Author Topic: The Hottest Jake - POLL!!  (Read 13250 times)

dmmb_Mandy

The Hottest Jake - POLL!!
« on: March 30, 2006, 10:15:54 pm »
Ok, I thought this might be fun. I want your input/opinions.
Here are different Jakes from a few of his different movies. Say in which one you think he is the hottest, and add a pic from another of his movies, if you like (how do I know that BBM will win by a landslide?):

A hot, young, screwed-up, interesting and sarcastic Jake is DD:

Or...A hot, young, needy, sensitive, vulnerable and lost Jake in The Good Girl:

Or...A hot, young, wet, desperate but brave Jake in The Day after Tomorrow:

Or...A hot, bald, buff and military Jake in Jarhead:

Or...A very hot, cute, sweet, sensitive, loving, lovable, bean-hating and Ennis-loving cowboy/rodeo Jake in BBM:

Or...A hot, smart, semi-high-voiced, musical, eager, sweet and intellectual Jake in Proof:

EnnisDelMar

Re: The Hottest Jake... (submit your opinion)
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 10:17:52 pm »
Definetly not in The Day After Tomorrow, it's a tough choice between Donnie and Buff Jake...I'd have to go with Donnie ;D

EDIT* Ok uhhh I'm gonna have to go with Jack on this one..followed then by Donnie, then Anthony, then Holden

Offline amh

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • C'mere, baby.
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 10:19:26 pm »
AW HELL!!!!!!!!! 

Are you trying to kill me Mandy?  Why don't you just ask me which one of my cats I love more?

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

P.S. I LOVE your descriptions for each!!!!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 10:29:09 pm by amh625 »
:-* This ain't no rodeo, cowboy.

Offline DeeDee

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 10:21:14 pm »
I'm gonna have to go with BBM and Proof a close second.  I think I like him a little older. ;D
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 10:21:47 pm »
ok - I vote for BBM only because he took me by surprise and made me realize, he has the most gorgeous blue eyes and sweet sensitive mouth of anyone I have ever seen - beautiful!......
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 10:26:40 pm by chefjudy »
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 10:22:08 pm »
I myself would have to go for Proof, because I'm a sucker for the smart ones.  ;D BBM is a close second, and buff Jake is Jarhead would have to be my third.  F*ck it, I love all Jakes!

Offline monimm18

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 10:25:15 pm »
*staring, staring, staring, losing touch with reality...*

Whew! Mandy, you are killing us.

Hottest, hmm, I'll have to go with the buff Jake, but the one I really like is the Proof Jake. Donnie Darko Jake is great, but a bit too childish looking for my taste.

He has such beautiful hands, dontchathink?

Edit: oh, hell, of course,  Jack Jake has to be up there too.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 10:29:23 pm by monimm18 »
"Don't be merely satisfied with a better life. We should demand to live in a better world."

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2006, 10:27:05 pm »
...A very hot, cute, sweet, sensitive, loving, lovable, bean-hating and Ennis-loving cowboy/rodeo Jake in BBM:

Or...A hot, smart, semi-high-voiced, musical, eager, sweet and intellectual Jake in Proof:

Sorry - can't decide between the two, but so glad ya'll are loving the graphics capability here.  Now THIS is better than IMDb!!!
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2006, 10:28:20 pm »
Do you also know you can conduct polls here?  Poll people on their favorite pic?  Can't wait to see that.
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2006, 10:31:20 pm »
I would just like to say that I am hereby not responsible for any deaths, temporary loss of breath, heat strokes from over-sweating, insomnia, eye-burns from staring, slipping on drool that has accumulated on the floor, any kinky damage done to your computer monitors, or any other Jake-related injuries that are possibly caused by this post.

YES, his hands are indeed hot. I just wonder what those hands could do............ :o

Offline monimm18

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2006, 10:36:32 pm »
I would just like to say that I am hereby not responsible for any deaths, temporary loss of breath, heat strokes from over-sweating, insomnia, eye-burns from staring, slipping on drool that has accumulated on the floor, any kinky damage done to your computer monitors, or any other Jake-related injuries that are possibly caused by this post.

LOL, you irresponsable woman!

