Author Topic: Friends... Romans... Tremblayans... it's cool, I'm calm, just a note on invites.  (Read 10331 times)

TheStudDuck

Re: -- FRIENDS, ROMANS, TREMBLAYAN CITIZENS... LEND ME YOUR EARS!!! --
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2006, 10:38:06 pm »
Yeah, I didn't mean for it to sound like some big lavish system of checks and balances... I just love analogies!

"Sometimes I miss you so much, I can hardly stand it..."

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2006, 10:39:19 pm »
I just think it'd be nice to say, "okay, these three people are doing the invites, let them do the invites and nobody else do them, that way we'll all know who is being invited and who isn't."

Folks have been pretty great about contacting me aleady (since all the invites came through me). 

You can follow anyone, anywhere on IMDb, and never know who's lurking.  Here, you can see the members present, posting, and even reading on every single thread.  Just look in the upper corner.  I can see that Chanterais is the latest member to join!
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2006, 10:41:11 pm »
We had no control at IMDb--we thought we did, we thought the admins were sympathetic to us, but we learned that lesson the hard way. I am hoping things are different here....meanwhile, David...relax. It will work out..I truly believe this!
Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2006, 10:42:09 pm »
I just think it'd be nice to say, "okay, these three people are doing the invites, let them do the invites and nobody else do them, that way we'll all know who is being invited and who isn't."

Folks have been pretty great about contacting me aleady (since all the invites came through me). 

You can follow anyone, anywhere on IMDb, and never know who's lurking.  Here, you can see the members present, posting, and even reading on every single thread.  Just look in the upper corner.  I can see that Chanterais is the latest member to join!

This place is 100 times better........no contest!

TheStudDuck

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2006, 10:43:54 pm »
Hehe... I know Leslie... I'm still a bit stressed out, I know... obviously I haven't had my "me time" yet.  I need to do that... perhaps after I get settled in here I would do a little bit of that.  I just love ya'll so much!

I forgot how much security we do have here... sadly I've been conditioned to feel very unsafe if I am not protecting myself

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2006, 10:49:20 pm »
Hi! I made it here! Registered here as Jeff Wrangler. 8^)
Thanks to Celeste and Leslie for both seeing I got the necessary info.
I guess I'm way behind the curve on this, but I'm in favor of having invites or requests for invitations channeled through the moderators. Isn't that the issue?
Jeff Wrangler, aka Jeff Scheib, aka JScheib, aka JLScheib ... you get the idea who I am. 8^)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Jeff, sweetie pie, welcome--

Notice my little personal pic (or whatever the heck it is called)--I have the dozy embrace!! Thanks to Hannah (my 14 almost 15) year old for that great little touch...:-)

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline YaadPyar

Hi! I made it here! Registered here as Jeff Wrangler. 8^)
I guess I'm way behind the curve on this, but I'm in favor of having invites or requests for invitations channeled through the moderators. Isn't that the issue?
Jeff Wrangler, aka Jeff Scheib, aka JScheib, aka JLScheib ... you get the idea who I am. 8^)

WELCOME Jeff.  Your multiple names gave me my biggest headache today.  I'm just going to remember this one name now, and remember it always.   :-*
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline YaadPyar

David - please check out the "...troll patrol" thread I started.  It'll make you feel better.

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2006, 11:28:46 pm »
I appreciate your sincerity but I feel like you are going a bit off the deep end. Voting for governments? Electing officers? Calm down, it will all work out. People are sorting themselves out on the inviting thing--it will work out.

Agreed

Agreed as well.
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.