Author Topic: Who Loves Fish?  (Read 120072 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Who Loves Fish?
« on: June 11, 2006, 05:48:17 pm »
Latjoreme and I met in mid-June...and one of the hundreds of things that came up in our conversation was that we both LUV fish tacos. So, she thought it would be very interesting if there was a correlation between people who like FT and those who like BBM. C'mon, let us know and we might share the recipe with U!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 06:48:22 am by Front-Ranger »
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Who Loves Fish Tacos?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 11:22:16 pm »
I'm assuming this poll and the 'fish taco' thing is literal?

After all, I live in Texas and we make tacos out of anything that used to be moving and some that weren't.

I've never tried fish tacos, but as I like po-boys, I can't imagine I wouldn't like fish tacos.  I know I love fried shrimp tacos.

gattaca

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 11:39:33 pm »
I love fish tacos, but the best ones are in Baja California, south of San Bartolo and a little north of Cabo San Lucas in a remote area called Cabo Pulmo with a few areas for scuba diving in the Sea of Cortez (which I do) and a palapa with no name which serves the most incredible fish tacos I've ever had (with a Modelo Especial if that's your thing).

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 11:45:09 pm »
Tacos de pescado!  Love them.  Looove Them.
My fish tacos were acquired en Mexico Baja, San Felipe.
I lived on tacos de pescado y Tecate y frijitos negros for weeks!
It's a good life.
-Lynne
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Giancarlo

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 02:08:52 am »
I love any kind of tacos... especially fish ones.

Speaking of Baja California, they had this pacific lobster down there that I had years ago... I really miss it. I think I used to go to a town near Ensenada.

gattaca

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 10:05:18 am »
I found a picture I took in 2002 of the Cabo Pulmo palapa with the best tacos de pescados. We had just finished our last beach dive of the day, and the proprietor had taken the dorado that was caught earlier and made the fish tacos specially for us. My friend Rodolfo is hamming for the camera. (I have a weakness for Hispanic men, what can I say?)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 10:23:20 am »
Great minds think alike! I not only love fish tacos, but I have a weakness for Hispanic men too! Actually, anybody with Latin blood...especially Italians (I married one)!!

Giancarlo

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 05:49:01 pm »
LOL. I"m half italian/half spanish.

I have a weakness for latinos... in fact that's pretty much the type that comes after me.. :) I usually am not the one who starts it, but they flirt with me... it has happened in the mall more then often.

moremojo

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 05:56:35 pm »
I've never had a fish taco, but enjoy po-boys, so probably would like them once tasted. Open to experimentation on this one... ;)

Scott

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006, 06:09:02 pm »
I'll come down to Texas and cook up some fish tacos for you, Scott. You invite Heath and I'll invite Jake to join us.

Gian, can I accompany you to the mall next time you go? Oops, forgot, I am already married...