YES, his hands are indeed hot. I just wonder what those hands could do............ :o

errr...   ;)  me too.
"Don't be merely satisfied with a better life. We should demand to live in a better world."

dmmb_Mandy

The Hottest Jake - POLL!!
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2006, 10:44:33 pm »
MmmmmMMmm...so many yummy Jakes, hard choice hey?

Offline monimm18

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: The Hottest Jake - POLL!!
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2006, 10:47:31 pm »
MmmmmMMmm...so many yummy Jakes, hard choice hey?

You bet. Besides, it's all Jake...

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2006, 10:48:25 pm »
Alrighty then  - I see you figured it out!   ;D :D ;D :D ;D

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2006, 10:49:02 pm »
I love men who are about to go mad and tragic figures...heh, guess which two I voted for?

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2006, 10:52:55 pm »
Yeah, I allowed 2 votes per user, btw! 'Cause I know how hard it is to choose  ;D

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2006, 10:59:43 pm »
How does buff Jake not have any votes?!

Offline monimm18

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2006, 11:02:14 pm »
Yeah, I allowed 2 votes per user, btw! 'Cause I know how hard it is to choose  ;D

NOW I find out...

vkm91941

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2006, 11:06:29 pm »
All Jake :o, Any Jake ;D, All the time :D, Any time, ::) Anywhere :-*!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2006, 11:07:30 pm »
Jake as Jack Twist always and forever!

Looks a little too scary for me in Jarhead, but, I must admit, pretty good in Proof.

But ... Jack Twist always and forever!
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2006, 11:08:59 pm »
LOL, Sorry Moni! I was stupid and forgot to add my second choice. So I only voted once too! *dumb dmmb*

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2006, 11:10:36 pm »
I just love Donnie Darko Jake. He'll always be my #1 Jakey.
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline monimm18

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2006, 11:12:40 pm »
LOL, Sorry Moni! I was stupid and forgot to add my second choice. So I only voted once too! *dumb dmmb*

LOL, s'alright...

OT: hey, I graduated to jr. Ranch Hand!

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2006, 11:13:53 pm »
Because this is VERY important in protecting myself against lawsuits, I am quoting myself from my non-poll post concerning these pics: I would just like to say that I am hereby not responsible for any deaths, temporary loss of breath, heat strokes from over-sweating, insomnia, eye-burns from staring, slipping on drool that has accumulated on the floor, any kinky damage done to your computer monitors, or any other Jake-related injuries that are possibly caused by this post.

;D

Moni - Oh I just noticed I also advanced. I wonder when it happened? I hadn't realized. Yay!

Offline monimm18

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2006, 11:16:40 pm »

Moni - Oh I just noticed I also advanced. I wonder when it happened? I hadn't realized. Yay!

Yeah! And we have TWO stars now, hehehe...

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2006, 03:31:57 am »
Hmm, either BBM Jake or Proof Jake. (Bumping because this was on the 3rd page!)

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2006, 03:35:56 am »
yeah, Jack Twist Jake is the hottest. Proof Jake is a close second.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

vkm91941

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2006, 07:38:22 am »
He's not doing anything special in this, but it's one of my favorites, you can see it all, the natural grace and beauty, the charm, intelligence, social conscience, and sense of humor. add that all together and  he is just so damn sexy!  YUM ;)

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2006, 08:19:15 am »
Hey... I LOVE the BBM Jake (Jack Twist... if only he were straight), he nudges ahead of my ultimate fave Donnie Darko Jake.. but errr.. check it out..  If this don't take the cake, I'll eat the whole thing myself..

And I agree with Victoria that natural, sweet, sexy Jake is always the way to go, but since this pic's been on my desktop, I have gotten NO work done..

Click on him! He gets bigger!
Chut up!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2006, 04:02:18 pm »

Click on him! He gets bigger!

LOL Sheyne!
Jack Twist is in the lead - oh gosh, I AM surprised :P
Love me some Jack...*pants*

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2006, 03:15:57 am »
I chose the picture from "The Good". But, only 6.3% of you all voted for that pic?

