Author Topic: MTV MOVIE AWARDS  (Read 12056 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
MTV MOVIE AWARDS
« on: June 08, 2006, 07:28:36 pm »
If you know what time in your location, could you post it here?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 12:19:35 am by Ellemeno »

slayers_creek_oth

Re: MTV MOVIE AWARDS TONIGHT!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 07:30:24 pm »
7pm MST here in Utah!

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 07:34:23 pm »
NO!!!! I forgot they were on and can't watch them  >:(

oh well, knowing MTV they'll replay them three times a day everyday for the next three months, so I'm probably safe..... anyone know when it comes on in central standard time zone?
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 07:34:34 pm »
I just realized that I probably will miss it since I have a dinner date with a friend.  I am sure the part that we are interested will be posted soon on internet.  Enjoy!

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 07:35:41 pm »
NO!!!! I forgot they were on and can't watch them  >:(

oh well, knowing MTV they'll replay them three times a day everyday for the next three months, so I'm probably safe..... anyone know when it comes on in central standard time zone?

Yep they replay 2 times tonight....and countless times over the next week...

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 07:36:34 pm »
9 PM here on the East Coast.  Of the States that is.    ;)

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 07:36:53 pm »
sweet, I'll watch them when i get home then.... I also think I might try out that new show windfall tonight... anyone else?
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 08:29:30 pm »
Pre-show starts like now, 7:30 PM, show starts at 8PM in Central Standard time zone, but it'll be repeated A LOT.

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 08:50:54 pm »
Okay...who else saw Hayden Christensen get out of that SUV dressed just like the male friend accompanying him (bf? Oh, I'm led to think so)?

*On the MTV Movie Awards Pre-Show Blue Carpet arrival segment......

« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 09:05:59 pm by Flashframe777 »
"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 09:03:24 pm »
Okay...who else saw Hayden Christensen get out of that SUV dressed just like the male friend accompanying him (bf? Oh, I'm led to think so)?

Hunh?

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 09:28:29 pm »
I jusr made a dash for the TV, knocking over ec=verything in my pathg--and my TVC hgas conked, or somethiung.  BETTEER be on LOTS...I read the reports. Jake saying to Heath "I couldn't have done it without you." HEE...
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2006, 09:55:13 pm »
7pm MST here in Utah!

Aren't you on daylight savings time in Utah, Chris?
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2006, 11:08:01 pm »
Just watched it!     Gotta Love Jake!   He gave a nice acceptance speach for each award won.

And I thought his comment on the Best Kiss Award was interesting.    He said "I want to say thankyou from everyone struggling with Love, which is all of us".    Awww  poor Jakey struggling with Love.    We know who he should be with!   He should be with the person he kept thanking over and over.   Ahem, Heath!

When he went up on stage for the Best Performance Award, he pointed at the screen which showed him in the pickup truck crying. He said:"Thats the scene where I knew I'd get best performance".  Then he did his thankyou's.   I think Jake was trying to say "why didn't I get an Oscar for that?"    So at least he got the recognition here!     

ATTA BOY JAKE!      :-* :-* :-*

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2006, 04:47:17 am »
BELGIUM, Brussels - MTV on Saturday night (10 June 2006). Pre-show at around 8pm(?) and then it goes on until after 11pm (don't have the exact times).

CAN'T WAIT!!

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2006, 06:04:22 am »
Yes, it was worth sitting through almost 2 hours of shit to see J.G. say a few funny, serious, importsnt and unimportsnt words...too bsd no Heath...why does MTV nominate some great actoirs and some cruddfy ones/? I never esasw an MTV awards show before...on the whole, more entertaioning than the Oscars. but not up to the BAFTAs. I hope I am not as much of an expert on awards shows next year as this past one!

Guess I have to convert to beards...
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2006, 07:49:49 am »
Hey, did anyone else catch how when Eva Mendes and Justin Timberlake were going ON AND ON with that thinly-veiled double entendre about "ranch hand jobs" and "hard work," there was a shot of Jake in which he was rather clearly saying to his companions, "They didn't tell me about THIS."

