Author Topic: Who Loves Fish?  (Read 120070 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Who Loves Fish?
« Reply #140 on: June 15, 2007, 04:29:28 pm »

Well i have hesitated to answer the question about the fish.. but my answer is yes and no.
I dont like most fish.  But i do like some kinds......i like fresh grilled salmon..cooked right after my son catches it.  A gourmet treat for sure.  But i dont like it smoked....go figure/  I like fried catfish and trout just about all ways i have ever eaten it.  The favorite way is to make a stuffing just like you would make for turkey. and fill the cavity, then bake.  Then serve with bernaise sauce.....yumm  Last and certainly not least.  I like halibut.  Probably my favorite. grilled fried, and baked..its always great...so the answer is yes and no.

Somebody caught a catfish here in Indiana a few weeks ago, and it was as big as a large hog. I wish I could find a picture of it. It was on the news.

God, if I saw something like that swimming near me I'd part the water getting out of there! I think that fish weighed well over 100 lbs.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #141 on: June 17, 2007, 07:16:46 pm »
Well, don't get me started. I might just dig right in to eel, fugu, and mudfish sauce!!

But on a more appetizing note, those fish tacos that jpwagoneer made were exquisitely delicious! Not to give away all his secrets (and I don't know'em to give'em away) he used catfish which is the ugliest but most tasty of fish. And he didn't batter 'em at all, or pair em up with cabbage or anything of that sort. Just catfish and avocado and a really delicious sauce made of lime juice, mayonnaise, and heaps and heaps of garlic!! It was so yummy, I'm dreaming of taking a trip down to San Diego just for dinner sometime soon!!

Thank you so much for the fish tacos, Mark.

:-*
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #142 on: October 07, 2007, 03:47:28 pm »
Anybody had a fish taco recently?  :P

I know I didn't!  :laugh:  :laugh:

What is mudfish sauce Lee? I'm almost afraid to ask.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #143 on: October 07, 2007, 05:41:31 pm »
I had the salmon (not canned) at Chili's last week. It was seasoned just right and grilled so that it was juicy, not dry. I could tell that I got it right off the grill.  It was wonderful!
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #144 on: October 07, 2007, 05:51:31 pm »
Is this the big fish, David?

It's huge -- I wouldn't want to be swimming with it either!  :o

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=02f_1184964004

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #145 on: October 08, 2007, 08:46:22 pm »
Yuck Shasta! Isn't that fish disgusting?

The fish I was talking about weighed over 100 pounds. But this fish gives you a pretty good idea what I was talking about. It's hard to believe we have fish that big in this state, but we do.  :P

Yucky.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #146 on: October 09, 2007, 06:11:13 am »
I like to look at fish in aquariums. I wouldn't want to swim with ones that size tho. The lake in Heber Springs has fish who nip at your legs, but they aren't big enough to take a leg off !  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #147 on: October 13, 2007, 03:31:18 am »
I like to look at fish in aquariums. I wouldn't want to swim with ones that size tho. The lake in Heber Springs has fish who nip at your legs, but they aren't big enough to take a leg off !  

My Dad told me tonight that those big old 100 + pound catfish lay at the bottom of the river eating anything that floats past them.

It's now perfectly clear to me why I DON'T like fish!  :P :P :P

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #148 on: October 22, 2007, 07:13:51 am »
Lee!  Truman and I both had fish tacos last night - saw them on the menu and closed it.  Sadly, they were not the best or even the average ones....Some kind of fried haddock or other generic whitefish.  I'm going to have to dig deeper in this thread for the recipe for the sauce - everybody knows that it's the condiments that matter!  Just make some myself.

:D
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #149 on: November 09, 2007, 08:43:42 pm »
Sorry to hear your fish tacos flopped, Lynne and Tru! Yes, if the fish quality isn't good, then it's not likely the tacos will be. Also, if the fish is not cooked correctly. There is a link in the early posts to a really good recipe that has a delicious sauce. Mark makes an excellent fish taco sauce out of mayonnaise and garlic. I cheat--I go for the wasabi mayonnaise!
"chewing gum and duct tape"