Author Topic: Come Take Marie's "Golden Girls" Quiz!!  (Read 3975 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Come Take Marie's "Golden Girls" Quiz!!
« on: September 26, 2008, 10:03:22 pm »
Hey everyone!! Marie posted a fun quiz the other day in my birthday thread and I need help with some of the answers! So I thought it would be fun if I posted the quiz in its own thread so others could take it too! :D

Are you a Golden Girls fan? How much do you know about the show? Take Marie's quiz and find out! I can answer only several of the questions so hopefully Marie will grade us at some point and tell us how well we all did! :)

1. In "The Break-In", the girls came back and found the house torn up and they'd been robbed. But what was REALLY stolen?

Sophia's clothes

Dorothy's stole and Blanche's jewelry

Dorothy's fur stole

Blanche's jewelry

2. When Rose had insomnia, she tried counting members of the Jackson family, how far along did she get?

"I counted from oldest to youngest, Rebbie, Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, Latoya, Marlon, Michael, Randy and Janet
Rebbie, Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, Latoya"

"Michael, Janet, Latoya, Tito, and then there's Stonewell Jackson, but I don't remember him from the Victory tour!"

"Michael, Janet, Jermaine, Randy...but I don't remember Rebbie from the Victory tour"

3.  In "One Flew Out of the Cuckoo's Nest Pt 1", Blanche hooked Dorothy up with her visiting uncle, Lucas. Who played Lucas in this depressing 2-parter?

Gavin Gorden

Burt Reynolds

Leslie Nielsen

Dick Van Dyke

4.  In "Not Another Monday", Sophia's friend Martha wanted to commit suicide. Martha was played by Geraldine Fitzgerald, she had another appearance on 'Golden Girls,' which episode?

Mother's Day

Sister's and Other Strangers

Triple Play

Day's and Nights of Sophia Petrillo

5.  In "72 Hours", Rose anxiously waited to hear if she was going to die from a worldwide known disease. What was it?

Herpes

Malaria

AIDS

Hepatitis

6.  In "Three on a Couch" the girls went to a shrink and remembered having problems with each other. The problem with Dorothy was one night, Blanche and Rose ran into her bed because they were scared of a movie, and Dorothy kicked them out, what movie was it?

Don't Look in the Basement

The Fly

Dementia, Daughter of Horror

ALIEN

7.  In "Flu Attack", Blanche, Dorothy and Rose came down with the flu and made each other miserable. Blanche wanted to watch a show and she and Dorothy got into a fight over what to watch. What was the show Blanche wanted to see?

The Brady Bunch

The Partridge Family

Another World

Bewitched

8.  Sophia often talks about her marriage when she was 14, an arranged marriage. But she talks about it a lot, and always changes some detail, one detail especially- the man whom she was supposed to marry. How many different men did she claim were her "first marriage"?

1, duh!

9.  In "Take Me Out of the Ball Game", Stan hired a fake doctor to look at Sophia, he introduced him as Dr. Jerry. Rose gave everyone a hint her last name was hard to spell, who had trouble spelling it?

Her boss

Rose did

Her mother

Her doctor

10.  In "Wham Bam Thank You Mammy" Blanche's nanny comes by for something that she gave to Big Daddy. Blanche gives it to her but it's not the right one, what is it?

Engagement ring

Portrait

Music box

Jewelry box

11.  In "The Case of the Libertine Bells" the girls go on a murder mystery weekend of fun, but when the host is really murdered, who becomes the Sam Spade of the girls?

Rose

Dorothy

Blanche

Sophia

12.   In "Where's Charlie?", Miles gives Rose a ring, and later Rose finds out Charlie's trying to contact her from beyond the grave due to a signal they worked out before he died, what was the signal?

The doorbell sounds like dogs barking

Blanche was accused of murdering a man

All the cantaloupe was on one side of the fruit salad

The brakes in her car stopped working

13.  In "The Operation", Dorothy is jittery over having a tumor in her foot removed, Sophia tells her to compare it to an operation she had in Sicily, what was removed?

Her appendix

A gallstone

Her kidney

Her tonsils

14.  In the pilot, the girls had hired a gay cook, and he left after the first show. What was his name?

Charlie

Coco

George

Salvadore

15.  The girls get tickets to see one of their favorite actors in a play.  When they stop for dinner, they are arrested for being prostitutes and thrown in jail.  Which actor are they trying to see?

Cesar Romero

Burt Reynolds

Lyle Waggoner

John Forsythe
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
Re: Come Take Marie's "Golden Girls" Quiz!!
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 10:30:29 pm »
1. In "The Break-In", the girls came back and found the house torn up and they'd been robbed. But what was REALLY stolen?

