Author Topic: My Own Fears... Just Getting This Site Off the Ground  (Read 6240 times)

Offline HerrKaiser

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: My Own Fears... Just Getting This Site Off the Ground
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2007, 12:37:37 pm »
thanks Front Ranger! I always miss the post-dates to get the flow right!

injest

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2007, 11:47:25 pm »
Sorry for missing something, but what is "this site" referring to? is it an off shoot of Bettermost that will continue for the long term?

A site that is multi faceted and designed to live past the BBM release, run, and post-run endearment periods, would be great.

I also agree with Bing_57 that yet another site that is a love fest among like-thinking people can be a short-lived idea. One of the aspects that has disappointed me personally on this and other forums is the sense of rejection from most who do not like/agree with ideas that are not lock-step in place with the current media-popular gay political agenda/lifestyles. In fact, I feel more sidelined/reviled by some members than I have ever felt from bigoted straight rednecks! Point being, a site that has a long term value and growth potential needs to embrace and encourage a mulititude of thinking people. Just a thought!

I am so sorry that you feel that way. I hope you know that you are welcome here. We tend to be a strong willed bunch sometimes but if I ever go over the line drop me a line; I don't intend to offend anyone!

{{HerrKaiser!}}

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2007, 09:15:03 pm »
I also agree with Bing_57 that yet another site that is a love fest among like-thinking people can be a short-lived idea. One of the aspects that has disappointed me personally on this and other forums is the sense of rejection from most who do not like/agree with ideas that are not lock-step in place with the current media-popular gay political agenda/lifestyles. In fact, I feel more sidelined/reviled by some members than I have ever felt from bigoted straight rednecks! Point being, a site that has a long term value and growth potential needs to embrace and encourage a mulititude of thinking people. Just a thought!

This site welcomes all points of view, with the recognition that those views must be tempered by a strict avoidance of personal attacks.  People can debate issues without crossing the line into attacks on each other as individuals.  If you ever feel someone has personally attacked you, there is a button at the bottom of every message which lets you report a post to the moderators.  If a personal attack is there, we will address it.

There is a great deal of unity on the subject of the acceptance of gay people here if only because the movie engendered that.  But there are many paths to the road of tolerance and acceptance and how to define both.  I would keep in mind that if one rejects an idea, it doesn't mean they are rejecting the person who expressed it.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Br. Patrick

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "So what're we gonna do now?"
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2007, 04:34:00 am »
But we all have Brokeback Mountain.

Phillip, this site is the CLOSEST thing that I have seen to REAL Group Therapy in my life.  Over the past 20 years, I have been in various group therapies for psychological reasons.   NOT ONE of them has come close to the real relationships that are going on on this site.  In the safety of anonymity we really open up to others more so than if we did it with 'live' people in group therapy.

What you have done is Miraculous!  This web site has literally CHANGED MY LIFE. 

Thank you for Bettermost, the site and also the radio.

Blessings ~  8)
br. patrick
Lean on me, let our hearts beat in time,
Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long.
Who cares where we go on this rugged old road
In a world that may say that we're wrong.

...Cause I know - A love that will never grow old.

Gustavo Santaolalla & Bernie Taupin