Author Topic: Lead Me to Your Door by marakeshsparrow  (Read 63907 times)

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
Re: Lead Me to Your Door by marakeshsparrow
« Reply #160 on: November 22, 2006, 03:32:09 am »
Weknow you CANNOT be rushed, Jess.
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline marakeshsparrow

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #161 on: November 27, 2006, 08:37:39 pm »
SPoiler anyone?

Two of Us, Chapter 1: At Close Range, Spoiler  (sorry it's a little long and it's edited slightly for room)

There was a little moment of pause on her side of the line.  “Well, actually Jack, I’m really glad you picked up.”

Jack pursed his lips out of surprise and turned on the stove.  “Really?  There somethin’ you want to discuss? You’re Dad’s birthday’s already passed…” Maybe she wanted early ideas for Christmas…

Alma Junior cleared her throat.  “No it’s nothin’ like that, just wanted to speak with you in particular.  You might want to, uh…did you say Daddy was out in the stables?”

“Yup.”

“So you’re alone?”

Jack frowned.  “What are you on about now?  This don't seem like you.  Has somethin' bad happened?”

“Well, no, but….you may want to sit down.”

“Tell me what’s wrong.”

“Alright.”  There was a shuffle and Jack assumed she was making herself comfortable or maybe walking into another room so she could have some privacy.

“Well I was on the Internet earlier today, because I was looking to order this Wiggles video for Aidan.  I figured he could use something other than all those cartoons and Power Rangers he likes normally.”

Jack had to wonder where this was going, but he figured she hadn’t gotten to the point yet, and so he kept his mouth shut and listened.

“Well I got a little sidetracked by this article I found about Heath Ledger.  Do you know the actor?”

Jack thought back for the name, couldn’t come up with anything.  “I don’t think so.”

“He was in the Patriot and Monster’s Ball.”

“That one with Billy Bob Thorton?”

“Yeah, that’s it, he played the son.”

Jack tried to remember what he looked like.  Could remember the movie though, definitely, it struck home a little for him.  “That was a sad movie.”

“Yeah.  Anyway, I clicked on the link because I always thought Heath Ledger was pretty handsome, even though he’s just a kid. So I was reading this article about one of Heath’s upcoming movies.  He’s got a few coming out, but there was one that they mentioned that happened to catch my eye.”

Jack was a little confused.  “Junior, what exactly does this have to do with anything?  I mean, I hate to sound short, but I don’t see what sort of connection you’re tryin’ ta make.”

“That’s what I’m about to get to.”  She took in a breath.  “Oh God.  I don’t even think I can say it.”

“Well, try it out, and I’ll tell you what I think.”

“That’s what I’m afraid of, but I know you and Daddy hardly ever go online.  You’d never of discovered it till it was already in the theatres and they were showing previews on television.”

Jack poured the soup into the pot and pulled out another skillet for the sandwiches.  “Go on, honey.  I won’t be upset.”

“Jack, do you remember that book you showed me when I came down to visit a couple years back?”
To be continued  ;) ;) ;) ;)

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #162 on: November 27, 2006, 10:21:29 pm »
Oh BOY!

You know, Jess, one thning you never did..I don't THINK...is tell us exactly what your Kack and Ennis look like. And especially: LOOKED like, when they were young.

I am PMing you---I have sat waiing for comcast to tell me why my e-mail letter didn't go through for one and a half hours; I'll try again at midnight....
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline marakeshsparrow

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #163 on: November 28, 2006, 07:18:50 pm »
Oh BOY!

You know, Jess, one thning you never did..I don't THINK...is tell us exactly what your Kack and Ennis look like. And especially: LOOKED like, when they were young.

I am PMing you---I have sat waiing for comcast to tell me why my e-mail letter didn't go through for one and a half hours; I'll try again at midnight....

He he, yes this is something I was trying to avoid.  Just because I didn't really want to address this...directly.  I might decide to mention it in later chaps.

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #164 on: November 28, 2006, 08:13:08 pm »
Just wanted to say that this looks like a very interesting premise.

When are you planning on publishing it?

Karen

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #165 on: November 29, 2006, 09:56:34 am »
SPoiler anyone?

To be continued  ;) ;) ;) ;)

Wooeeeee!  :) ;D :D :) ;D :D
I was waiting patiently for the sequel until now. But now you have me on pins and needles again with this promising little teaser. And somehow I got a feeling that you're grinning right now  ;D
Please don't make us wait so long. *already practising for a little happy dance here*

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #166 on: November 29, 2006, 11:27:59 am »
Wooeeeee!  :) ;D :D :) ;D :D
I was waiting patiently for the sequel until now. But now you have me on pins and needles again with this promising little teaser. And somehow I got a feeling that you're grinning right now  ;D
Please don't make us wait so long. *already practising for a little happy dance here*

She always does grin, and she has evil cliffhangers... >:( >:( >:(

Offline Companyofmen

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #167 on: November 30, 2006, 04:13:45 am »
Swing your partner, right and left grand,
alamande left with your left hand.
love to stay, but here's the scoop,
gotta go eat some mazohball soup...
long as marakeshsparrow's around
we'll land with our feet on solid ground.

oh yeah, it's me, twistedude again...
Reporter to Gandhi: What do you think of western civilization?
Gandhi: I think it would be a very good idea.

Offline marakeshsparrow

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #168 on: December 19, 2006, 02:12:08 pm »
Anyone want some sequel?  Hmmmm...???

Two of Us, chapter 1: At Close Range part 1

http://community.livejournal.com/brokebackslash/846490.html#cutid1

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #169 on: December 19, 2006, 03:58:33 pm »