Author Topic: From IMDb - BBM and PT related announcement  (Read 6210 times)

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
From IMDb - BBM and PT related announcement
« on: June 10, 2006, 11:18:03 pm »
Not sure if we can take what he said  :-\, but anyhow thought some of you may want to read it, if it offers any kind of closure for what many of us have experienced in the past few months.  Several our beloved members are also mentioned in his post.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0388795/board/thread/45467309
Special Tigerenator Announcment
by - tigerenator-is-finished

Okay Everyone, it's me tigerentator. I have a very special announcment that will make you all happy.

I'M DONE WITH THIS BOARD!!!!!

i'm retiring, i'm through.

Now, since i'm gonna be gone, let me take a little time to make a few things clear.

first off, Tigerenator = jomama = MountainHighPizzaPie

it's been me the whole f *cking time. why do you think that tigerenator hated giancarlo-carini, arthurs-1, a_r2006, among a few others?

second, there never really was a tiger or fox army. tiger was me the whole time, and fox was another guy.

after the pire temblay board got wiped out, i thought it was cool. so i told foxinator that i wanted to join him. he accepted, only to find out that he had no crew or army, only a kick ass illusion.

there have been a couple recruits who joined for like an hour or so, but other than that, it was just 2 people the whole time.

another thing, is my age. i'm 15, and i thinks it's kind of funny that a little teen ager has created so much stress, anger and pain to grown adults.

One of the biggest thing though that will blow your f *cking mind is that...

PHANTOM TROLLING NEVER EXISTED

lmfao, the whole time it's been admins trying to save space, and all of you thought it was us, wasting our f *cking lives reporting threads.

nope, it was the admins, and me and fox taking credit for it. the best part is that i didn't even have to be logged on to cause terror.

i'm actually not a monster in real life. i'm actually a really easy going friendly guy. this board, well, it was just fun. it was fun to laugh at the all the anger that was stirred up, using my f *cking computer.

the reason, i'm telling you this is because, fox quit. he left to college, and is through with this, plus i didn't want to waste my summer on this board.

now, i guess i want to apoligize to anyone who took me too seriously and actually got offended by the bull$#!t i said. let my apoligies go out to everyone. (except giancarlo-carini, a_r2006, Arthurs-1, shuggy, pipedream, bryan, and carmen-jonze)

David-indiana, and Vicky, lol, you guys are good people, don't let what i said get to you. despite what i said, i always kinda admired you two.

anyways, i might come in here, every now and again. but my terorizing is over.

feel free to discuss this gay cowboy movie, and don't let me stand in the way.

And thank you all for the hours and hours of entertainment this board has provided me.

enjoy your day!

Tigerinator AKA jomama AKA MountainHighPizzaPie

Anyways questions or remarks can be e-mailed to me at *****

* I removed his email address in this post.

slayers_creek_oth

Re: From IMDb - BBM and PT related announcement
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 11:37:59 pm »
Hmmm...thanks Jenny! 

Offline FuzzyChanny

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "Youth is wasted on the young..."
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 05:14:46 am »
What an asshole.
I've learnt that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in!

Offline a_r2006

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 05:22:01 am »
The actual thread on IMDB has been deleted by an administrator.I can see that I am on the list of people he won't apologise to.well,i shall certainly not be losing sleep over it !

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2006, 06:50:50 am »
Yeah right.    This guy has retired more times than Magic Johnson!

He see's things quieting down over on IMDB , so he figures he'll get us back over there again, so he can start terrorizing us all over again.

Visiting IMDB now is like going back to visit your old Elementary School.  You have alot of fun memories there but it seems so small now.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2006, 07:53:32 am »
Yeah right.    This guy has retired more times than Magic Johnson!

Thanks for a good laugh first thing this morning, David!

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2006, 10:42:15 am »
I wonder what to make of this. If it's true that it was admins the whole time, how come threads were being deleted as they were posted instead of just the ones that were older? If it was really admins doing the deletions, they would have selected thousands of posts at a time that were older and not deleted select ones from both the top page and older pages... To delete only a few at a time is not admin-like; even 1000 per day is not that many when you know that the BBM board lost 50,000 or so at one time, due to admins clearing space. Also, they had just cleared space a few weeks back, and the movie was still a hot topic in mid to late March, so it doesn't make sense that they would drive people away like that from their own site (with ad revenue to be made).

