Author Topic: The what if thread  (Read 11717 times)

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: The what if thread
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2006, 02:08:09 pm »
What if we were all so balanced and healthy and complete that the tragedy of BBM hadn't touched a single one of us?

What if there was no such thing as "GAY"?

What if love were appeciated wherever it existed?

"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2006, 02:09:33 pm »
What if we each had the courage to bring into our own lives what we wanted Jack and Ennis to be able to do?
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2006, 02:17:05 pm »
What if we were all so balanced and healthy and complete that the tragedy of BBM hadn't touched a single one of us?
Do you think there is a single individual that can claim that he/she is so balanced and healthy and complete?  Many people may look that way from the outside, but inside I think everyone feels something is missing in their life, in themselves.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2006, 02:20:03 pm »
What if the movie had been released in 1963? Or 1973? Or 1983? Or 1993? Or 2013?

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2006, 04:50:14 pm »
What if there was no such thing as "GAY"?

Then I guess you and I could finally get together, hunh cowboy???  ;)

*Ray runs to the bathroom gagging*

:laugh: :laugh:
Chut up!

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2006, 05:10:45 pm »
Then I guess you and I could finally get together, hunh cowboy???  ;)

Sheyne,

If that's true, don't you think you are facing some serious competition here?  I suspect that you have to fight off a few people before you and Ray can get together.  Though you are definitely at an advantageous position, given your taekwondo skills and geo location ;D.

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2006, 09:38:57 pm »
Hahahahaha, well don't I feel special!  I have to confess that I'm not really gay.  It's a ruse I use to get girls to notice me.., that and my orange and yellow tie dye shirt!
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2006, 09:50:10 pm »
Hahahahaha, well don't I feel special!  I have to confess that I'm not really gay.  It's a ruse I use to get girls to notice me.., that and my orange and yellow tie dye shirt!

OMG - (Celeste truly laughing out loud - very loud - at this).  I can only guess how hot you look in that shirt - no really.  I mean hot.  Literally.

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2006, 04:24:08 am »
Sheyne,

If that's true, don't you think you are facing some serious competition here?  I suspect that you have to fight off a few people before you and Ray can get together.  Though you are definitely at an advantageous position, given your taekwondo skills and geo location ;D.

Oh Jenny, you made me laugh..

Yeah, Ray's about a half hour drive from my place. Lets just say that gives me a reasonable headstart to y'all..  ;D

And while I do have TKD training, I've also had to swear an oath to never misuse it...

*sheyne ponders whether "that beotch is stealing my man" constitutes actual misuse*  ;D ;D
Chut up!

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2006, 06:13:12 am »
What if the movie had been released in 1963? Or 1973? Or 1983? Or 1993? Or 2013?
Oh! I had a similar "what if..". Let's think of something else.. hm.. What if Ennis and Jack had been born in 1964 and their story had started in 1983 and had 'finished' around now?

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -