Author Topic: OT: Why Heath cried  (Read 8768 times)

slayers_creek_oth

OT: Why Heath cried
« on: June 08, 2006, 11:02:32 am »
HEATH Ledger's father has revealed how the Hollywood star "cried all night" after being sprayed with water pistols by paparazzi pests at the Australian premiere of Brokeback Mountain.

Kim Ledger told how his son called to say he wanted to sell his Sydney home and trade life in Australia for a permanent base in the US.
"Heath had to go into the cinema and introduce that film soaking wet -- and I can tell you this: he cried all night after that incident," Mr Ledger said.

"He rang me afterwards and said: 'Dad, that's it -- sell the house.' "

Mr Ledger received the phone call hours after the January film premiere, where three photographers sprayed the star and his partner, actor Michelle Williams, with water pistols.

One said it was to teach Ledger manners after 18 months of bad behaviour.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,19401705%255E2902,00.html

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: OT: Why Heath cried
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 11:20:27 am »
Who had bad behavior? Jeeesh....

I read that he and Michelle were supposed to be in Australia for several months on that trip...left after 10 days. Came back to NY and put his Australian beach house on the market and it sold in 4 days.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 11:30:21 am by lnicoll »
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 11:27:21 am »
that makes me really sad  :-\
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 11:39:01 am »
that makes me really sad  :-\

I know....poor guy!

Offline opinionista

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 12:22:47 pm »
I read, (I think it was here at BetterMost) that paparazzis were harrassing him for quite sometime, that they even showed up at his house and began knocking on the door very late at night. That's abuse. I wonder why they cannot get some sort of legal protection. I understand they're public figures, but a line should be drawn. They're also people.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 12:34:33 pm »
I read, (I think it was here at BetterMost) that paparazzis were harrassing him for quite sometime, that they even showed up at his house and began knocking on the door very late at night. That's abuse. I wonder why they cannot get some sort of legal protection. I understand they're public figures, but a line should be drawn. They're also people.

Over on the "Candy" thread about Heath's new movie, there was mention of how obnoxious the paps were during several scenes that were being filmed--ruined one night scene completely and it had to be totally redone. When he came back to Australia for the BBM premiere they didn't let up.
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 12:47:04 pm »
In an interview Heath acknowledged that the water pistol incident was the last time he cried and that it completely broke his heart. He was so excited about his new home and was about to move in-turned around and sold it.

So so sad  :'(

O0

Heathen

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 12:51:48 pm »
In an interview Heath acknowledged that the water pistol incident was the last time he cried and that it completely broke his heart. He was so excited about his new home and was about to move in-turned around and sold it.

So so sad  :'(

O0

This just keeps getting worse! Poor guy, no one deserves that kind of treatment.... I hope he's happy in Brooklyn!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

vkm91941

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 12:52:06 pm »
He has just spent a small fortune renovating it too....

Heath seems to me to be a very sensitive fellow and these creeps have been hounding him and Michelle with increasing fierceness.  After the incredible success of Brokeback they were uncontrollable.  Something has to be done when people, no matter what their level of celebrity, cannot even feel safe in their own homes.  I don't blame Heath at all that "water" pistol incident would have left me totally shaken and in tears as well.

Anything could have been in those pistols, something harmful, he could not know that at first.  Shows what kind of guy he is that his first instinct was to protect Michelle.....and in their shoes with those Aussie stalkers I would never want my baby exposed to that.

I love that a couple of people in the crowd chased the one guy down, but never heard if he was arrested or not.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 01:11:32 pm by vkm91941 »

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 12:55:27 pm »
I completley agree Vic, it doesn't matter if he is a celebrity, a line has to be drawn somewhere.  I remember reading somewhere that in LA michelle would try to go to yoga class and get chased by the paps to the point that she would just turn around, go home and cry. That's terrible.