But I do agree that this kid is a very big a-hole to come on and say they think Victoria and whomever else they insulted is really a good person that they admired secretly. Good luck to everyone who meets this guy. He's obviously got a major ego complex to need to create so much disruption for his own entertainment. What a sad life, huh?

Though I still miss the layout and open feeling (aesthetically and interface-wise) of IMDb, it doesn't feel like home anymore. But good riddance to them!

Jenny
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline FuzzyChanny

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "Youth is wasted on the young..."
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2006, 11:50:25 am »
I wonder what to make of this. If it's true that it was admins the whole time, how come threads were being deleted as they were posted instead of just the ones that were older? If it was really admins doing the deletions, they would have selected thousands of posts at a time that were older and not deleted select ones from both the top page and older pages... To delete only a few at a time is not admin-like; even 1000 per day is not that many when you know that the BBM board lost 50,000 or so at one time, due to admins clearing space. Also, they had just cleared space a few weeks back, and the movie was still a hot topic in mid to late March, so it doesn't make sense that they would drive people away like that from their own site (with ad revenue to be made).

Topics are immediately deleted after 60 days of non-responsive, so that makes no sense at all.
I've learnt that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in!

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2006, 01:21:23 pm »
Guys like these are the reason old ladies tutt at me and my friends...that is all I will say cause I will start getting annoyed.
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2006, 02:44:53 pm »

Remember, nobody knows if this is the original guy or who did what.  You all have to take everything posted by anyone on there with a grain of salt.  If IMDb was deleting threads based on disk space concerns, which is nonsense in and of itself, they would purge threads based on their age - oldest off first.  Perhaps considering IMDb's policy of considering most of the messages on CT to have been off topic to begin with, an admin could have purged huge sections of that board not from "reports" but rather because they considered them to be off topic.

There could have easily been a whole crew of people reporting posts as offensive and not joining the "nonsense" army.  It could have also been an IMDb admin who had a problem with the film itself and just liked deleting threads.  You can never know, and I'm not going to sit around and look back and try and figure it out.

IMDb has made it clear they are not in the business of running movie forums.  They run a content site.  The forums are provided as an "extra convenience" to users, but are not given priority attention in any way.  It showed.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 02:48:00 pm by Phillip »
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

vkm91941

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2006, 06:51:19 pm »
Not sure if we can take what he said  :-\, but anyhow thought some of you may want to read it, if it offers any kind of closure for what many of us have experienced in the past few months.  Several our beloved members are also mentioned in his post.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0388795/board/thread/45467309
Special Tigerenator Announcment
by - tigerenator-is-finished

Okay Everyone, it's me tigerentator. I have a very special announcment that will make you all happy.

I'M DONE WITH THIS BOARD!!!!!

i'm retiring, i'm through.

Now, since i'm gonna be gone, let me take a little time to make a few things clear.

first off, Tigerenator = jomama = MountainHighPizzaPie

it's been me the whole f *cking time. why do you think that tigerenator hated giancarlo-carini, arthurs-1, a_r2006, among a few others?

second, there never really was a tiger or fox army. tiger was me the whole time, and fox was another guy.

after the pire temblay board got wiped out, i thought it was cool. so i told foxinator that i wanted to join him. he accepted, only to find out that he had no crew or army, only a kick ass illusion.

there have been a couple recruits who joined for like an hour or so, but other than that, it was just 2 people the whole time.

another thing, is my age. i'm 15, and i thinks it's kind of funny that a little teen ager has created so much stress, anger and pain to grown adults.

One of the biggest thing though that will blow your f *cking mind is that...