Darn you, Jake.  You just made me adore you all the more.  'Cause that annoyed the CRAP outta me, too.  His acceptance speech was so lovely, though, I almost forgot all about it.

I'd just like to add that Justin Timberlake looked like hell.  Have a sandwich or ten, will ya?

Oh, and could Topher Grace get any cuter?  I have a sneaking suspicion he's next on the Crush Parade.
No more beans!

Offline David

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2006, 08:28:15 am »
Hi Barb!

Jake certainly was laughing at the Ranch "Hand Job" jokes though.   And I think it was done in pure fun, nothing mean spirited about the comments.  Not like Dennis Quaids "Rhymes with Chick Flick" comment.

Oh and Topher Grace DID look super cute last night.     And did you catch the ass slap that Justin gave Jake?    Gotta love male bonding!      ;D

Sigh......Jake

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2006, 09:45:08 am »
I particularly loved the look on Jake's face when Famke Jensson (sp?) and Rebecca Romain started taking their clothes off.... LOL.  He looked so embarrassed!  :laugh:

Offline David

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2006, 10:19:49 am »
Screen shot of Justin slapping Jakes Ass.

Caption:"Hmm, how could Heath resist this?"

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2006, 10:45:00 am »
Hi Barb!

Jake certainly was laughing at the Ranch "Hand Job" jokes though.   And I think it was done in pure fun, nothing mean spirited about the comments.  Not like Dennis Quaids "Rhymes with Chick Flick" comment.

Oh and Topher Grace DID look super cute last night.     And did you catch the ass slap that Justin gave Jake?    Gotta love male bonding!      ;D

Sigh......Jake

Oh, yeah.  I didn't think he was pissed at all.  Just kind of surprised.  And you're right - it was all in fun.  I can't put a finger on exactly why it irritated me, but it definitely did.  I guess I just felt like the ladies doth protested too much, ya know?

Sigh......Jake is right.  Just when I think he can't get any cuter......he does.

Looks like you and I are on the same wavelength - both Topher fans as well.  I'll tell you what, if Brokeback (and all those interviews Jake did in which he was such a doll as always) hadn't come along when it/they did, I'd have been in it deep for Topher after "In Good Company."  I really loved him in that.  Such an underrated actor - so subtle.  He made Dennis Quaid look like an amateur.
No more beans!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2006, 01:25:05 pm »
Yesterday, I had no idea when the show would be on, was flipping channels and found the show on channel 90 or something (Mtv Canada? - I had no idea I had that..LOL)..I got there just when Justin and Eva were about to give the award for Best Kiss!  I was sooooo happy!   :D

I thought the "ranch hand job" thing was funny!   ;D (Especially since they said it over and over and over..)lol
Jake was abit embarrassed and so cute!  :-*
All his acceptance speeches were great, especially the "I gotta thank my co-star, couldn't have done it without him.."
*sigh* I love me some Jake!

Offline RingerFanatic

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2006, 03:58:56 pm »
I thought it was funny when he accepted the Best Kiss Award....and after saying "it was worth it!" and the audience hooted and hollared....and then Jake said it again really slow...while looking at the strange popcorn award....."yep....it was definitely worth it." It was funny cuz it looked like he was thinking "what the fuck is this thing?" JT laughed. It was really cute.

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2006, 12:11:49 am »
 :) for anyone who missed the show, here is the clip of Jake and Heath winning from You tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoQj1EXq2jM

you gotta love Jake - the man doesn't do ugly in any sense of the word................... :D
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2006, 12:21:20 am »
:) for anyone who missed the show, here is the clip of Jake and Heath winning from You tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoQj1EXq2jM

you gotta love Jake - the man doesn't do ugly in any sense of the word................... :D

Thanks....its hillarious!

Offline YaadPyar

Re: MTV MOVIE AWARDS
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2006, 12:51:07 pm »
Here's the clip - very high resolution without any of the YouTube crap.  Enjoy!

http://www.malcontent.biz/video/bbm-kiss-hi.wmv
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2006, 04:35:34 pm »
I am sooo pissed off! >:( I have just found out that it started at 7:30 here and it is now 9:30 so it is fair enough to say that I have missed it. Grrrr :'( I don't even know if it is repeated. I was gonna get my friend to tape it for me cause I don't have MTV...I wonder why but now cause I didn't tell her a time as I forgot it was on today I can't tell her to tape it.

