Author Topic: Say Hi and Introduce Yourself  (Read 57722 times)

Offline b_hynds

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Re: --->>Say Hi and Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2006, 03:46:19 am »
Brendan, I remember you.  I was bummed when I found out you had been at the Aero and never found us.  We will find you in SF!!  Clarissa

I'm not going to make that mistake this time! I got the email and I'll be making sure to sit in the reserved section. I'll see you on Monday!! :D
"I did once"

Offline b_hynds

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2006, 03:51:55 am »
Hi Brendan! I remember you and your profile on IMDb....it's been a while now, but I rememeber thinking we had some non-BBM literary and music tastes in common (I'm thinking it was U2 and Catcher in the Rye?? We'll have to tawk.) Anyway, welcome back to the fray!

Hi Jenny!!!!! I remember you, I wanted to buy one of your shirts!!! I've been SUPER busy as well. On my way to bed, gotta be up early leaving for SF  in the moring.  Thanks for the welcome!
"I did once"

Offline b_hynds

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2006, 03:56:24 am »
HI !  :D Brendan  :D old buudy, old pal, old friend!  Nice to see you found your way here. I've missed you....Welcome!  :-* :-* one for each cheek.

Hi Victoria!!!!!!!! It's good to be back!!!! I've missed you too! :-*   I've been taking condenced summer classes, which means I have to do a whole semesters worth of work in 3 weeks :o. I'm off to San Fran in the mornning, but I look forward to chatting when I get back.
"I did once"

Offline b_hynds

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2006, 04:01:40 am »
Thanks for all the warm welcomes, I feel right at home here. ;D
"I did once"

Offline b_hynds

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #84 on: June 10, 2006, 04:34:07 am »
Hello fellow Brokies.... my name is Alec and joining this site is definitely a first for me ... a "one-shot deal," to quote one of our mutual friends.  I have been reading this site and the IMDB board for a while, on and off as time permits.  I have never been so affected by a story or a movie as I have been by Brokeback Mountain.  Discerning, articulating, and processing all that Jack & Ennis have to teach us will take eons.  I won't likely have much time to participate online, but I do look forward to enjoying and benefitting from the ongoing commentary and discussions when I am able.  I am in the process of moving from Washington, D.C., where I have lived and worked in public service for 18 years, back home to the Buffalo, NY area.  I think this site is a terrific idea and I have to believe that many people are benefitting from it.  I look forward to getting to know you as time marches on.

Welcome Alec!!!!!! I have never been affected like a movie like this either. People in my "real" life think it's a little wierd. They keep saying "it's just a movie". Of course I realize that it's a movie, but it's so much more than that to me.
"I did once"

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #85 on: June 10, 2006, 03:38:18 pm »
Welcome B_hynds.  With a name like that I can only imagine you will be the BUTT of a few jokes!  ;D Hahahahahahahahahahaa God I'm Funny!  ;D

I hope you love this place!
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline b_hynds

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #86 on: June 11, 2006, 05:41:54 pm »
Welcome B_hynds.  With a name like that I can only imagine you will be the BUTT of a few jokes!  ;D Hahahahahahahahahahaa God I'm Funny!  ;D

I hope you love this place!

lol, yes I was indeed the "butt" of a few jokes. I used to hate it, but now I think it's kinda funny.
"I did once"

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #87 on: June 13, 2006, 01:52:43 am »
Brendan, it was great to meet you and your wife tonight at the theater! 

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #88 on: June 13, 2006, 12:17:16 pm »
Well this might be a reintroduction for some. My name is Brendan, I'm 26 and I live in Vancouver B.C.  I started posting on the BBM IMDb message board back in December and posted on the Tremblay board in Febuary. I've been crazy busy taking condenced summer classes here at the University of British Columbia. I took a little break from BBM and the message boards for a bit because I moved and started summer classes. I just found out about the screening in SF and I'm getting back on a gryhound for Jack and Ennis again(I went to the Aero in Santa Monica in Feb). Anyway just thought I'd say hi to everyone!
Oops didn't see this! I remember you too from the imdb board! I remember, because you mentioned at some point that you are a Capricorn - I am too, so that bit of information about you stuck in my mind.

WELCOME!

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #89 on: June 13, 2006, 12:19:54 pm »
No kidding it's addictive... I am supposed to be packing for a 500-mile move instead of reading and posting... I may need to have a Brokeback Moving party where everyone whose alluring posts have kept me from packing has to help me get everything ready to go!   ;D
You can always do what I do sometimes - print out some of the threads and read them you're taking a break from packing, travelling or otherwise away from the PC.

;)

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -