Author Topic: Who Loves Fish?  (Read 120104 times)

Giancarlo

Re: Who Loves Fish Tacos?
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2006, 08:59:16 pm »
Pizza comes from Naples which is a seaside city, so fish pizza sounds right to me. How about calling it pizza de pesce? Does that grab you? Actually, what are you doing eating pizza at all if you're in Indiana? Isn't that the wonderful place where Breaking Away was filmed with (avert the eyes) Dennis Quaid? I remember the line from that movie where the Dad forbids "ini" food from being served in his house. I may have Indiana mixed up with Illinois--I'll bet that's never happened before.

Well what was more famous from seaside italian cities was the seafood spaghetti... Spaghetti al mare

It includes all sorts of things.. including clams, oysters, calamari... and sometimes crab...

But of course my favorite seafood dish isn't that.. but paella (it includes seafood and sometimes chicken)...

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2006, 10:06:26 pm »
But of course my favorite seafood dish isn't that.. but paella (it includes seafood and sometimes chicken)...

Oh, now I know all about Paella. I had paella several times when I was in Marbella, Spain. It is delicious!
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Giancarlo

« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2006, 10:08:22 pm »
Oh, now I know all about Paella. I had paella several times when I was in Marbella, Spain. It is delicious!

My mom makes it the best... she also knows how to make spanish omelette really well...

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2006, 10:26:49 pm »
Well what was more famous from seaside italian cities was the seafood spaghetti... Spaghetti al mare

It includes all sorts of things.. including clams, oysters, calamari... and sometimes crab...

My mouth is just watering!!!  YUMMY!!!!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2006, 12:00:20 am »
My mouth is just watering!!!  YUMMY!!!!

Yeah, mine is too! That paella really is good.  I always thought Spanish food was spicy. When I was in Spain  though, it wasn't nearly as spicy as I  thought it would be... although I do LOVE  spicy food. The hotter the better!!!

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2006, 01:43:11 am »
Yeah, mine is too! That paella really is good.  I always thought Spanish food was spicy. When I was in Spain  though, it wasn't nearly as spicy as I  thought it would be... although I do LOVE  spicy food. The hotter the better!!!

I also love a good Cioppino.  Is that Italian or just the name they thought up for it in San Francisco (it's a seafood soup).

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2006, 01:46:09 am »
I also love a good Cioppino.  Is that Italian or just the name they thought up for it in San Francisco (it's a seafood soup).

Delalluvia -  I  have never had Cioppino. I love seafood soup though. I don't really like fish all that much, but I love clam chowder.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2006, 03:56:05 am »
Giancarlo -

I sure wish your mom lived closer to me. I bet she is a really good cook. You are making me hungry for some good Spanish cuisine!

And you are posting those pictures too... that just adds to the torment!! That food really looks good.

I miss Spain!!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Who Loves Fish?
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2006, 06:55:02 am »
I have modified the title of this poll to accommodate the delicious tangent that it is veering off into. I'm thinking maybe we should plan a mini-Brokie get together in the Chicago area to gorge on paella. I will have to ask my Chicago Brokie friends Yaadpyar and latjoreme to work on identifying the proper Spanish dining establishment. Also, I'm dreaming of a wonderful dinner I had once in, of all places, Winnemucca Nevada at a lovely Basque restaurant. Can't say as I had any fish, but the lamb was delectable. That might make a good rendezvous place too, it certainly is way out in the middle of nowhere.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 07:02:32 am by Front-Ranger »
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
Re: Who Loves Fish?
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2006, 08:16:48 am »
I'm thinking maybe we should plan a mini-Brokie get together in the Chicago area to gorge on paella. I will have to ask my Chicago Brokie friends Yaadpyar and latjoreme to work on identifying the proper Spanish dining establishment.

Good plan!