Author Topic: Project: Images - Your Help Wanted - Site Redesign Underway  (Read 6862 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
I need some help from users in the redesign of the site.  I am going to be investing in some images for the site as part of the change of the look and feel.  I would like us to have some nice hi-res images to use on the site banner, as well as to replace the fulcrum on the forum home page.  I am considering some nice western-style hats or other similar items and some great outdoor shots for the banner of the site.  I'd like to get you guys to help me out by identifying some images that are true to the story/movie (if possible), especially for the hats and/or any other objects or things which would make great image additions to the site, as well as some images that say summer in the west.  We want brighter colors and less of a "winter feel" here.  We'll be adjusting the site colors today in any event.

The site I am spending time on is called Fotolia (http://www.fotolia.com) but there are others out there if people want to look.  If folks want to visit there are start browsing for images and giving some suggested links (after clicking on an image, you'll see a URL box on the right), that would be great.  I am not sure if they have an accurate enough set of western hats to choose from (so if there are other images out there that are very high resolution, let me know that too).

The only requirement is that we don't want to "borrow" other people's images.  We will pay the necessary royalties so we are properly licensed to use the images as part of the site.  As far as all of the great images people have been contributing, I have something special planned for those, so this is a different project.

I figure it would be fun to let everyone jump in and help build and remake the site!  You can start at fotolia, but if there are other similar sites you know of out there, feel free to check them out too.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 06:06:27 pm by Phillip »
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline two_bloody_shirts

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • First Kisses
Love.  You have a problem with it?

~Grace~

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Town Administration
    • BetterMost
Re: Project: Images - Your Help Wanted
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 05:40:13 pm »
These are excellent suggestions!  I am definitely going to use some of these.  We are redesigning the front end of the site (the home page at bettermost.net) and I'll be using lots of images there too.  Thanks and keep them coming.  I guess we need to keep looking for some great hats.

BTW, if folks are interested, I can try and build out the number of images we can have for user avatars and other such stuff which others can use too.

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
Re: Project: Images - Your Help Wanted - Site Redesign Underway
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 09:40:00 pm »
You know you have totally trashed my colour scheme in the Daily Thoughts thread Phillip!

:laugh: ;D   Hahahahahahaha   ;D :laugh:

I love the new look.  Colour gives everything so much more life.  Thankyou.  But you know, don't you, the saying goes; "blue and green should never be seen unless you are in a forum discussing a movie about gay men and attended by gay men, gay women, bisexuals, and lovely straight gay empathiser types".  Or words to that effect!

I have offered before, but should you need anything specific drawn, please tell me and I'm sure a few of the more arty types could accommodate.

One suggestion; perhaps now you could include a 'white' option in the font colours.
~A good general knows when to retreat~

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2006, 09:53:11 pm »
Wow....what interesting and BRIGHT new colors...LOL

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2006, 09:53:49 pm »
You know you have totally trashed my colour scheme in the Daily Thoughts thread Phillip!

I love the new look.  Colour gives everything so much more life.  Thankyou.  But you know, don't you, the saying goes; "blue and green should never be seen unless you are in a forum discussing a movie about gay men and attended by gay men, gay women, bisexuals, and lovely straight gay empathiser types".  Or words to that effect!

The green is ignunt.  I already hollered at John about it.  I think maybe a muted yellow might be better.  We are tinkering.  I am going to also give him a new banner image for the top of the site - I want something sharper.  We're going to unveil a lot of changes around here shortly.

One suggestion; perhaps now you could include a 'white' option in the font colours.

I am not sure if that is possible.

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2006, 09:57:46 pm »
I am going to also give him a new banner image for the top of the site - I want something sharper. 

Yeah...because now it all kinda clashes...

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2006, 09:58:53 pm »
I don't mean to seem an ignut fool, but I was just commenting on the green!

As for the white font not being possible, how about a neutral colour that isn't black then?
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2006, 10:01:04 pm »
We are not the kind of gay people that can throw a pillow on a couch and have it land just so....  I don't know why we got green.  We'll turn it all down a notch when I can pry John away from Highly Gay TV (HGTV).  

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2006, 10:01:47 pm »
I don't mean to seem an ignut fool, but I was just commenting on the green!

As for the white font not being possible, how about a neutral colour that isn't black then?

John says he may be able to do white.  We'll see.