Author Topic: Brokies 'Neath the Full Moon--Central Park Picnic, Sunday June 11  (Read 12463 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Brokies 'Neath the Full Moon--Central Park Picnic, Sunday June 11
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2006, 04:49:21 am »
Dear John--

I just read this on a nurse bulletin board, thought it would make you smile:

"You remember that horrible song "Where have all the cowboys gone"? They have all become nurses, that's where."

LOL

Leslie
xoxoxo
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2006, 07:00:26 am »
I'd love love love to do a dude ranch!!

I would sooooo save to do this and even better I'd meet you guys too!!

LOVE that idea too! I'm actually planning to take riding lessons again, so that I'll be fit for Alberta (or wherever you plan the big gathering!).

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Brokies Energy Will Be Very High this Weekend
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2006, 09:40:24 am »
HOw did Central Park morph into a dude ranch in Alberta!?! But, anyway, there will be brokie meetings in 3 places in the U.S. this weekend. Latjoreme (Katherine) and I (Lee) will have a Rocky Mountain high meeting on Saturday at high noon, and we'll raise a toast to you guys in SF and NY. For you who are meeting in NY, please wave to my daughter (dubbed Front-Ranger Jr. by Will) who will be passing over about that time on her way to Ireland for her graduation celebration tour and vacation. Thanks!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2006, 09:50:12 am »
HOw did Central Park morph into a dude ranch in Alberta!?! But, anyway, there will be brokie meetings in 3 places in the U.S. this weekend. Latjoreme (Katherine) and I (Lee) will have a Rocky Mountain high meeting on Saturday at high noon, and we'll raise a toast to you guys in SF and NY. For you who are meeting in NY, please wave to my daughter (dubbed Front-Ranger Jr. by Will) who will be passing over about that time on her way to Ireland for her graduation celebration tour and vacation. Thanks!!
LOL--that's what I was thinking Lee! ;D ;D

But hey, I'm glad we are talking about this finally. Me and Becky have been dreaming about Alberta next summer and her parents even agreed to change their travel plans to come in JULY instead of AUGUST since Aug is an unhappy month in our BBM calendar--if that ain't love, what is? So I am still pulling for a Canadian meeting next July, but I love the direction this thread is going nevertheless!

Now as for the Central Park meeting, it might just be me and the high priestess! Meryl, we could get down to some ceremonial business but it would be a little lonely  :'(

Maybe a kay-yote will come to keep us company.  ;)
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2006, 09:06:17 am »
Love to everyone tonight in the park, Lenox Hill, dude ranches, and under the full moon.

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2006, 10:49:50 am »

Now as for the Central Park meeting, it might just be me and the high priestess! Meryl, we could get down to some ceremonial business but it would be a little lonely  :'(

Maybe a kay-yote will come to keep us company.  ;)

We are, all of us, there in spirit.  I swear.
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2006, 11:28:39 am »
I want a full and I mean FULL report when you come back. And pictures, lots of them!

But hey, I'm glad we are talking about this finally. Me and Becky have been dreaming about Alberta next summer and her parents even agreed to change their travel plans to come in JULY instead of AUGUST since Aug is an unhappy month in our BBM calendar--if that ain't love, what is? So I am still pulling for a Canadian meeting next July, but I love the direction this thread is going nevertheless!

Yep that meant alot of begging on my part but they eventually agreed on July. Unfortunately I will not be able to make it for the rodeo as I am still doing exams at that time(exams or trying to spot potential Jack's...I know which one I would prefer) but I have scheduled our holiday so that I don't miss my exams(wouldn't want to do that now, would I?), we are there long enough(although 2weeks doesn't seem long enough to me) and I am back in time to collect my results. We may not be in kananaskis when there is a full moon 30th July, but if you want I can try and jiggle it about a bit.

Anyway sorry I am interupting this thread again, please continue.
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2006, 12:01:51 pm »
Elle and Becky, thanks for the good wishes!   :-*

Jenny and I just talked, and we're going to visit John in the hospital this afternoon.  We'll raise a glass or cup of something non-alcoholic to the Brokies out west and all over the world, and to Jack and Ennis, and to the full moon.   8)

We're going to postpone the picnic, however, til John is well enough to join us and we can hopefully get a few more Brokies to come.  Maybe in July, if the army don't get us.  ;)

So from the High Priestess, here's a solemn Yeehaw and three S'alright's for tonight's Feast of the Consummation.  Go ye and have fun!  :D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline alec716

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2006, 01:55:42 pm »
Excellent ideas forming on this thread ... who knows what could come of it.  I was thinking about inviting everyone to watch BBM projected drive-in movie style on the 40 foot wall of a barn I own near Niagara Falls, but I just found out that the foundation is rotted and the whole building has to come down (UGH, nightmare).   Anyone else have a really big wall?  Picture us around campfires, drinkin' whiskey or whatever, cheering for our heroes .... could happen!  Cheers to all.
"... he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream."

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2006, 02:58:58 pm »
We have full moon (in Eastern seaboard) as of 2:03pm--and it will rise over Central Park at 9:02pm and rises tomorrow morning at 5:39am after daylight--

Beautiful!

U.S. Naval Observatory
Astronomical Applications Department

Sun and Moon Data for One Day
The following information is provided for New York, New York (longitude W73.9, latitude N40.7):

Sunday   
        11 June 2006          Eastern Daylight Time         

SUN
        Begin civil twilight       4:51 a.m.                 
        Sunrise                    5:24 a.m.                 
        Sun transit               12:55 p.m.                 
        Sunset                     8:27 p.m.                 
        End civil twilight         9:00 p.m.                 

MOON
        Moonrise                   7:54 p.m. on preceding day
        Moon transit              12:21 a.m.                 
        Moonset                    4:45 a.m.                 
        Moonrise                   9:02 p.m.                 
        Moonset                    5:39 a.m. on following day

Full Moon on 11 June 2006 at 2:03 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time.

(Can you believe--the 'Powers That Be' just gave me an untethered to the IV for a WHOLE HOUR (my Heparin count was a leetle bit high)--FREEDOM! Moon Power--I believe!)

« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 03:01:01 pm by jmmgallagher »
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"