Author Topic: Other than Brokeback..  (Read 10182 times)

EnnisDelMar

Other than Brokeback..
« on: March 30, 2006, 10:34:07 pm »
Vote!

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Other than Brokeback..
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 10:35:08 pm »
Ooooo - you figured out how to create polls!  I can't vote - I only saw one of them...nah - I'll vote anyway.
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 10:37:28 pm »
Good, no Crash votes. Any and all Crash voters will be hereby banned from here and any other Brokeback related discussions.
J/K  :P

'hereby' is my word of the day, lol.

I must say I liked Capote, and voted accordingly.

Offline monimm18

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 10:44:58 pm »
Good, no Crash votes. Any and all Crash voters will be hereby banned from here and any other Brokeback related discussions.
J/K  :P

'hereby' is my word of the day, lol.

I must say I liked Capote, and voted accordingly.

Crash was a totally enjoyable film. Until December came and the really good ones came out, ha! In a year without BBM, Capote and GN&GL, Crash would have beem a fair contender at BP together with Munich, and nobody would have had issues about it (Crash) winning, because too many people were mystified or annoyed by what Spielberg tried to do with Munich and voted against it, and because without a comparison film like BBM few people would have noticed, or bothered to point out Crash's many flaws.

Jeez, can I write longer and more convoluted phrases?...
"Don't be merely satisfied with a better life. We should demand to live in a better world."

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 10:47:44 pm »
Heh, didn't watch any of the nominated movies except BBM. :-*

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 10:48:16 pm »
Moni - I agree. I liked Crash. I watched it, liked it, was entertained, but then when on with my life. I think I'm just Brokeback-biased!

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 10:52:16 pm »
I never liked Crash, I saw it before I'd even heard about Brokeback and disliked it. We all have our opinions though ;D

Offline monimm18

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2006, 10:53:53 pm »
Moni - I agree. I liked Crash. I watched it, liked it, was entertained, but then when on with my life. I think I'm just Brokeback-biased!

LOL, call it bias, but I think that, after being able to really take in a film of BBM's calibre, and have it affect us emotionally so deeply, it's hard to fully enjoy other films, mostly when they are lesser ones. You know: once you taste the gods' ambrosia it's hard to go back to beans, even if once you did like them...

I think we need time to heal from what BBM did to us, LOL. I know I do.
"Don't be merely satisfied with a better life. We should demand to live in a better world."

TheStudDuck

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2006, 10:54:54 pm »
I saw Crash.  I loved Crash.  I bought Crash.  While I think the script was flawed, I appreciate it for what it is and I was very entertained by it.  I can honestly say that Brokeback Mountain was the better film.  Easily.  And I'm not the only person in this boat, it seems that almost everyone on the planet agrees with me.  It's not that I hate Crash.  I don't.  I was even the person that gave it the one vote (or at least the first vote) that you see up above.

-- Please note that Crash was my second favorite, not the film that I thought was second best.  The second best film was easily Good Night, and Good Luck. Unbelievably well done film. --

No bias here.  Crash is good (I'm actually up to watching it tonight)... but to even say it is in the same league as Brokeback Mountain in terms of quality and weight is absolutely ridiculous.

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2006, 10:55:14 pm »
I loved Crash.....but its definitely not Best Picture material IMO...