Author Topic: OT: Movie recommendations  (Read 29786 times)

vkm91941

Re: OT: Movie recommendations
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2006, 08:57:37 pm »
It was good, infact talking about with ya'all are making me want to get the DVD out and watch it again..  ;)

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2006, 09:40:41 pm »
Yep it has a lot of gorgeous scenery that reminded me of Brokeback

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2006, 11:50:18 am »
Its been a LONG time since I've seen it but what do ya'll think of Good Will Hunting

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2006, 12:57:29 pm »
I used to LOVE good will Hunting.  It's been a while since I've seen it though, but something tells me I'd still like it.  Did you watch it recently or just thinking of pulling it out of your massive DVD collection?
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2006, 12:59:46 pm »
I used to LOVE good will Hunting.  It's been a while since I've seen it though, but something tells me I'd still like it.  Did you watch it recently or just thinking of pulling it out of your massive DVD collection?

I was watchin Patch Adams and thought about Robin Williams and thought I'd watch it again... :)

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2006, 01:06:51 pm »
patch adams is a good one too! though, I don't really remember it that well  :-\
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

vkm91941

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2006, 01:18:15 pm »
speaking of J-lo earlier reminded me of one with her in it that I loved, for James Caviezeil's performance...any one remember "Angel Eyes"...Jared and I watched again yesterday afternoon.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2006, 07:35:45 pm »
Its been a LONG time since I've seen it but what do ya'll think of Good Will Hunting

I thought it was good up until near the end, when the movie "Ordinary People' did a much better job with the psychiastrist-finally-breaking-through scene.

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2006, 05:48:57 am »
Hey Brokies!

Like many of you, I too have not seen alot of movies after BBM.      Although I did go see the New (remake) Poseiden Adventure.  That was good.    I liked the original beter I think.   You just can't replace Shelly Winters!  LOL

But the real reason I'm posting is about a movie I watched on the plane home from my vacation (Holiday).      It is called "Last Holiday"   It stars (believe it or not ) Queen Latifa.   She is a Dept store sales associate in New Orleans  who finds out that she has 6 weeks to live.   She decides to live out every dream she had.     I laughed, I cried, I liked it so much I watched it twice on the plane!     It is one of those feel good movies that leaves you warm and fuzzy afterwards.   

I just noticed that is out at the Rental places now.     GO get it!   It is very good!

http://www.lastholidaymovie.com/

David, thankyou for the recommendation.  I loved it. We all need to turn the book of possibilities into a book of realities!
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2006, 01:32:10 am »
I thought it was good up until near the end, when the movie "Ordinary People' did a much better job with the psychiastrist-finally-breaking-through scene.

I agree Del... I also wanted to add that I absolutely LOVE Ordinary People, one of my all time favorite movies.