Sophia's clothes

Dorothy's fur stole

Blanche's jewelry

I THINK I remember Dorothy stole Blanche's jewelry.

2. When Rose had insomnia, she tried counting members of the Jackson family, how far along did she get?

"I counted from oldest to youngest, Rebbie, Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, Latoya, Marlon, Michael, Randy and Janet

"Michael, Janet, Latoya, Tito, and then there's Stonewell Jackson, but I don't remember him from the Victory tour!"

"Michael, Janet, Jermaine, Randy...but I don't remember Rebbie from the Victory tour"

I don't remember this episode for some reason Marie. But "and then there's Stonewell Jackson" sounds like something Rose would say!

3.  In "One Flew Out of the Cuckoo's Nest Pt 1", Blanche hooked Dorothy up with her visiting uncle, Lucas. Who played Lucas in this depressing 2-parter?

Gavin Gorden

Burt Reynolds

Leslie Nielsen

Dick Van Dyke

Leslie Nielsen? I'm not sure.

4.  In "Not Another Monday", Sophia's friend Martha wanted to commit suicide. Martha was played by Geraldine Fitzgerald, she had another appearance on 'Golden Girls,' which episode?

Mother's Day

Triple Play

Gosh, I don't know the answer. But I remember "Not Another Monday" and it was a very sweet episode. So I'm guessing again.... Sister's and Other Strangers! I'm wrong, aren't I? :laugh:

5.  In "72 Hours", Rose anxiously waited to hear if she was going to die from a worldwide known disease. What was it?

Herpes

Malaria

AIDS

Hepatitis

Herpes? But people generally don't die from herpes though, do they?

6.  In "Three on a Couch" the girls went to a shrink and remembered having problems with each other. The problem with Dorothy was one night, Blanche and Rose ran into her bed because they were scared of a movie, and Dorothy kicked them out, what movie was it?

The Fly

ALIEN

I remember this episode and I'm pretty sure the answer is "ALIEN".

7.  In "Flu Attack", Blanche, Dorothy and Rose came down with the flu and made each other miserable. Blanche wanted to watch a show and she and Dorothy got into a fight over what to watch. What was the show Blanche wanted to see?

The Brady Bunch

The Partridge Family

Another World

Bewitched

Once again I'm making a wild guess. Since it's Blanche I think she probably would want to watch Another World.

8.  Sophia often talks about her marriage when she was 14, an arranged marriage. But she talks about it a lot, and always changes some detail, one detail especially- the man whom she was supposed to marry. How many different men did she claim were her "first marriage"?

1, duh!

One?

9.  In "Take Me Out of the Ball Game", Stan hired a fake doctor to look at Sophia, he introduced him as Dr. Jerry. Rose gave everyone a hint her last name was hard to spell, who had trouble spelling it?

Her boss

Rose did

Her mother

Her doctor

Her mother?

10.  In "Wham Bam Thank You Mammy" Blanche's nanny comes by for something that she gave to Big Daddy. Blanche gives it to her but it's not the right one, what is it?

Engagement ring

Portrait

Music box

Jewelry box

For some reason I seem to remember a music box, but it may have been a jewelry box. But my answer is a music box.

11.  In "The Case of the Libertine Bells" the girls go on a murder mystery weekend of fun, but when the host is really murdered, who becomes the Sam Spade of the girls?

Rose

Dorothy

Blanche

Sophia

I think it was Rose.

12.   In "Where's Charlie?", Miles gives Rose a ring, and later Rose finds out Charlie's trying to contact her from beyond the grave due to a signal they worked out before he died, what was the signal?

I was thinking the answer was the doorbell sounded like barking dogs, but now that I've thought about it some more, I'm guessing the brakes in her car stopped working.

13.  In "The Operation", Dorothy is jittery over having a tumor in her foot removed, Sophia tells her to compare it to an operation she had in Sicily, what was removed?

Her appendix

A gallstone

Her kidney

Her tonsils

Her appendix?

14.  In the pilot, the girls had hired a gay cook, and he left after the first show. What was his name?

Charlie

Coco

George

Salvadore

I think his name was Coco.

15.  The girls get tickets to see one of their favorite actors in a play.  When they stop for dinner, they are arrested for being prostitutes and thrown in jail.  Which actor are they trying to see?

Cesar Romero

Burt Reynolds

Lyle Waggoner

John Forsythe

Burt Reynolds. I think I remember he later came to meet them in person.

