Author Topic: In the Land of the Lotus Eaters: New Greenlea Tale  (Read 164044 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: In the Land of the Lotus Eaters: New Greenlea Tale
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2008, 11:02:13 pm »
and another!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/279748.html

Wow - you snuck another one in while I was typing!

Why do I get the feeling Jeremy is going to find out about this before Wes wants him to?  Now I'm trying to think back to when Jeremy and Ellery questioned Sevigny ..... and I'm dreading the moment when Wes has to tell Ellery (and I'm sure Wes is, too!).   :-\  Never a dull moment in Greenlea County (or California either)!  Thanks, Louise!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2008, 11:12:54 pm »
Wow - you snuck another one in while I was typing!

Why do I get the feeling Jeremy is going to find out about this before Wes wants him to?  Now I'm trying to think back to when Jeremy and Ellery questioned Sevigny ..... and I'm dreading the moment when Wes has to tell Ellery (and I'm sure Wes is, too!).   :-\  Never a dull moment in Greenlea County (or California either)!  Thanks, Louise!

Marie

yes I did sneak another one in there!  And yes, I am sure Wes is dreading ruining Ellery's vacation.  However, I promised myself, and you faithful audience, that this was going to NOT be a police procedural with coitus interruptus and all that it entails!  that our boys really ARE going to get a vacation they have been craving since the end of 'Long Way Home', without the interruptions of deathbed confessions, attempted murders and AIDS scares! So, Ellery and Colson have one coming to them.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2008, 06:30:44 pm »

And here is Chapter 16:  http://louisev.livejournal.com/280019.html
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2008, 07:50:18 pm »
and chapter 17!

warning: mansex

http://louisev.livejournal.com/280223.html

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2008, 08:57:05 pm »
Woo Wee - you've been typity typing, Louise!  :D

SPOILERS

I always love Colson's ruminations and it makes a lot of sense that their day at the public beach and their upcoming visit to yet another gay bar in the strange new, open world of California would harken back memories of Adam and his days and years spent in hiding.   Beautifully done.

Mansex? Uh, yeah, I'd say so.  Holy crap. 

How about we just crossed the Rubicon?” Colson asked, grinning happily.

LOL!  You can say that again, Colson.   I'm sure glad they ignored that blinking light on the phone ....

Thanks, Louise!! 

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2008, 09:01:56 pm »
I figured that follow-up would go over well with all of you skittish readers who are afraid that events in Tourmaline are about to intrude into the halcyon vacation time of Ellery and Colson!  AFter all, how many times did I ruin their time alone with one misfortune after another?

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2008, 10:04:47 pm »
Well, I figure it's not you who has ruined their time alone with all those misfortunes.  More like fuckin Bill and crazy kidnappers and lunatic murderers and Wayne and his mice, etc., etc., etc. ......  ;D

Marie

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2008, 10:14:09 pm »
Well, I figure it's not you who has ruined their time alone with all those misfortunes.  More like fuckin Bill and crazy kidnappers and lunatic murderers and Wayne and his mice, etc., etc., etc. ......  ;D

Marie

very true, but... I could have held them back! hahahah.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2008, 08:48:11 pm »
Sorry I haven't put up any new chapters as yet, I spent some time this week going to Obama campaign events and today I had to work.  I am winding down now and digesting my dinner. I might have something up tonight but definitely tomorrow.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2008, 03:30:18 pm »
Sorry I haven't put up any new chapters as yet, I spent some time this week going to Obama campaign events and today I had to work.  I am winding down now and digesting my dinner. I might have something up tonight but definitely tomorrow.

and here you go! chapter 18!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/280424.html