PHANTOM TROLLING NEVER EXISTED

lmfao, the whole time it's been admins trying to save space, and all of you thought it was us, wasting our f *cking lives reporting threads.

nope, it was the admins, and me and fox taking credit for it. the best part is that i didn't even have to be logged on to cause terror.

i'm actually not a monster in real life. i'm actually a really easy going friendly guy. this board, well, it was just fun. it was fun to laugh at the all the anger that was stirred up, using my f *cking computer.

the reason, i'm telling you this is because, fox quit. he left to college, and is through with this, plus i didn't want to waste my summer on this board.

now, i guess i want to apoligize to anyone who took me too seriously and actually got offended by the bull$#!t i said. let my apoligies go out to everyone. (except giancarlo-carini, a_r2006, Arthurs-1, shuggy, pipedream, bryan, and carmen-jonze)

David-indiana, and Vicky, lol, you guys are good people, don't let what i said get to you. despite what i said, i always kinda admired you two.

anyways, i might come in here, every now and again. but my terorizing is over.

feel free to discuss this gay cowboy movie, and don't let me stand in the way.

And thank you all for the hours and hours of entertainment this board has provided me.

enjoy your day!

Tigerinator AKA jomama AKA MountainHighPizzaPie

Anyways questions or remarks can be e-mailed to me at *****

* I removed his email address in this post.

I can believe it....most of it but not all.  He was PM'ing me the last few months and I got into a dialogue with him.  He was already unhappy with the nasty PM's that fox was sending to people.  I think this and fox getting caught by Phillip TWICE is the reason he's quitting.  He just wants to  take as much credit as he can before he goes.  It is interesting to note that the IMDB board had dropped to an all time low of 15.263 posts the day before he announced his retirement and now it suddenly back at almost 17,000.  Very telling that.  But I won't be going to IMDB, it happened once it could easily happen again with the apathtic administration there, beside why live in the wilderness when we have Eden all to ourselves.  ;)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2006, 07:20:30 pm »
I can believe it....most of it but not all.  He was PM'ing me the last few months and I got into a dialogue with him.  He was already unhappy with the nasty PM's that fox was sending to people.  I think this and fox getting caught by Phillip TWICE is the reason he's quitting.  He just wants to  take as much credit as he can before he goes.  It is interesting to note that the IMDB board had dropped to an all time low of 15.263 posts the day before he announced his retirement and now it suddenly back at almost 17,000.  Very telling that.  But I won't be going to IMDB, it happened once it could easily happen again with the apathtic administration there, beside why live in the wilderness when we have Eden all to ourselves.  ;)

BTW, we all know what college his buddy ended up at.  Very amusing that he admitted his partner-in-stupidity went off "to college," which is how I nailed his fanny, and then we got a parade of denials about how it was so funny that we all thought his friend was a college student.  Deny deny deny... admit.  Oops.  It's also interesting that after my fax went back to SUNY, and the college told me it would take appropriate action, we never heard from him again.

What is stupid about all this even more is that IMDb couldn't bother doing what took me literally minutes to do.  As far as his "retirement" message goes, like the vast majority of the dwindling participants there even care.  You don't need psychic powers to know this is a 15 year old that gets picked last in gym class, has no friends otherwise, and sees this online "power play" as the pinnacle of his personal relevance to the world.  Coming next, his blog.  :)
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2006, 06:10:08 am »
Well, I don't believe his message entirely either! I can't believe IMDB admnis would delete massively on one (or tow) board(s) only and not on boards that have been 'dead' for ages. I can understand 'making space', but WHY on a board of a film with so much success and lots of discussion. It sounds odd to me. If they wanted to save space, I'm sure they could have deleted old posts on old boards somewhere else on IMBD. Sounds all too fishy..

His post has been deleted - which is good. This guy doesn't need any attention! Glad he can't read here..

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2006, 07:44:27 am »

God some people have literally too much time on their hands..  what a tosser he'd be..
Chut up!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2006, 06:35:23 pm »
Too many innocent threads were deleted in the middle of their being used (ie: the I LOVE everything threads). I find it completely unbelieveable that so much damage can be attributed to one or two trolls. There had to be a larger number of people complaining about these threads for them to be automatically deleted through complaints to the administration. I am more likely to accept that the administration itself had an agenda in the deletion, one that has yet to be divulged.

Sorry - I don't believe his explanation, and like Vikki, I don't really care if the whole truth comes out or not - This is where I reside now!
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer