Author Topic: Independent Spirit Awards BBM Clip - See Link in 1st post:  (Read 10082 times)

Offline two_bloody_shirts

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • First Kisses
Independent Spirit Awards BBM Clip - See Link in 1st post:
« on: June 03, 2006, 01:54:56 pm »
Hi Everyone, Thanks to all of you for hunting it down.  I am using moderator powers to to put this link to the elusive "Ennis crying in the closet" clip right here in the first post.  Thanks to Phillip for hosting this clip, and to Grace's post for hsoting this link.  Let's sticky ot for the rest of the day.  Clarissa

http://www.phillipdampier.net/downloads/enniscry.wmv

also, a possibly easier to see version at YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaqCv0mjSX8&search=brokeback

-------------------------------------------
Beginning of original post

I have been trying to search for the infamous Brokeback clip on ISA that shows Ennis being emotionally distraught.  I sent a message to a site that had a clip of ISA and this was their response:

Hi.

To answer your question about the ISA clip. It was captured by us at OC Trailers and originated from our site. To my knowledge, there's nowhere where you can find the full ISA, I had it at one point but deleted it from my hard drive. However, Jane from bettermost.com asked me about it recently, I went back and checked the clip I had and did have the Brokeback Mountain clip montage so I sent that along to them just a couple of days ago.

I don't know if/when it will be on bettermost.com but i'm sure it will show up soon enough.

The clip's not that great, I didn't realize it was a bad recording until I checked the clip for Jane. But... it does have one scene alot of people seem to be interested in.

-thanks, k

So, someone had the same idea as me...did someone post it on here and I missed it?  Please let me know, thanks!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 12:49:08 am by cHrIs_sLaYeRs »
Love.  You have a problem with it?

~Grace~

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Independent Spirit Awards - Brokeback Clip
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 02:14:14 pm »
Thanks for working on tracking this down for us, Grace.  I'd love to see it again.  Here is Jane's profile page  here at BetterMost.  You can send her a PM from there, and also see her posting history, to see if she's posted it.  Clarissa

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=361

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 01:04:01 am »
There are some discussions at Wranglers on LJ.  Someone has it on DVD.  Stay tuned, we may get to see it after all.

http://community.livejournal.com/wranglers/990100.html

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • First Kisses
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 07:41:14 am »
There are some discussions at Wranglers on LJ.  Someone has it on DVD.  Stay tuned, we may get to see it after all.

http://community.livejournal.com/wranglers/990100.html

Yeah, I know.  Already saw it.  The video can be downloaded here.

For some odd reason, it plays twice.  Nevertheless, yes, I do see the difference!  I think I like that version better, personally.

~Grace~

Offline nic

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • No man is an island
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 08:43:38 am »
I saw it from that link to Wranglers.  I got chills to see the extra bit even though it was hardly there, but imagine the impact if that scene had lingered on the bigscreen especially for a first viewing of the film.  That part of the film was the bit that tipped me over into weeping on my first viewing so it has resonance for me.
 :'(
Old Brokeback got us good and it sure ain't over

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 09:33:02 am »

For some odd reason, it plays twice.  Nevertheless, yes, I do see the difference!  I think I like that version better, personally.

when I go to that link I get some random download from mania tv....help!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 09:39:06 am »
nevermind I got it to work.... that was really strange, you guys think it was just another take that didn't make it in the movie? It didn't really look like a continuation of the clip to me.
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2006, 01:29:26 pm »

Thanks Grace!

Finally saw it.  Two words: TOO SHORT. 

I wish there is more, but I am satisfied now as we have been nagging someone to post the clip for weeks now. :)

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2006, 02:10:20 pm »
I have been searching for the Independent Spirit Awards phantom clip of Ennis breaking down and crying in Jack's closet, and I thought I'd struck gold last week when I did receive an ISA clip from someone named Kay that I tracked down from a fan forum for "The OC" and Peter Gallagher.

Unfortunately I am not tech-savvy enough to download it and put it on Youtube, or a web-sharing site.  (I hope to learn how to do this soon!)  The clip is of Peter Gallagher singing a parody of Brokeback Mountain, after which the BBM clip runs.  If anyone wants me to e-mail it to them, just PM me your e-mail address and I will send it to you.  Can't stay on now, I am at work.

Hi.

To answer your question about the ISA clip. It was captured by us at OC Trailers and originated from our site. To my knowledge, there's nowhere where you can find the full ISA, I had it at one point but deleted it from my hard drive. However, Jane from bettermost.com asked me about it recently, I went back and checked the clip I had and did have the Brokeback Mountain clip montage so I sent that along to them just a couple of days ago.

I don't know if/when it will be on bettermost.com but i'm sure it will show up soon enough.

The clip's not that great, I didn't realize it was a bad recording until I checked the clip for Jane. But... it does have one scene alot of people seem to be interested in.

