Author Topic: In the Land of the Lotus Eaters: New Greenlea Tale  (Read 163978 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: In the Land of the Lotus Eaters: New Greenlea Tale
« Reply #140 on: December 20, 2008, 04:56:54 pm »
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #141 on: December 21, 2008, 07:35:27 pm »
and here is Chapter 33:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/284254.html

SPOILERS

“That include you?” Ellery shot back, defensive.

Ha!  Nice try, Ellery!  But it looks like Wes has all his bases covered. 

“Time for a little harsher interrogation I’d say,” Ellery said, smiling grimly now.

Uh oh.  Ellery is smiling grimly.  I wouldn't want to be David the towel boy.  LOL.

Thanks, Louise!
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #142 on: December 21, 2008, 09:18:37 pm »
stay tuned for more grim smiling.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #143 on: December 21, 2008, 10:42:16 pm »

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #144 on: December 22, 2008, 03:41:46 pm »
SPOILERS

“No controllin who ya love. I was in love with a thief once. A thief who stole from me.”

I really like the way Ellery handled David - tough and no nonsense, but he showed some compassion, too.  And I think the fact that Ellery was honest enough to admit that he hasn't always been the best judge of character himself will make it easier for David to admit his part.

And Colson is irresistible when he's shy and scared.   :)

Thanks, Louise!
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #145 on: December 27, 2008, 08:12:05 pm »
and at long last, with the waning of the Christmas holiday, here is Chapter 35!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/284787.html

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #146 on: December 28, 2008, 11:26:51 am »
SPOILERS

Both Sheriff Wes and Dr. Caulfield were so impressive with their talks.  Obviously, Wes understands his staff and Henry has a firm grasp, not only on what his job will entail, but on the discomfort many of them may feel in speaking with him. 

“Not shy about stating his opinions.”

LOL.  Yeah, you could say that! 

It'll be interesting to see Henry and Ellery interact, but right now I'm more interested in seeing how Henry and Paula size each other up on their first impressions! 

And what's this about the Paso Fino? 

Thanks, Louise!
Marie

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #147 on: January 04, 2009, 07:35:36 pm »
And here is chapter 36!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/285079.html

Sorry about the slow delivery here, I got sidetracked by more good fiction!  I'm a hopeless reader sometimes too!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #148 on: January 05, 2009, 02:23:31 pm »
And here is chapter 36!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/285079.html

Sorry about the slow delivery here, I got sidetracked by more good fiction!  I'm a hopeless reader sometimes too!

Reading is a good thing, Louise! 

SPOILERS

Oh, the naked swimmin’s legal an all. As long as ya don’t strip down on the wrong side a the cones,” Colson reassured him. “I wouldn’t a done it if there wasn’t a sign.”

LOL.  Colson is so adorably law abiding.  I know Ellery thinks he's over-reacting to the anonymous note under the door, but I can't blame him too much.  Colson's right that Sevigny seemed harmless at first, too.  I understand why Ellery is bound and determined to solve the break-in himself, but he sometimes has a tendency to use poor judgment when he's so personally involved ...... :-\

Thanks, Louise!  :)

Marie

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #149 on: January 05, 2009, 05:46:12 pm »
Reading is a good thing, Louise! 

SPOILERS

Oh, the naked swimmin’s legal an all. As long as ya don’t strip down on the wrong side a the cones,” Colson reassured him. “I wouldn’t a done it if there wasn’t a sign.”

LOL.  Colson is so adorably law abiding.  I know Ellery thinks he's over-reacting to the anonymous note under the door, but I can't blame him too much.  Colson's right that Sevigny seemed harmless at first, too.  I understand why Ellery is bound and determined to solve the break-in himself, but he sometimes has a tendency to use poor judgment when he's so personally involved ...... :-\

Thanks, Louise!  :)

Marie

but didn't ya think that Colson might have been rationalizing a bit on the "naked swimmin" in order to make it seem more legit to Wes?