Btw great clip Celeste!
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2006, 10:44:52 pm »
Does anyone have an inside track over at imdb?  I was just checking that amazing chart of award wins and nominations near the bottom of the main Brokeback Mountain info page and I noticed that they haven't updated the situation for the MTV Movie Awards... It still just says "nominated" for the best kiss and best performance.  How long does it usually take over there for things to get updated?  If this remains wrong for too long, I'll begin to get worried about the statistics and info over there in general.
 :-\
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline FuzzyChanny

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "Youth is wasted on the young..."
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2006, 12:19:48 pm »
Something's funky with my Mtv Europe. I checked the Electronic Guide, it said it wasn't on, so I went on the website and it told me it'd be on last night. It was not. Maybe I should try Mtv Base...
I've learnt that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in!

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2006, 01:16:35 pm »
I am about to ring my friend and ask her if she can tape me the highlights cause they are repeated tonight, so fingers crossed for me. Plus it smells like cheese up here so I am going down stairs now, I will be on later.

P.s Where have you been Chan, you haven't been on in what seems like ages!
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline FuzzyChanny

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2006, 02:07:50 pm »
I've been here, I just haven't said much for a while.
I've learnt that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in!

Offline FuzzyChanny

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2006, 03:16:05 pm »
I found them. If I had checked Mtv Base when I orginally mentioned it I would have seen it, but unfortuantely, I only did it now and it had just finished. Luckily it will be on next weekend, the whole weekend, on both Mtv Base and Mtv Europe. Unfortunately, I am going to be in Cape Town next weekend.

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2006, 03:41:14 pm »
Awww didums! I am sure you aren't missing much, I mean it is only the MTV Awards also you can find the Jake clips on here somewhere if you look hard enough, cause I know I posted atleast one. Not to rub your face in it but my friend has agreed to tape it for me, so I will tell you if you are missing much tomorrow.

Offline FuzzyChanny

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2006, 03:46:44 pm »
Well I can tape it. But I like to just have the Jake bits. It's on on Tuesday too, but not at the greatest time. Can anyone tell me aproximately how far into the show he is on please?

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2006, 06:39:07 pm »
Can anyone tell me aproximately how far into the show he is on please?

I'm pretty sure both of his awards are within the first half, but I could be wrong.

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2006, 09:04:50 pm »
Best Kiss is about half an hour into it. It started at 7:30pm in CST.

EDIT TO ADD: Jake's awards are over by about 65 minutes into the show.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 09:44:14 pm by cmr107 »

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2006, 09:51:45 pm »
Does anyone have an inside track over at imdb?  I was just checking that amazing chart of award wins and nominations near the bottom of the main Brokeback Mountain info page and I noticed that they haven't updated the situation for the MTV Movie Awards... It still just says "nominated" for the best kiss and best performance.  How long does it usually take over there for things to get updated?  If this remains wrong for too long, I'll begin to get worried about the statistics and info over there in general.
 :-\

I'll post this here too...

It took IMDb three weeks to finally update it when BBM won the GLAAD Award....it will happen...its just SLOOOOOOW!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2006, 10:09:06 pm »
thanks for the info Chris!
 :)
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline FuzzyChanny

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2006, 02:46:56 pm »
Best Kiss is about half an hour into it. It started at 7:30pm in CST.

EDIT TO ADD: Jake's awards are over by about 65 minutes into the show.

Thanks so much. That's kinda irritating, cos it's the first hour I can't really watch. Don't mean to be persistant, but can anyone tell me the approximate times each award is on (or am I the only freak who does this)?

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2006, 04:16:46 pm »
Don't mean to be persistant, but can anyone tell me the approximate times each award is on (or am I the only freak who does this)?

Best Kiss is about half an hour in, Best Performance is about an hour in, but neither of those are exact. Just happened to notice...