-thanks, k

PS:  I am the Jane referred to in the OP:  but I am not Jane on BetterMost.  this quote is from Kay, the person who sent me the clip.  I am at work, so I don't have time to read this whole thread, but anyone who wants to see the clip that Kay sent me, just PM me your e-mail.

Jane (JakeTwist)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 12:05:18 am by JakeTwist »
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Independent Spirit Awards 2nd clip with song parody
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2006, 02:41:49 pm »

Ok, here is the link to Youtube to see Peter Gallagher (of The OC) singing a parody of BBM that's kinda cute.  This is courtesy of Kay from an OC Fan Forum.. Thanks again Kay!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyXHrwSkOno&search=gallagher%20brokeback%20mountain

« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 11:54:05 pm by JakeTwist »

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • First Kisses
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2006, 07:54:40 pm »
ok, here is the link to look at another part of the show, and a song parody of BBM, courtesy of Kay from an OC Fan Forum.

Yes, that is the one we are referring to.  We have the video - see above.

Thank you for your reply!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 12:28:46 pm by two_bloody_shirts »

~Grace~

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2006, 08:09:56 pm »
Yes, that is the one we are referring to.  We have the video - see above.

Thank you for your reply!

No I watched them both (even though I am at work) and they are slightly different.  I mean the ISA parts of the clips are different, not the BBM clips.  In one you see that guy _________(??) Gallagher singing a parody of BBM.  In the other one you don't....

Offline amh

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • C'mere, baby.
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2006, 10:12:24 pm »
Wow.  I get chills seeing that.  I wonder why the cut that made it in was chosen over that.  Maybe Ang decided it was more Ennis-like to be more reserved? 

The little we see in the clip was short, but Heath was wonderful.  Thanks so much to all of you who persevered  so we could see it!
:-* This ain't no rodeo, cowboy.

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2006, 11:28:14 pm »
I wonder why the cut that made it in was chosen over that.

... and I wonder why and how this rare alternate take ended up being shown at the Independent Spirit Awards at all!  I mean, the movie had been out for months with the final cut already determined, I am not aware that any other Awards event had this alternate scene to show...  hmmmmm....

I wonder what will be on the Deluxe Edition DVD???

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2006, 02:19:55 pm »
For those who don't want to wait and wade through the ads on the download site, the one clip at the ISA has been put here: http://www.phillipdampier.net/downloads/enniscry.wmv
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2006, 04:20:29 pm »
... and I wonder why and how this rare alternate take ended up being shown at the Independent Spirit Awards at all! 

What rare alternate? I don't know if it is that my computer keeps skipping or if I am not paying attention but I didn't see a alternate scene anywhere. Can you fill me in please?
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • First Kisses
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2006, 04:28:15 pm »
What rare alternate? I don't know if it is that my computer keeps skipping or if I am not paying attention but I didn't see a alternate scene anywhere. Can you fill me in please?

You can see it better here.

~Grace~

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2006, 04:45:34 pm »
Thanks Grace, I saw it this time. ::) Yeah I too hope that there is a Deluxe Edition DVD and that the deleted scenes are featured on it like this and the one with the hippies in.
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2006, 10:17:01 pm »
... and I wonder why and how this rare alternate take ended up being shown at the Independent Spirit Awards at all!  I mean, the movie had been out for months with the final cut already determined, I am not aware that any other Awards event had this alternate scene to show...  hmmmmm....

I wonder what will be on the Deluxe Edition DVD???

I KNOW!  There are so many "extra" clips from BBM floating around that didn't end up in the final cut... it's both frustrating and intriguing.  It's a really good question as to why that version of Ennis in Jack's closet was shown at the ISA.  I wonder if Heath and Michelle were really surprised... I notice that the camera cuts directly to them.  I quite like this alternate version!  Very sad... sometimes I think Lee might be a tad bit too spare and reserved.  I certainly wouldn't have minded seeing a bit more of Ennis's emotional reaction to the shirts in the full version of the movie.
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
who likes the alternate clip better than the actual scene in the movie?
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2006, 10:27:49 pm »
I certainly wouldn't have minded seeing a bit more of Ennis's emotional reaction to the shirts in the full version of the movie.

So far *I believe* everyone who has seen this alternate take likes it better than what's in the final cut of the movie???

Anyone??

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
So far *I believe* everyone who has seen this alternate take likes it better than what's in the final cut of the movie???

Anyone??

Yes, I like the "alternate" take better.  Packs a little more punch and emotion. 

I also agree with the comment that Ang was a little too reserved in some instances.  I'm tired of hearing people say 'it wasn't emotional' or 'they were just friends'.  A little more punch and emotion like we see in this clip would have stamped all that out...

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
ISA clip Poll is now open for business
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2006, 09:41:03 pm »
Tell you what....  I am so stoked that the elusive ISA clip has finally surfaced, I have created a poll for it. ;D  So far only two people have partooken...  one of them being me.  Anyone else care to vote in the poll?  pretty please??  Just head on over to our polling booth,

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=2600.0

tks,

J