Wow Marie! I don't think I did very well on this! :(

Thanks for posting it in my birthday thread. This was an excellent quiz! I think maybe it's time to get my Golden Girl DVDs out and watch them again. I'm forgetting the different episodes and all the fine details. Mom and I used to watch the GGs together each week. We both loved the show. :D

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 09:08:53 am »
I loved the Golden Girls and would never miss an episode. It was televised here in Australia in the late 80s-early 90s (I think). It evokes that entire era for me. We went to see Bea Arthur when she visited Sydney with her one-woman (plus pianist) stage show in 2000. Even though I loved the Golden Girls, it's been nearly 20 years since last I saw it, so don't feel I can answer this quiz. Maybe I should get the DVDs and try then.  :)

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 10:26:19 am »
David, to tell you the truth I wasn't sure of a lot of those answers myself!  I grabbed most of the questions from a GG triva quiz I found and I had to take the quiz myself to get the correct answers!   :laugh:  Surprisingly, I got 12 out of 15 correct, but I have to admit I totally guessed on some.  It's been a while since I've seen the shows, too.  I'll wait and see if anyone else wants to give it a try before I post the answers! :)

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 01:03:41 pm »

Sophia's clothes

Dorothy's fur stole

Blanche's jewelry

Gavin Gorden

Burt Reynolds

Leslie Nielsen

Dick Van Dyke

Mother's Day

Triple Play

Herpes

Malaria

AIDS

Hepatitis

The Fly

ALIEN

The Brady Bunch

The Partridge Family

Another World

Bewitched

1, duh!

Her boss

Rose did

Her mother

Her doctor

Engagement ring

Portrait

Music box

Jewelry box

Rose

Dorothy

Blanche

Sophia

Her appendix

A gallstone

Her kidney

Her tonsils

Charlie

Coco

George

Salvadore

Cesar Romero

Burt Reynolds

Lyle Waggoner

John Forsythe

It's amazing that I've watched the GG so many times and I hardly knew any of those answers!  :P :-\ 8)
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 10:53:31 am »
Oh, I'm answering the questions by changing the color of the answer I think is right.

Sophia's clothes

Dorothy's fur stole

Blanche's jewelry

Gavin Gorden

Burt Reynolds

Leslie Nielsen

Dick Van Dyke

Mother's Day

Triple Play

Herpes

Malaria

AIDS

Hepatitis

The Fly

ALIEN

The Brady Bunch

The Partridge Family

Another World

Bewitched

1, duh!

Her boss

Rose did

Her mother

Her doctor

Engagement ring

Portrait

Music box

Jewelry box

Rose

Dorothy

Blanche

Sophia

Her appendix

A gallstone

Her kidney

Her tonsils

Charlie

Coco

George

Salvadore

Cesar Romero

Burt Reynolds

Lyle Waggoner

John Forsythe

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 09:40:51 pm »
Oops - I almost forgot to give the answers!  Here they are in GREEN:

Sophia's clothes

DOROTHY'S FUR STOLE

Blanche's jewelry

"MICHAEL, JANET, LATOYA, TITO, AND THEN THERE'S STONEWAL JACKSON BUT I DON'T REMEMBER HIM FROM THE VICTORY TOUR!

Gavin Gorden

Burt Reynolds

LESLIE NIELSEN

Dick Van Dyke

NOTE:  DICK VAN DYKE DID GUEST START IN ANOTHER EPISODE AS DOROTHY'S BOYFRIEND - AN ATTORNEY WHO WANTED TO BECOME A CLOWN!

MOTHER'S DAY

Triple Play

Herpes

Malaria

AIDS

Hepatitis

The Fly

ALIEN

The Brady Bunch

The Partridge Family

ANOTHER WORLD

Bewitched

NOTE:  THE ACTRESS WHO PORTRAYED BLANCHE, RUE MCLANAHAN, APPEARED ON THE SOAP OPERA "ANOTHER WORLD" SO THAT WAS AN INSIDE JOKE.

1, duh!

Her boss

ROSE DID

Her mother

Her doctor

Engagement ring

Portrait

MUSIC BOX

Jewelry box

Rose

DOROTHY

Blanche

Sophia

ALL THE CANTALOUPE WAS ON ONE SIDE OF THE FRUIT SALAD

HER APPENDIX

A gallstone

Her kidney

Her tonsils

Charlie

COCO

George

NOTE:  CHARLIE WAS THE NAME OF ROSE'S LATE HUSBAND

Cesar Romero

BURT REYNOLDS (or as Blanche referred to him:  "Mr. Burt Reynolds")

Lyle Waggoner

John Forsythe

The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 10:39:59 pm »
Thanks for posting the answers Marie. And thanks for posting this quiz as a birthday gift to me! It was a lot of fun, although it appears I didn't do very good on it! :laugh:

I think I should brush up on the episodes by watching my GG DVDs pretty soon. :)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/