Author Topic: Who Loves Fish?  (Read 120054 times)

mvansand76

Re: Who Loves Fish?
« Reply #90 on: July 14, 2006, 07:24:22 am »
We are here to introduce U to the wonderful world of fish. Don't be frightened...come with me. You can do this. I'm from Wichita Kansas and I have made the journey and arrived at the destination... Take my hand...open wide...!!!

But, I am soooo scared... :o

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #91 on: July 15, 2006, 02:38:32 pm »
But, I am soooo scared... :o

Melissa - I'm scared too.

We'll let Front-Ranger lead us and I'll make sure nothing hurts you.  :)

We can do it Melissa.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #92 on: October 13, 2006, 02:58:40 pm »
So, how are U two doing in your fish odyssey? I imagine you're eating raw sea urchin by now! I have enjoyed fish tacos several times over the summer, meaning to leave a note here each time but just didn't get around to it. About a week ago I served fish tacos and my husband gave me a sharp look and said "I KNOW how much you love them." (He must have been surfing my posts here!) I used carp, striped bass, and cod with equally delicious results.

Then, I had fish tacos with Mel when I visited her recently. Those were very delicious too, a little different with tomatillo salsa and blue corn tortillas. It was a wonderful treat in a whole weekend of treats!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline saucycobblers

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #93 on: October 13, 2006, 06:28:18 pm »
I loooooove fish and eat tons of it (have some most days). I have also had tacos (though not as often) and like those too. So I have extensive experience of them as seperate food entities, but not as a glorious whole. I don't think we get them in the UK :(. I'm trying to imagine them, but can't reconcile a crunchy texture with a fishy taste. In short, I have not the faintest idea what y'all are talking about... ;)
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #94 on: October 13, 2006, 09:16:37 pm »
I sense a new convert in the works! There is a link to a great recipe in the first few posts! try it!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #95 on: October 13, 2006, 09:32:10 pm »
So, how are U two doing in your fish odyssey? I imagine you're eating raw sea urchin by now!

Who? Me and Melissa?

I remember my Dutch grandfather telling me that Dutch people love to eat fish. And like a good Dutchman, Grandpa ate fish all the time. He especially loved gerookte paling (smoked eel on toast), nieuwe haring (salted herring) which he ate by holding the fish by its tail and dropping it in his mouth, haringsla (salted herring salad) and stokvisschotel (stockfish stew).

Did I spell those correctly, Melissa?

I must not be a very good Dutchman though because I don't like fish at all. My ex boyfriend and I worked up the nerve a few months ago to try fish tacos, and I thought they tasted pretty good until I was told we didn't make them correctly and I haven't tried them since.

I certainly can't speak for Melissa, but she has assured me several times that she does not like fish either. So, I doubt she has tried a fish taco, and I would bet the king's ransom she has yet to sit down to an "urchin dinner".

So, I think both Melissa and I have failed miserably with our fish odyssey, Front Ranger.  ;)

Offline saucycobblers

• Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #96 on: October 14, 2006, 12:32:24 pm »
Hmmm... I think I may have misunderstood what 'tacos' are here  :-\. I had a look at the link and these look like what we call plain old tortillas here in the UK. What we call 'tacos' are those crispy curvy shells you put beef chilli, shredded lettuce and salsa in. Well, at least that's what we do over here, but then Britain ain't exactly renowned for its culinary finesse  ::). The recipe looks very tempting. If these are fish tacos then I think I'd definitely like them  :D.

I'm having sea bass for dinner tonight. Yummy. :P
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #97 on: October 14, 2006, 12:58:44 pm »
Nicky~

The only fish i will eat is haddock, but only after it's breaded and deep fried to a golden brown and served with alot of lemon and tarter sauce. Although I occasionaly like salmon grilled on the grill with lemon and butter.

now as far as seafood, thats another story...lobster, shrimp, fried clams, scallops ,crab, you name it I'm there!

never heard of a fish taco. Doesn't sound good to me at all!
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #98 on: October 14, 2006, 10:11:21 pm »
David if you enjoyed the fish tacos, then that is good enough for me. Keep preparing them the same way and enjoying them! Congratulations, you're a fish taco afficianado!!

I got some from Wahoo's Fish Taco Place today and it made having to go to work on a weekend ever so much more bearable!!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #99 on: October 22, 2006, 10:22:03 pm »
David if you enjoyed the fish tacos, then that is good enough for me. Keep preparing them the same way and enjoying them! Congratulations, you're a fish taco afficianado!!

I got some from Wahoo's Fish Taco Place today and it made having to go to work on a weekend ever so much more bearable!!

I wonder if Joe's Crab Shack sells fish tacos?

We don't have Wahoo's Fish Taco Place here in Indianapolis. In fact I have never heard of it before in my life.

Now that I think about it, I can't even remember how I made those fish tacos.