Author Topic: Brokies 'Neath the Full Moon--Central Park Picnic, Sunday June 11  (Read 12524 times)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Brokies 'Neath the Full Moon--Central Park Picnic, Sunday June 11
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2006, 06:34:35 pm »
Well,  believe it or not, we were talking about this yesterday at lunch.   

Tell you what, we need one central place for ALL Brokies to gather for a big convention.     Not this year.  This will take a year to plan.   We will need to join forces with the other BBM groups.  Mainly the Dave Cullen group.

Goals:  For all of us to get our scrawny asses together where we can see the mountains!   

Requirements:   It must be a big city with a major airport and major hotels.

This rules out Riverton, WY.   Alberta is a choice, but still out of the way for the majority of people.     We were thinking DENVER, Colorado.     Fairly centralized,  lots of Hotels and a huge airport.   Plenty of Country Western appeal.  And a view of the Rockie Mountains that will make you think you are on Brokeback!   

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2006, 08:12:54 pm »
So near yet how so far!

Hey Meryl and Jenny, I'm so sad I can't make the full moon festivities in Central Park, but I'm stuck in the hospital (New York's Lenox Hill, 77th Street and Park, can you believe it!), and I've been told that I can't even eat or drink after Sunday night--I'm thinking I WILL need whiskey after this!

I know you will all have a wonderful time, and I'll look and see if I can see a sliver of the moon out the window. Just one thing--

Are there any male nurses who look any like Jake or Ennis?

Looking forward to the next one--and beyond (in 2007, Alberta, Colorado, Wyoming, wherever you like)!

John
xxxxxxxx
 ;D 
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2006, 08:57:12 pm »
Oh, John, we'll try to arrange for an Ennis or Jake-like nurse to look in  on you!  We'll miss you mightily.  Can't wait for that wonderful Alberta rendezvous!  :-*  :-*  :-*

David, it's all well and good to talk about next year, but what about Sunday?  Are you going to grace us with your presence?  Please say yes!  8)

Juan, I'm so glad you'll be with the West Coast Brokies.  I know you will represent us honorably!  Have a wonderful time!  :-*  :-*  :-*

Hey, Becky, hold on girl!  The time will come when you'll be with us, and then we'll have a right Yeehaw! good time!  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2006, 05:34:27 am »

Are there any male nurses who look any like Jake or Ennis?

I have a premonition of a new thread over on Anything Goes..."Just for John: Hot Male Nurses..."

L
xoxo
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline nakymaton

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka Mel
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2006, 10:16:19 am »
Requirements:   It must be a big city with a major airport and major hotels.

This rules out Riverton, WY.   Alberta is a choice, but still out of the way for the majority of people.     We were thinking DENVER, Colorado.     Fairly centralized,  lots of Hotels and a huge airport.   Plenty of Country Western appeal.  And a view of the Rockie Mountains that will make you think you are on Brokeback!   

How about a dude ranch/guest ranch within driving distance of a major airport? Someplace that a big group could take over but be isolated from the rest of the world? How many people are you thinking of... I know one place (though about four hours from a major airport) that can house something like 100, 150 people.

Denver's so... crowded. Sterile. Smoggy. Bad traffic. Can't feel the wind, can't see the rocks there. Conventions there are cheaper than in San Francisco, but still really expensive.
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2006, 10:20:58 am »
I'd love love love to do a dude ranch!!

I would sooooo save to do this and even better I'd meet you guys too!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2006, 11:06:48 pm »
Wouldn't it be great? Nakymaton Mel and Kelda have the idea there, I think--wouldn't it be great if Ennis and Jack could open a dude ranch?!

Wait a minute--aren't I getting Alternate Universe fanfic mixed up with (so-called) "reality"--???

Leslie, you got me for a moment--and Meryl was just saying if there were any male nurses who look any like Jake or Ennis for me at the hospital!

So, why DON'T Ennis and think about nursing as a profession, I think they'd be great!

Uh-oh--hmmm. I think the Heparin is a little high again!

Anyway, I DO think a dude ranch is a great idea!

xxxx
John
 ::)

« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 11:10:38 pm by jmmgallagher »
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2006, 11:55:53 pm »
Wouldn't it be great? Nakymaton Mel and Kelda have the idea there, I think--wouldn't it be great if Ennis and Jack could open a dude ranch?!

Wait a minute--aren't I getting Alternate Universe fanfic mixed up with (so-called) "reality"--???

Leslie, you got me for a moment--and Meryl was just saying if there were any male nurses who look any like Jake or Ennis for me at the hospital!

So, why DON'T Ennis and think about nursing as a profession, I think they'd be great!

Uh-oh--hmmm. I think the Heparin is a little high again!

Anyway, I DO think a dude ranch is a great idea!

John, it sounds like Heparin has an effect similar to Brokeback Fever!  ;D

I think Jack and Ennis would look very fetching in those scrubs that male nurses wear.  They could flip me over and give me a sponge bath any time.  ;)

Boy howdy, a dude ranch sounds lots more fun than a hotel!  I still think it'd be worth looking into the accommodations near Calgary, though.  They're used to hosting the Calgary Stampede ever summer, which is a huge rodeo, so there would be plenty of places to stay.   We could visit the film locations, too.  8)

Well, it looks like just Jenny and me will be sitting under the full moon this Sunday in the park, unless some more NY Brokies sign up.  C'mon you guys!  :P
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline nakymaton

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka Mel
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2006, 12:15:06 am »
http://www.kananaskisguestranch.com/accommodations.htm

http://www.tourismcanmore.com/

http://www1.travelalberta.com/Stories/index.cfm?action=display&storyID=180

Have google, will travel. Or something. (Lookit the pictures, ok? Lookit. *drools* Meryl knows what those kinds of pictures do to me.)
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2006, 02:04:40 am »
Thanks for those links, mel.  They make me even more eager to head out to Alberta, especially the third one with all the film locations listed.  The mountains ain't bad either!  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...