Author Topic: Helping more IMDb refugees (take a moment to offer hope)  (Read 3389 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Helping more IMDb refugees (take a moment to offer hope)
« on: June 09, 2006, 11:20:47 am »
Hi Everyone,

With Phillip's blessing, I have been posting about the wonders of BetterMost on the IMDb BBM board. I would appreciate it if others here could add a thought or two on what you enjoy about BetterMost.  Here is the thread.  (The thread has been deleted once, and vandalized once, so if you don't find it, or find unpleasantness posted on it, could you PM me?)  Thanks, Clarissa

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0388795/board/flat/45302886
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 11:42:29 am by Ellemeno »

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Helping more IMDb refugees (take a moment to offer hope)
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 11:41:55 am »
I was thinking maybe it's time to rename ourselves?     Newbies will have no idea what Chez Tremblay refers to.     Is it time we call ourselves the "IMDB refugees" or just "Brokies Ranch"??

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 11:44:01 am »
I was thinking maybe it's time to rename ourselves? 

Hm, David, that might be worth a fresh thread of its own, so people could find it.  Or even a poll?

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 11:27:29 pm »
Heya Ellemeno!
Well, I went and posted in your thread on imdb as requested.  Wow it felt wierd to post over there.  It's been soooo long since I've said anything over there.  I had a little trip down nostalgia lane with the emoticons over there.  Awww... they were fun.  But BetterMost is better!

I LOVE both the name BetterMost and Chez Tremblay.  When I first heard of BetterMost through latjoreme, I thought it was just about the best name I could have possibly thought up for a Brokie site.  Also, I think Chez Tremblay is so much an important part of Brokie online culture now, it would be a huge shame to lose it as a name.  It's definitely confusing at first (as a name), but it takes only a minute to explain it.  I LOVE that BBM has led to a tradition like Chez Tremblay.

cheers
Amanda
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 01:48:59 am »
Amanda, I just started going over to IMDb again in the last week or so.  There was a thread up at the top that you had started a long time ago, I think.  Clarissa

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2006, 10:44:20 am »
Heya Ellemeno!
Well, I went and posted in your thread on imdb as requested.  Wow it felt wierd to post over there.  It's been soooo long since I've said anything over there.  I had a little trip down nostalgia lane with the emoticons over there.  Awww... they were fun.  But BetterMost is better!

I LOVE both the name BetterMost and Chez Tremblay.  When I first heard of BetterMost through latjoreme, I thought it was just about the best name I could have possibly thought up for a Brokie site.  Also, I think Chez Tremblay is so much an important part of Brokie online culture now, it would be a huge shame to lose it as a name.  It's definitely confusing at first (as a name), but it takes only a minute to explain it.  I LOVE that BBM has led to a tradition like Chez Tremblay.

cheers
Amanda

I agree, Amanda. And the whole story--how we landed on Pierre's site, tracking him down, the 10 questions, etc...I think we need to honor that by staying true to Chez Tremblay.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!