Author Topic: I neeeed to find this parody!  (Read 1800 times)

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
I neeeed to find this parody!
« on: June 11, 2006, 11:13:04 am »
The British satirical sketch show Dead Ringers featured a sketch spoofing Brokeback Mountain, that featured impersonations of Bill Oddie and another naturalist. The sketch ends with the two men lying together in a tent, and Oddie says, "Now that's what I call the funky gibbon" (spoofing Bill Oddie's chart topper with his comedy group The Goodies).

I actually taped this episode of Dead Ringers when it was repeated and I have been trying to find it ever since to share with you guys, but I just can't find it. It is actually one of the most hilarious spoofs I have seen, it might not mean much to you US citizens cause I doubt you know who Bill Oddie is, but you may still find it funny. I have been searching for it for weeks but still no luck. I know how good at researching stuff you guys are so I thought I would put a request out here to find it.
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.