Author Topic: Who Loves Fish?  (Read 120052 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Who Loves Fish?
« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2006, 08:36:54 pm »
Midnight -

They are actually pretty good. And I don't particularly like fish either. There is a recipe for them somewhere in this thread. I didn't see it until after we made the fish tacos last week. So we are going to make them again using the recipe.

But now Cory wants to try the fish pizza. Nope!

I told him he can go ahead and order a fish pizza, but not that half and half deal. I don't want any little fishies accidently "swimming" over to my side of the pizza.  :P
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2006, 09:19:03 pm »
There was a chic walking down the street the other day, talking way too loudly on her cell phone, and the only part I caught was "and then we had fish tacos for dinner."  And I thought of y'all immediately of course!

;D
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2006, 09:57:16 pm »
There was a chic walking down the street the other day, talking way too loudly on her cell phone, and the only part I caught was "and then we had fish tacos for dinner."  And I thought of y'all immediately of course!

;D

Thanks for thinking about us, I think! :D

I'm always amazed at what I can hear when I listen to somebody talking on their cell phone. Often they will go into their own little world and become totally oblivious to anything or anyone around them. And they can say some pretty interesting things! I have yet to hear someone talk about a fish taco though. I wonder if she liked the fish taco?

Actually the fish taco was pretty good. Much better than I  had expected.

There are a few other weird ones I have tried too:

Peanut butter and honey.

Popcorn and sugar (I tried this for the first time in Holland. Many people there eat their popcorn with sugar instead of butter and salt. It's really good!)

French fries and mayonnaise (another one I learned in Europe... also very good!)

Ice cream and cookies all smashed up together and topped with cool whip! Yum!

Potato chips and mustard.

Ham and honey.

There are a few others but I am too embarrassed to mention them! ;)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2006, 10:00:19 pm »
Instead of mayonnaise or tartar or hot sauce, mash up some cilantro and jalapeno or serrano peppers in ranch dressing and try it on the fish.

Yummy/wierd combinations that are worth trying:

ranch dressing and pizza
garlic butter and pizza
honey poured on fried chicken strips

Try 'em, you'll like 'em.  Good eatin'.  :)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2006, 10:36:42 pm »
Instead of mayonnaise or tartar or hot sauce, mash up some cilantro and jalapeno or serrano peppers in ranch dressing and try it on the fish.

Yummy/wierd combinations that are worth trying:

ranch dressing and pizza
garlic butter and pizza
honey poured on fried chicken strips

Try 'em, you'll like 'em.  Good eatin'.  :)

Ohhhh! All of those sound good; especially the honey and fried chicken strips. I am definately going to try that one! :)

As a matter of fact, I am going to try them tomorrow! We have a Formula One race here this weekend and I have some out of town friends staying at my house. I'll try the Fried Chicken and Honey out on them tomorrow when they get back from the track!

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2006, 05:07:12 am »
I'm so NOT picky about any food, really, but I just can't eat fish. Can't stand any of it. *yucky*

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2006, 11:56:44 pm »
I'm so NOT picky about any food, really, but I just can't eat fish. Can't stand any of it. *yucky*

I don't really like fish either. I used Catfish when I made the fish tacos. Actually, it tasted a little bit like fried chicken.

It wasn't all that bad. But now I am being pressured into a fish pizza. I think not. :P

Enough is enough, ya know?

Offline Midnight24

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Miss Princess
« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2006, 09:37:31 pm »

I'm kind of opposite I guess. I love fish, especially catfish and mahi mahi and I'm a big seafood eater!! Mmmmm, I can just smell it right now.  :laugh:
~*One kiss...and bam...you're mine*~
Total and Complete Jake Lover!!!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2006, 09:41:02 pm »
I'm kind of opposite I guess. I love fish, especially catfish and mahi mahi and I'm a big seafood eater!! Mmmmm, I can just smell it right now.  :laugh:

Isn't mahi mahi like...... um...... (gulp!)..... dolphin? Like Flipper?

Remember, I live in the heartland, and I don't know a lot about things like this! ???

Offline Andrew

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2006, 10:18:26 pm »
Mahi mahi is a fish called 'dolphin' or 'dolphin fish', not the mammal called dolphin which is protected by law, David.

I spent the first twenty years of my life in Indianapolis and I remember it wasn't till after I moved to nearer the ocean (first Portland Oregon, where I found out about fresh Pacific salmon, now Boston) that I got enthusiastic about fish. 

For now, it's enough if you enjoy Schubert's trout quintet...(since I see from some of your earlier posts that you could play almost all the parts)