Author Topic: Independent Spirit Awards BBM Clip - See Link in 1st post:  (Read 10219 times)

Offline two_bloody_shirts

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • First Kisses
Re: Independent Spirit Awards 2nd clip with song parody
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2006, 07:54:40 pm »
ok, here is the link to look at another part of the show, and a song parody of BBM, courtesy of Kay from an OC Fan Forum.

Yes, that is the one we are referring to.  We have the video - see above.

Thank you for your reply!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 12:28:46 pm by two_bloody_shirts »
Love.  You have a problem with it?

~Grace~

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Independent Spirit Awards 2nd clip with song parody
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2006, 08:09:56 pm »
Yes, that is the one we are referring to.  We have the video - see above.

Thank you for your reply!

No I watched them both (even though I am at work) and they are slightly different.  I mean the ISA parts of the clips are different, not the BBM clips.  In one you see that guy _________(??) Gallagher singing a parody of BBM.  In the other one you don't....
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline amh

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • C'mere, baby.
Re: Independent Spirit Awards - Brokeback Clip
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2006, 10:12:24 pm »
Wow.  I get chills seeing that.  I wonder why the cut that made it in was chosen over that.  Maybe Ang decided it was more Ennis-like to be more reserved? 

The little we see in the clip was short, but Heath was wonderful.  Thanks so much to all of you who persevered  so we could see it!
:-* This ain't no rodeo, cowboy.

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2006, 11:28:14 pm »
I wonder why the cut that made it in was chosen over that.

... and I wonder why and how this rare alternate take ended up being shown at the Independent Spirit Awards at all!  I mean, the movie had been out for months with the final cut already determined, I am not aware that any other Awards event had this alternate scene to show...  hmmmmm....

I wonder what will be on the Deluxe Edition DVD???

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2006, 02:19:55 pm »
For those who don't want to wait and wade through the ads on the download site, the one clip at the ISA has been put here: http://www.phillipdampier.net/downloads/enniscry.wmv
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2006, 04:20:29 pm »
... and I wonder why and how this rare alternate take ended up being shown at the Independent Spirit Awards at all! 

What rare alternate? I don't know if it is that my computer keeps skipping or if I am not paying attention but I didn't see a alternate scene anywhere. Can you fill me in please?
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline two_bloody_shirts

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • First Kisses
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2006, 04:28:15 pm »
What rare alternate? I don't know if it is that my computer keeps skipping or if I am not paying attention but I didn't see a alternate scene anywhere. Can you fill me in please?

You can see it better here.
Love.  You have a problem with it?

~Grace~

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2006, 04:45:34 pm »
Thanks Grace, I saw it this time. ::) Yeah I too hope that there is a Deluxe Edition DVD and that the deleted scenes are featured on it like this and the one with the hippies in.
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2006, 10:17:01 pm »
... and I wonder why and how this rare alternate take ended up being shown at the Independent Spirit Awards at all!  I mean, the movie had been out for months with the final cut already determined, I am not aware that any other Awards event had this alternate scene to show...  hmmmmm....

I wonder what will be on the Deluxe Edition DVD???

I KNOW!  There are so many "extra" clips from BBM floating around that didn't end up in the final cut... it's both frustrating and intriguing.  It's a really good question as to why that version of Ennis in Jack's closet was shown at the ISA.  I wonder if Heath and Michelle were really surprised... I notice that the camera cuts directly to them.  I quite like this alternate version!  Very sad... sometimes I think Lee might be a tad bit too spare and reserved.  I certainly wouldn't have minded seeing a bit more of Ennis's emotional reaction to the shirts in the full version of the movie.
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
who likes the alternate clip better than the actual scene in the movie?
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2006, 10:27:49 pm »
I certainly wouldn't have minded seeing a bit more of Ennis's emotional reaction to the shirts in the full version of the movie.

So far *I believe* everyone who has seen this alternate take likes it better than what's in the final cut of the movie???

Anyone??