bi woman living in Brooklyn, NY since last April. I've been a big Brokeback fan since seeing the movie opening night on December 9th, 2005 in NYC (and saw it 12 times after that in the theater). Some of the best things about my life are my adorable niece and nephew (and their parents), my wonderful old friends all over the country, and all the new friends and community I've come to know and love here at Chez Tremblay. Among the challenges I deal with are working at a tedious temp job, and the frustrations of having too little time, money, and energy left over each day to play here and also make my many dreams come true.

On that note, I've been more absent than present here for the past 6 or 7 weeks as I am trying to get some things in my life to be the way I want them to be. That means looking for a more fulfilling and better-paying job, and also working on the larger life goal of starting my practice in body-centered voice and movement coaching, for which I've trained and studied for the past 10 years. It's slow going, but I do make progress bit by bit.

As a brokie, I like to do visible and tangible things for our community, and for all brokies, really. To that end I have worked a lot on the IMDb Chez Tremblay/"Big Board" archive that littledarlin, myself, and others created after the IMDb troll attack in March. I have also made several silver double-cowboy-hat-charm-necklaces/keychains for myself and others to wear as a symbol of Jack and Ennis' love. Another project I'm a fan of is the as-yet-to-be-planned brokie convention that we hope to hold next summer in Calgary, Alberta--I can't wait to party, share the elk meat, and drink some whiskey or som'n with everyone a yas!

Perhaps the biggest contribution I've made is the online t-shirt store I created for brokies called revelationtees (see the link in my sig line.) The store has been my way of helping all brokies share and wear their love of Brokeback Mountain. I give my profits to the Matthew Shepard Foundation, which was started in 1998 after Matthew was murdered in a horrible hate crime in Wyoming. I'm doing this because I want to help make the world a safer and better place for all the real-life Jacks and Ennises everwhere. We've got to turn the tide so we can be free to live and love in this world as we are, without fear or shame. Being more like Ennis than I'd like to admit, I battle those and other things regularly. As I integrate the movie more deeply into my life, I hope I can "let be" and find love like Jack and Ennis had.

I love this group of people and am so glad I found everyone here! Even though I'm no longer staying up till 2 am every night with y'all, you're in my heart and soul, and whatever might be difficult in my life, things are always better when I come to BetterMost.

xox,
 :-*Jenny

« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 09:41:45 am by newyearsday »
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."