Awww.. just look at that face!! :-*
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Karan13

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Fun loving open minded the future Mrs Depp or Gyll
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2006, 06:09:16 pm »
God i can not choose !,
                                  I love Jake in Donnie Darko , i`d be the school girlfriend , i love him in Lovely and Amazing if i worked in the photo shop i definately would ! In the Good Girl i`d take the money , Jake the baby and run. In Day atfer tomorrow i`d f$$k the wolves and keep him to myself on that boat. And of course in Brokeback i`d say you see Ennis as long as we share. Jake is sex on legs i love him , he could stand on a stage doing nothing for an hour and i`d be mesmerized. Oh and before i forget i`d keep that bubble so that just me and Jake fit inside , { even after i`ve had a strong curry } xx Kaz

Out of the pics i`ll have Jarhead cause that Santa Dance drives me to distraction , like i don`t know what !
Buttocks of steal or what ?
It`s not the breaths you take , it`s what makes you lose one !

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2006, 09:04:48 pm »
God i can not choose !,
                                  I love Jake in Donnie Darko , i`d be the school girlfriend , i love him in Lovely and Amazing if i worked in the photo shop i definately would ! In the Good Girl i`d take the money , Jake the baby and run. In Day atfer tomorrow i`d f$$k the wolves and keep him to myself on that boat. And of course in Brokeback i`d say you see Ennis as long as we share. Jake is sex on legs i love him , he could stand on a stage doing nothing for an hour and i`d be mesmerized. Oh and before i forget i`d keep that bubble so that just me and Jake fit inside , { even after i`ve had a strong curry } xx Kaz

Out of the pics i`ll have Jarhead cause that Santa Dance drives me to distraction , like i don`t know what !
Buttocks of steal or what ?

Karan, it sounds like you've been thinking about this for awhile. You have it all planned out, don't you! :D

Jake is a real cutie! But..... ;)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline JT

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2006, 03:00:38 pm »
I choose the Jake in BBM because he look so damn hot as a sensitive gay cowboy.  Adorable too.  I also choose Proof because he looks cute in that pic.  Never watch that movie.

Offline Rayn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I'm also on FaceBook under Rayn Roberts
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2006, 04:26:03 am »
I picked that last two Jakes... last two photos... but there's no doubt he's the hottest ever as Jack Twist.  Jake is a Force of Nature.  And damn, so is Heath!

Rayn
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 04:28:47 am by Rayn »

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2006, 07:33:59 pm »
Brokeback Mountain Jack/Jake - hands down!  ::) followed by Holden in the Good Girl. I like 'em sensitive and broody. I haven't seen Proof yet. He is a little too youthful for me in DD and Day after Tomorrow - jail bait! He's just right in BBM. He was really great in Jarhead but he scared me. A little too crazy!

Offline Amber

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Whiskey anyone?
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2006, 12:11:27 am »
I went with BBM Jake ... of course!  And also Jarhead.  I loved the movie (one of a few I guess *lol*) and he's so damn hot!!  He should go without a shirt MUCH more often! 

(I'm now hearing "Jesus Walks" by Kayne West playing through my head - reminds me I need to buy Jarhead *lol*)
"... and Ennis, not big on endearments, said what he said to his horses and daughters, little darlin." ~Proulx

"Life is not a succession of urgents nows; it is a listless trickle of why-should-I's."  Johnny Depp as the Second Earl of Rochester.

mvansand76

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2007, 04:32:20 pm »
Bumping Jake too.... *did I really just write that?*  :P

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2007, 10:04:10 am »

BBM Jake for me!  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

mvansand76

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2007, 10:39:15 am »
BBM Jake for me!  :D

Hell yeah! Before BBM I had hardly heard of Jake, let alone found him attractive!

:P

Best look: the checking Ennis out in the opening scene *faints*...

My sister and I channeled a character from Little Britain when we first saw the film and Jake....

OOOOOOOOH HE'S GOOOOOOOOORGEOUS....

:laugh:

Offline Rogue

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • "we will be known forever by the tracks we leave"
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2007, 04:00:35 pm »
when i saw jake as jack i fell in love but then i love a sexy cowboy , but then i saw jake as hal and i fell head over heels and still can't get up
"Love is a special word, and i use it only when i mean it you say the word to much and it becomes cheap." - ray charles