Author Topic: Brokies 'Neath the Full Moon--Central Park Picnic, Sunday June 11  (Read 12523 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Hey, New York area Brokies, on Sunday evenin' we can all smarten up and head over to Central Park for the social!   No fire and brimstone crowd here, though.  Just Brokies chowing down on beans and potato salad and apple pie.  As Alma says, "I think it'd be nice."  :D

So far it's just Jenny (newyearsday) and me, since John Gallagher has a date with a hot nurse that night.  ;)  (We'll paw some white outta the moon for you, John!).  But we're hoping some more of you will come out, like the Buffalo Gals, and dance by the light of the moon with us.  8)

Moonrise is 9:02 pm, so we should count on being there at least as late as 10:00, I think.  How about we meet at an agreed spot (to be determined by PM) and head into the park with our gear at about 6:00?  The sun sets at 8:28, so we'll have plenty of time before we light the symbolic campfire (candles, that is).

Out-of-towners, if you're worried about getting back that night, you might think of staying over with me.  I live not far from the park and have a sofabed that sleeps two, and we can make shift for a couple more, if it comes to that.  My roommate is an incredibly understanding soul and will just step over the bodies on her way to work the next day.  ;)  I don't have to work on Monday, so we could all go out for a hearty cowboy breakfast before heading our separate ways. (And we could watch a certain DVD into the wee hours, too).  8)

So, can y'all join us?  Say "You bet!"   ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

slayers_creek_oth

Re: Brokies 'Neath the Full Moon--Central Park Picnic, Sunday June 11
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 08:26:14 pm »
Howcome there are never any get togethers in Utah?  LOL

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 09:14:01 pm »
Awww, wish I could be there!  :'( That's my birthday, that would be a great way to spend it!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 10:12:21 pm »
Oboy, I'd come to Utah, Chris!  Just tell me the time and place.  ;D

We'll raise a glass to you, littleguitar, and to the San Francisco Brokies, and John Gallagher, and everybody on Chez Tremblay, and everybody on BetterMost, and Jack, and Ennis, and Annie Proulx, and Ang Lee.......and, well, by then it'll be too late to go up to them sheep, so we'll raise a glass to them, too..... :P
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 07:57:44 am »
Hey Meryl and all Northeast area brokies! Come on down to Central Park on Sunday and we'll have ourselves some high class entertainment!

I'll look for a cherry cake recipe, so we can finally offer some real cake 'stead a virtual cake and coffee all a time.

Where's Amy, HobokenJeff, Jeff Wrangler, Fopper, Karl, David, and all the rest of our NY vicinity brokies?

Guess we gotta start PMin' people!

I'm setting up a booth at the Brooklyn Pride festival on Saturday so I'll have some good stories I hope.

And I just got drunk last night with DeeDee, so I'm on a roll here. We had a blast! I'm still recovering. Thanks for a great time talkin and drinkin, D!

See you all for supper Sunday!

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 10:11:23 am »
Howcome there are never any get togethers in Utah?  LOL

You just gotta organize one, Chris. Ain't that hard, pick a date, pick a place...brokies are like lemmings, someone will show up!

L
xo
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 01:14:50 pm »
Aww man...that's the weekend I'll be in San Fran....well maybe the next time around!  Have fun yall!

Juan
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 03:52:07 pm »
Aww man...that's the weekend I'll be in San Fran....well maybe the next time around!  Have fun yall!

Juan

Darn it!   And I was going to crash at Juans house!    ::)

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006, 05:47:10 pm »
Oh now he tells me!  Why I oughtta.....  ::)
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2006, 06:24:56 pm »
Stop it! Just stop it right there! Why do you guys always have things like this that I couldn't come to even if I had all the money in the world? Actually more importantly: Why don't I live in the US? I wish more of you would live in Europe, I know we are meeting in September but that is so far away and I want to meet you now damn it. Also if we are doing the Alberta thing that still means I have to wait until next summer cause even if you guys don't come I am still going hell or high-water.
I really want to meet you guys, it is so frustrating!  >:(

But I hope you all have fun....even if it is without me so you wont have as much fun as you would, but I am sure you can live with yourselves. ;D
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.