Author Topic: Who Loves Fish?  (Read 120087 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Who Loves Fish?
« Reply #130 on: June 09, 2007, 04:45:18 pm »
I just found out that jpwagoneer is gonna make fish tacos for me tomorrow!! I think I will fast until then! Can't wait! I will report back about tasting true fish tacos for the first time, cooked by a San Diegan!!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #131 on: June 13, 2007, 12:14:13 am »
I just found out that jpwagoneer is gonna make fish tacos for me tomorrow!! I think I will fast until then! Can't wait! I will report back about tasting true fish tacos for the first time, cooked by a San Diegan!!

Ohhh!  :P  Ahhh!  :P Yummy!  :P

Those fish tacos we made tasted okay, but then someone here told me we didn't make them correctly!  :laugh:

I don't like fish.  :P
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #132 on: June 13, 2007, 01:27:20 am »
Thanks David, for making it official. ;D

you are almost in the 1000 post club my dear...tomorrow no doubt....and a premature congratulations...

Beautiful mind

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #133 on: June 13, 2007, 01:31:45 am »
       you are almost in the 1000 post club my dear...tomorrow no doubt....and a premature congratulations...

She's right Marleen. You are almost at 1000 posts!!!

An Early Congratulations Marleen!!!

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D

And.........

Congratulations Janice On Your 1000th Post!!

Both of you are AWESOME!!!!!   :)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #134 on: June 13, 2007, 04:35:59 am »
She's right Marleen. You are almost at 1000 posts!!!

An Early Congratulations Marleen!!!

And.........

Congratulations Janice On Your 1000th Post!!

Both of you are AWESOME!!!!!   :)

I second that!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #135 on: June 13, 2007, 05:20:45 pm »
Wow, thank you David and Janice and Lee,

and I didn't even do it yet. :D

And I think you're all really awesome!!! ;D

Offline 2robots4u

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #136 on: June 14, 2007, 09:50:17 pm »
1.  Marrow..a vegggie?  I have never heard of it.  The marrow I know about is the pasty stuff within bones, always referred to as "bone marrow".

2.  David..since you once posted that you do not like fish, but made a positive response to a post about gefiltefish, I was wondering if you have tried it yet? And if you have tried other fish..shark, halibut (2 good ones).

3.  Melissa...in the U.S. a lot of the fish we consume is raised in hatcheries specifically for human consumption.  And, you usually can get that or ocean grown in any good fish market or supermarket. As for animals, we also raise them for slaughter, and these animals are treated much better.

I have not eaten red meat in about 25 years, and a few months after I stopped eating it, health problems I was experiencing ceased to exist.  My doctor was baffled until I explained my new diet.  I still eat chicken, pork (the white meats) and lots of veggies that I never thought I would touch in a million years! (Thanks to all the cooking shows I watch on TV)...Doug

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #137 on: June 14, 2007, 11:04:25 pm »
Doug! Long time no read! Nice to see you around.  :)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #138 on: June 15, 2007, 03:59:31 pm »
Is a fish taco something like a pink taco? 

Yeah, I like Abe Vigoda.  He seems like a nice man. 

When I was growing up in Tennessee, my experience of fish was fried catfish (gag!) or Mrs. Paul's fish sticks (yuck!) or canned salmon (barf!).   I grew up with an aversion to fish. 

When I went off to college, a gal pal of mine grilled some fish one night.  I didn't want to be rude and tell her I didn't want no stinkin' fish, so I ate it.  Much to my surprise and delight, I loved it.  Yeah, that friend turned me on to lots of things. . . fish, smoking, drinking, drugs. 

Anyhow, that made me brave enough to try other kinds.  Now that I live in a port city, I eat fish lots.  Yum.  Still smoke and drink.  I don't do too many drugs anymore though. 

I like to fish too.  Haven't done it in a loooong time.  I went with a cute boy I was trying to snag, and my line kept getting caught in the low-hanging trees. 

Eww! Canned salmon is the worst! I can't even be in the same room with it. If someone opens a can, I have to get out of there. That stuff is totally rank.  :P

I'm gagging just from thinking about it. YUCK!!  :P

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #139 on: June 15, 2007, 04:20:44 pm »

Well i have hesitated to answer the question about the fish.. but my answer is yes and no.
I dont like most fish.  But i do like some kinds......i like fresh grilled salmon..cooked right after my son catches it.  A gourmet treat for sure.  But i dont like it smoked....go figure/  I like fried catfish and trout just about all ways i have ever eaten it.  The favorite way is to make a stuffing just like you would make for turkey. and fill the cavity, then bake.  Then serve with bernaise sauce.....yumm  Last and certainly not least.  I like halibut.  Probably my favorite. grilled fried, and baked..its always great...so the answer is yes and no.

Beautiful mind